Sign in to follow this  

Difference in Lap times than real life for the Circuit of the Americas

All the qualifiers posted sub 1.40 time on United states grand prix this Saturday. Mercedes are posting 1.36.xxx.
I did 1.41.3xx with Mercedes once but I lap mostly around 1.42 +/- with Mclaren on Time trials. also. I use g27 with no assists. Tried custom carsetup but eventually ended in using a step above average preset.
I am sure there are experts here who are doing much better but I wonder how fast you guys are doing? Or is it developers that were not able to judge well how this track will behave. Please share your setup tips as well if that made a big difference for you. 

Yep 
same Problem in my eyes with suzuka and
its really a shame as its my favourite track.
pole lap this year was a 1:32.5. But not only does this appear to be an issue this year, it also has been in the past, especially with suzuka  in 2012

And actually these lap times should be done in gp mode and not in time trial. To me, its not realistic when the ai's best times on legend are 1:36's or even worse at suzuka
obviously these rl laptimes are simply impossible to achieve at some few tracks. It would Take so few time to Change that as a programmer. With rFactor it would take me some 10 seconds or so to do so...

Well to clarify that : it is not black and white. Apart from suzuka and Austin every other track is fine. Some are Even faster than rl. And i'm Talking about gp mode. Normally top lederbord times are always up to 3 secs faster than pole lap in rl. But only Austin and suzuka are 2 secs off The pace which means around 4 secs off The pace in gp mode. And of course i compare this to 2014 times and not 2005;) actually i am quite happy with The amount of grip in this game being lower just as it is supposed to be. But THE best Track ,Suzuka, has been notoriously slow since 2012. On The other Hand 2011 has been ridiculously grippy...

Well a fastest lap of The RACE. Yet, fastest Qualifying lap has been 5 secs faster. You hardly get a sub 1:39 or eben sub 1:40 in Grand Prix mode;) but alltogether i am quite surprised at the end of the day how accurate this game actually is in terms of lap times. I expected it to be 2011ish.
fingers crossed for a breathtaking 2015 ;)