Jump to content Jump to content

Resource Points System

SlaaddeN

• Codemasters Staff
The difficulty level the player chooses, the level of commitment to Practice Programmes and the contract perks chosen make quite a difference to this.
Players are not expected to achieve all practice programmes in order to progress their development
I think it will depend on what the AI are doing with there points. It could be that they are stock piling them in the event of a rule change.

I’ve spent all of my RP’s and by mid season my McLaren is as strong overall as the Red Bull. If a rule change hit though, I’d be knackered as I only have 69 points in total in the bank. 

Ive also not invested in the department efficiencies which may also bite me if the rules do change.

Statistically speaking the team with the most upgrades is most likely to be screwed over by a rule change and parts being wiped out. So it could go horribly wrong for me!
I would say it’s normal, but the AI should develop there cars faster. If you are in a Sauber for example you should not get higher than best of the rest in first season because all other teams develop there cars too. Maybe after some rule changes you may have luck and could start from the midfield in the new season. Than you have the chance to close the gap to the top. 
Last year it was way too low because it was a real grind. This year I think the distribution is fait. You don't have to do all the practice programs.  I arrived in Mexico and still far away from the top 3 teams but also way ahead of Renault and Haas so to me it's better this year.
Qrazzo said:
I think because of the reg changes it is a good amount, if this would have been in place for 2017, it would have been to much, but when there is a reg change, you will have to double spent the amount of points. which will equal it out

Yeah because of the new reg changes they needed to increase the amount of points available to the player and whilst I liked the hard work you have to put in to purchase the upgrades in 2017 it can take 2 or sometimes even 3 race weekends on 2017 of just earning points just to buy 1 upgrade especially if you're going for one of the more expensive ones so I can see why some felt it was a bit of a grind. Personally I liked the challenge so it was never a problem for myself especially as I'm kind of used to RPG style games given I play a lot of them. Also given you can lose components to either failure or regulation changes now it means you'll need to continuously earn points too. Also this I think is a good thing because it means you'll always have something to think about through all 10 seasons of your career both on and off track what with media interaction and performance levels as well. Which is I think what CM are trying to achieve with F1 2018. I haven't actually played the game myself yet this is just my observations based on the various youtuber careers I've watched so far.
the Question is contreverse, like as A.I. "Aggressive" !
in High dificulty level's (+95) make some practice programs (like ERS Management and Tyre Wear) is so hard on joystick, close to impossible for some players,  but race pace is fine in this ai Level!
Possible best and EASY solution for 2 cases: a Option to Adjust A.I. aggressive and Resource Points  farm level on single player carrer mode!

Archived