Sign in to follow this  

Most difficult Grid of the series

The one that is difficult to be consistent... The one that make a huge difference of time between the best & the average... The one who make you restart race over & over... So in the end, is it more sim or more arcade?

For me Grid 1 but I've been getting better results on it in recent times but in terms of overall difficulty I definitely find it the hardest mostly as I don't think there were enough assists on that one in comparison to 2 and Autosport

GRID 2 for sure. At the end of the day, there's more speed involved with GRID 2 compared to the other games, both on the straights and in the corners. With that increased speed comes the requirement for increased precision. GRID 2 had the hardest single player by far, leaving even myself to constantly restart races, and while most of that had to do with the AI, it's still a point nonetheless.

I've also seen ten times more unskilled players there as compared to GAS, and going back to that game just a couple days ago, it was actually a bit difficult to pick up my skills again. To this day, I still get the idea that people hate on GRID 2 because they're not good enough at it, as it's a high speed drift based racer that requires more technical skill than the rest.

For anyone out there who might have played Trackmania (Stadium), I like to compare the playstyle of GRID 2 to Tech tracks in Trackmania, requiring a high amount of skill in being able to drift corners precisely and at the highest speed possible, and whether or not people will agree or disagree with me, there is a massive amount of room for error in GRID 2 compared to the rest. 

I'd say grid, only beacuse that was my learning curve as a gamer coming to racing games... it was incredibly difficult learning how to keep up with the AI nevermind the online players lol #outofmyleague!

Grid 2 was ok, it was alot of fun drifting and throwing cars about, i got pretty good at that but i think that was because of my experience on other racers, so not difficult. easiest out of the 3 in my opinion.

Grid autosport was quickly my favoute out of the three but it was not too difficult but still had the fun that grid 2 had, again, thanks to my experience i got to grips with it very quickly.

Online wise, I say GRID 1, mainly since it was my first experience online, and a lot of people were already comfortable with the game, so I struggled to keep pace. 

Offline wise, Autosport. The AI here is faster than in the previous titles, and there's a pretty big gap going from hard to very hard.

In regards to getting the most out of the cars, I'll say Autosport as well. In GRID 1, the cars almost drove themselves, and in GRID 2, you just hit the brakes and go sideways. I find it hard being fast and consistent in certain classes in Autosport. 

It was harder to learn the circuits in Grid 1 as we weren’t spoiled with the racing line options like we are now. But the cars in Grid 2 are just impossible to drive properly.

For me the most challenging and difficult out of the series would be grid-autosport. Grid 1 and grid 2 ,I guess were more arcade style in respect to the handling, grid-autosport, seems to sway far more towards real time simulation, and car for car is far harder to master. The cars respond to surface and camber changes, and if you miss the racing line , end up punished greatly. As in real world racing, one mistake can cost you several positions, and is very hard to reclaim once lost.

I have all the assists turned off so yes this game is the hardest out of the three. Turning on the x3 race mode also means you could make more mistakes so in GAS you need to concentrate more.  Its may favorite out of the tree as well. GAS is a very good game.

Id say Grid. It took me like 10 tries to win tht last race in career versus the Ravenwest round la sarthe. Then again when i did win it, i had it perfected and actually dominated but still it was hard to get there. 

Grid 2 was really easy all the way through, although i did play on normal. Grid autosport was about right at hard difficulty, i would win 95% of the time, but actually had to try.

GRID 1 was obvisouly my first one and it was my early days with a PS3 and I didn't have much control of the throttle. that made the game quite tricky for me and controlling high tier cars was very tricky for me.

Not sure why but GRID 2 was the easiest one for me. quite arcade-y and easy to drift so it wasn't too bad and I managed to win lots of online races

GRID Autosport resembles GRID 1 more than GRID 2 in gameplay and throttle control. it is hard but I'm much more confortable in controlling my speed and acceleration now so I'm doing quite well now.

I went back playing Grid 2 for fun, it was a nightmare with the Agera R. I had to use the flashback multiple time & the AI almost beat me on medium. You just lift off the gas & it goes into an uncontrollable drift mode while in GAS it simply turn easy on small chicane.

GRID 2 is somewhat realistic in how the car actually lose control although being totally arcade in another way. The higher class car is quite more difficult to handle in GRID 2.

In GRID Autosport & GRID medium is a joke.

GRID 1 was obvisouly my first one and it was my early days with a PS3 and I didn't have much control of the throttle. that made the game quite tricky for me and controlling high tier cars was very tricky for me.

Not sure why but GRID 2 was the easiest one for me. quite arcade-y and easy to drift so it wasn't too bad and I managed to win lots of online races

GRID Autosport resembles GRID 1 more than GRID 2 in gameplay and throttle control. it is hard but I'm much more confortable in controlling my speed and acceleration now so I'm doing quite well now.

that's how I see them tooas I found 2 easier than 1 purely because of the games drifty nature as I found after a bit of practice how to use it to my advantage. I prefer the moer sim handling of 1 and Autosport though 

@MrDeap Yeah, I know the feel. A week ago my friend told me to reinstall the game so I did, and he challenged me to the Racenet Challenge which was Time Attack, Tier 4 on Barcelona. That track + the Agera is hell, but I managed to get a perfect lap which felt nice considering I hadn't played the game in almost over a year.

First GRID was maybe the best, one of the most beatiful games.  In GRID 2 the ONLINE mod was funny, fast, many players. Grid Autosport is  nice offline,  online is stupid, many mod and few players.

G:AS is the most difficult as far as the Single Player goes, but for the wrong reasons.

*cough* Dirty AI *cough* last lap rubber banding *cough*

Btw, I played with max. difficulty settings. (Except without forced cockpit)

G:AS is the most difficult as far as the Single Player goes, but for the wrong reasons.

*cough* Dirty AI *cough* last lap rubber banding *cough*

Btw, I played with max. difficulty settings. (Except without forced cockpit)

They are dirty but fun!