Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insane AI straight line speed and lack of ERS management

I have been noticing quite a lot recently that AI of the same engine have been easily blowing past me on short straights even though I am running rich mix and overtake mode. A Renault could easily catch my Mclaren by the end of the Monza straight even though I was running 2/2 wings, highest of engine modes and getting slipstream from a Red Bull in front who I couldnt even catch down the straight. It also seems that the AI always have rich mix and the full deployment of ERS at any given time. At Spa I was especially struggling with ERS but the AI always seemed to be in full deployment mode, often getting alongside me into Pouon. I really hope Codemasters fixes this soon as it is getting very tiring after 14 races.

I agree! I'm in a McLaren and all the Renault powered cars, Toro Rosso and especially my team mate Alonso absolutely destroy me on the straights! No matter what fuel mix or ERS mode you're on you have no chance! You could be miles ahead on the straight too and still get passed! Very annoying! I already felt that the Ferrari and Mercedes powered cars were very OP compared to the Renault anyway! When they easily pass on even the smallest of straights like Monaco then you know the game has an issue! Another problem I have is no matter what car and how fast you react to the light you can guantee that you'll be 3 places lower than where you started going into turn 1.