Sign in to follow this  

What I would like to see in F1 2015 and beyond.

So, I posted this on Tiametmarduk's new F1 2015 video, so I thought I'd post it here as well, so I know what you guys think of this. Here goes.
1. Formation Lap and Cooldown Lap.
2. Better R&D. You can go to the factory, go to the wind tunnel and look at the data. You can use the simulator and gather data. You put this data together and the engineers come up with parts for the car.
3. Grid walk.
4. Being able to walk around manually, i.e, Walking into your car, walking onto the podium, walking back to your garage, etc.
5. Faster pit stops.
6. A new Scenario Mode - You can change or repeat history. 
7. Trophy room with every championship winning car, such as the Brawn BGP 001, MP4-23, RB9, etc.
8. Interactions with the drivers. Ability to share data with teammate.
9. Better Online Servers.
10. At the end of your career, you will see flashbacks of your best races.
11. Better damage.
12. MUCH better AI.
13. If Codies ever get the licence to put the BBC or Sky commentators and presenters in, give us the ability to watch the race weekend like we do on TV. 
14. Custom Helmets.
15. Better textures and graphics.
16. Post race interviews and post race press conference.
17. All of what Ben said. (Ben is Tiametmarduk.)
18. More realistic setups.
19. Being able to talk to the drivers and build relationships.
20. Pre season testing. This is a must for career mode.
21. More freedom in general.
22. Possibility of sitting out races due to injury because of crashes. 
23. Random interviews by the press. These increase when you are near the top of the WDC table.
24. Fluctuating Performance. You can be dominant one year, but be a midfield team the next. 
25. Ability to choose driver number.
26. Proper steering wheels.
27. Electronic failures.
28. Tyres shred if you hit some sharp debris.
29. Ability to give input to the engineers when the car is slow or understeery.
30. Advice from the Champions over the course of your career.
31. Overtake Button.
32. Ability to choose where you can harvest your ERS.
33. Ability to have your own music in the garage.
34. This is something that I'd really like, but I don't think this would ever make it into an F1 game. Ability to design parts for the car. I'd have a menu with a selection of parts and a basic front wing. You can then attach these parts to the wing, but you have to place them so you can get a good balance of downforce and low drag. You can do the same with the rear wing, and you can place little aero parts all over the car in strategic places to create downforce. This is part of my idea for better R&D. Obviously, you can only add a certain amount of parts to the car for each GP. You also have a limit of car parts that you can take to a GP.
35. Failed Pit stops. If it's wet, sometimes the pit crew can slip and lose their grip on the tyre or front wing. If it's a front wing, it can get damaged if it hits the ground hard enough. Other times, the tyres could get fitted incorrectly and cause immense wheel wobble, leaving you with a choice. You either struggle through the wheel wobble, but you will have a very hard time cornering, or you retire.
36. Better Damage. Self-explanatory. Front Wing can crumple, fall under the car, damage the tyres. Damage when jumping over high curbs, such as the last chicane at Canada. 
37. Chatting to your engineers on the grid on race day about the race strategy.
38. Sit out some practice sessions to let test drivers drive your car.
39. Ability to customise the look of your driver, like in F1:CE 

The real full weekend (FP1 and FP2) with a better weather plus temperature environment (e.g. wet Q2 and completely dry Q3), impacting the track grip. A lot of times we see that if it rains minutes before the session the track will start the session wet and improving based on the temperature and also the grip is different.

Along the lines of no.29 in the original post, an ability to request a change of your front wing angle when you make a pit-stop, just like Hamilton did in the Grand Prix of the USA yesterday.

I pretty much play only career mode, definitely want the full weekend to return & the whole 'live the life' aspect the first two games had.

it would be great if my engineer/garage could give me an indication of what the race tyre strategy might be between practice and qualy so I don't use up all the tyres trying to get a decent grid position 

I pretty much play only career mode, definitely want the full weekend to return & the whole 'live the life' aspect the first two games had.

it would be great if my engineer/garage could give me an indication of what the race tyre strategy might be between practice and qualy so I don't use up all the tyres trying to get a decent grid position 
I agree and add once we knew the full weekend weather forecast, we should use the Fridays practices for race simulation using full load of fuel, it will help us decide the setup. Also it would be great if that AI does the same.

Of course, all of these should come togehter with more telemetry data.

Number 17. This Ben sounds like he should be listened to!
Yeah, Ben is Tiametmarduk and he made some really good points as well. I'm quite new to these forums, so I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I posted it in the most reasonable section that I could find.

No no it's the right section. Poor attempt at humour- don't worry it doesn't happen very often!
There's quite a lot of good points there but there are also quite a few that belong on a "wish list" as they would unlikely ever make it into an F1 game as they're either gimmicky or add very little to the game. I agree with 1 and 2. A formation lap would be a nice feature, as long as it affected the start in some way, as in if you don't warm the tyres enough for example or if you're sitting on the grid too long because you went too fast then it affects your launch. Not so much the cooldown lap though.  R&D needs an upgrade but it probably won't be to that degree. To the point where it starts having an affect on the team tiers in the game would be more than sufficient I would personally think. Give Williams an upgrade for example that could pop them into tier 1 rather than 2 etc.
6 would be interesting, something like hypothetical scenarios perhaps? What if Schumacher didn't have to miss half of 1999 or what if it didn't rain at Brazil 2008 for example?
18 would be one I would personally like to see, it's perhaps a bit too simple at the moment. Maybe something like Forza would be nice to see. I would also agree with 20. It would make the first season less predictable in particular if it had an effect on starting tiers for the teams.
I also agree with 27, 28. 32, 35 and obviously 36. More sensitive damage in general would be nice to see as well as different sorts of damage (suspension, rear wing, sidepod etc.) This would also help tone down the lap one nutcases (yes I mean single player as well). People won't throw the car around on lap one like they do making up several places if it meant ruining your car. As has been said regarding 29, an ability to ask for + or - front wing adjustment at a pit stop would be a nice feature. The d-pad menu has one more space, perhaps that can fill it.
And then 9, 11 and 12 go without saying. They can always be improved.

3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 13, 14, 15, 19, 21, 22, 25, 26, 30, 33, 37 and 38 are all very unlikely as they're all either aesthetic (which improve over time anyway) or wouldn't add much if anything to the game and are probably a bit too far fetched for a video game. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see them if they made it or were possible but they're very....wishlisty and as they wouldn't really add anything they'd be at the bottom of any to-do list regarding F1 games.

Something I would add personally would be penalties for using more than the allowed amount of engines like Vettel and Kvyat this weekend or gearbox penalties. This would encourage the player to be more conservative with the car throughout the season. I would also add random failures for the player. We see the AI have them, but it would be nice if the player is happily driving along and then suddenly the engine lets go for example, or maybe the suspension goes throwing you into the gravel. Obviously with the option to turn off for those players that would get too frustrated by suddenly dropping out on lap 40 of 56 or something.

No no it's the right section. Poor attempt at humour- don't worry it doesn't happen very often!
There's quite a lot of good points there but there are also quite a few that belong on a "wish list" as they would unlikely ever make it into an F1 game as they're either gimmicky or add very little to the game. I agree with 1 and 2. A formation lap would be a nice feature, as long as it affected the start in some way, as in if you don't warm the tyres enough for example or if you're sitting on the grid too long because you went too fast then it affects your launch. Not so much the cooldown lap though.  R&D needs an upgrade but it probably won't be to that degree. To the point where it starts having an affect on the team tiers in the game would be more than sufficient I would personally think. Give Williams an upgrade for example that could pop them into tier 1 rather than 2 etc.
6 would be interesting, something like hypothetical scenarios perhaps? What if Schumacher didn't have to miss half of 1999 or what if it didn't rain at Brazil 2008 for example?
18 would be one I would personally like to see, it's perhaps a bit too simple at the moment. Maybe something like Forza would be nice to see. I would also agree with 20. It would make the first season less predictable in particular if it had an effect on starting tiers for the teams.
I also agree with 27, 28. 32, 35 and obviously 36. More sensitive damage in general would be nice to see as well as different sorts of damage (suspension, rear wing, sidepod etc.) This would also help tone down the lap one nutcases (yes I mean single player as well). People won't throw the car around on lap one like they do making up several places if it meant ruining your car. As has been said regarding 29, an ability to ask for + or - front wing adjustment at a pit stop would be a nice feature. The d-pad menu has one more space, perhaps that can fill it.
And then 9, 11 and 12 go without saying. They can always be improved.

3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 13, 14, 15, 19, 21, 22, 25, 26, 30, 33, 37 and 38 are all very unlikely as they're all either aesthetic (which improve over time anyway) or wouldn't add much if anything to the game and are probably a bit too far fetched for a video game. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see them if they made it or were possible but they're very....wishlisty and as they wouldn't really add anything they'd be at the bottom of any to-do list regarding F1 games.

Something I would add personally would be penalties for using more than the allowed amount of engines like Vettel and Kvyat this weekend or gearbox penalties. This would encourage the player to be more conservative with the car throughout the season. I would also add random failures for the player. We see the AI have them, but it would be nice if the player is happily driving along and then suddenly the engine lets go for example, or maybe the suspension goes throwing you into the gravel. Obviously with the option to turn off for those players that would get too frustrated by suddenly dropping out on lap 40 of 56 or something.
Quite a bit of this is a wish list, but I think some of these things can be implemented. Remember the trophy room on F1 2006 and CE? IIRC, you had some classic cars as well that you could drive in Time Trial.

Regarding AI, I have to say that the AI on F1: CE were bloody vicious. I do struggle with handling on that game though, but that's probably because I'm used to F1 2013. 

On one hand they were good as they were aggressive and the player could actually get put into a spin by them (which doesn't happen in CM's versions, something that needs to be remedied). I haven't played it for about 5 years so I can't remember if they could actually outbrake you or not though. What I do remember about them though was there was absolutely no variation in them at all. Every race was exactly the same result: First and second was always between Massa and Fisichella while third and fourth between Schumacher and Alonso then 5th and 6th between Montoya and Barrichello with 7th and 8th between Raikkonen and Button. It was as if they got all of the top four teams driver talent files the wrong way around. Then it was always Heidfeld in 9th followed by either a Toyota or a Red Bull and Webber was 16th every single time. It was painful and took away any immersion from the game (a cardinal sin in racing games).
It's the reason (alongside the godawful physics) why I firmly believe to this day that F1:CE (and most of Studio Liverpools PS2 F1 games as well) is among the one of the worst F1 games ever made.

Maybe a game that starts from 2000. U ply through the seasons. And when a new year comes. Just say 2016 there is a update that costs £15 with new cars tracks and other stuff. 
And get rid of the rubbish stuff like scenario mode. Just have career and online 

The game isn't bad at the moment.

What i definitely want back are the two missing free sessions. It is hard to find your Setup in just one hour. F1 2011 did best. I also still miss a formation lap and more control over the car in the pitlane. A victory ceremony would be also fine.

Interviews and more is a funny idea but not really important. Work on the handling of the cars. F1 2014 became a little bit too Acarde. A Little bit. It's not bad, but also not rfactor. It don't has to be, but more slides are welcome.

- Better AI!
- Better damage!
- Better handling!
- All free Training sessions back! (FP1 and FP2)
- More GP (Formation lap, pit-control) 
- More GP-Weekend (ceremonies,....)
- Next gen!!

This would be a F1 2015, and a solid base to work for 2016!!   

Some very good ideas or in a different way of explaining your idea in a very short choice of words that are self explained! pretty good! Like Ideas: 2, 10, 13, i love the 22 idea!, 23, 24, 30, what is 31?! haha, 33 is a nice touch. but yeah, i have about the same of my own, some of them are pretty much like yours but in my own way, they are down below! :) i posted these in a different discussion and seemed ok :)

1: I would like to see in the career mode that you start of from the bottom teams and earn your way up in the ranks and teams to get recognized as a good driver, but also keeping the difficulty level there, but making it that you don’t have to RESTART the season if you have a contract offer half way through the season and the difficulty is a bit easier when you swap for a higher team than you originally drove with? So like a balanced difficulty system where if you are changing teams though out the season, it will still be difficult to earn your spot on the podium, instead of keeping it the same difficulty, e.g. if I started at Caterham and made good progress, moved up to say, Toro Rosso RedBull, and just outran everyone on the track, its hardly a change of difficulty, and no challenge when its on a difficulty when you first started off, than when you changed teams?.. get me? Aha ^^;

2: In Exhibition mode: be able to watch a race of your favorite teams/drivers/modes/tracks in a camera mode and switch in between the cameras and drivers with a commentary to go along with that to make it more like you are watching an actual race if you wanted to.. just like in the game i loved to play on the Nintendo 64, Formula 1 Championships, also commentary can be turned on/off)

3: if you have a voice input such as like the kinect or a headset, and have voice commands such as like: 

"Lap time" - Feedback on your lap time(s)
"Fuel" - Feedback on how much fuel you've used and/or when you need to pit in for more fuel.
"Tyres" - Feedback on how much laps your tyres are estimated to run out and due for a pit.
"Team Mate" - Feedback on where your TM is/position and anything else relevant to the race.
e.g. : "Team Mate" : "your Team Mate, ('team mates name'), is currently in X place and is on the 2nd corner and is due for a pit in X amount of laps, also is lapping X amount of second(s) ahead of you 
"Times" - Feedback on how well your times are improving or not, and the times you are posting. 
e.g. : "Times", "your last lap time was, 01:35.53, you are improved/improving by 0.200'ths of a second, keep it up" or something like that.
Just a few commends that can be put in the next game so like the garage engineer can give you feedback on your command.  just as in the examples.

4: as everyone's saying, more better or have engine, brakes, gear failures, as it would in the real races. i guess this could be a good feature.

5: focus on more the track now?

6: Bring back the Interviews maybe before, but defiantly after the race, relevance to my next few questions, make it that we have a conference room to go in after the race(s)  in free roam mode. 

7: a character Customization? be able to Customize your Character, and your own Number to start in your own career mode. 
Also having more than one Career Player?

8: Manual PitStops: would be good to drive into your own pitstops where as in the 2010-13 Formula 1 games we had KERS, we could replace that with a pit limiter speed button, if Manual Pits is turned on (as an option) you have to press the Pit Limiter button, (assigned to your controller) to enter the pits. but only if the option of having manual pits on.
Also can the Camera Angle of the your Crew pushing your Car in the Garage be free view?.. iwould like to see that you are observing the surroundings of your garage when your car is being pushed into the garage and still can look around. 

9: Free Roam: would like to see that you can be able to hop out of your car after a session is finished or if you have a car part that is failed and you can have an option to watch the rest of the race in camera mode or be exploring around the paddock and garage, can not enter the track while a race/session is on, nor the pit lane, but yeah. just an idea to work on if so.

10: Fully Custom Selection of Game Modes: In exhibition mode, would like to see that you can choose any time of the day you can race, with any weather, on any track, in any short, medium and full, short, medium or long race weekends.
but in career mode, could we have the calender back from the F1-2011-12, and make them weekends not a full month of racing, so you can have news stories in between the week and practices if you want, and R&D 'special' events during the week before the race so you can be ready for the race to come. just something to improve i guess.

11:Cockpit Helmet View: would like to see the actual Helmet you are wearing while in the cockpit racing on your head instead of having a plain view of the cockpit. but can be an option you can turn off and on.
Also as some people are saying, custom design helmets?.. could be awesome. 

12: Formation Lap

13: not so much to look at, BUT just an idea, in Gran Tourismo 5, you can manage a driver and select his car and see how well he can go with what you can provide your driver, starting off in the lower tiers and work your way up in the managers chair. and hiring new young talent to join your team to build your drivers skills to become a legend.

14: Having Lower grades! F2, F3 would be nice to have as a starting point.

15: Does anyone fancy some GO-KARTS?!?!, would be a nice side-feature to the game, since go-karts are the stepping stone to formula 1 racing. :P

16: Podiums: After a race i guess.. (an option to either turn off/on podiums, or you can skip podium cut-scene) would be a good thing.. because if you celebrate, i'd like to see my Character/Driver celebrate on a good finishing position,on the podium.

17: If your car is damaged, (lest say pretty badly) BUT you are ok and  able to move.. could we say that its an idea that a safety crew comes out once the safetey car is out on track, the crew moves your car to the tow area to get it back to the garage? as it would "realistically" as people want it these days, but it would be good to see what else happens when you are in that sort of situation like that, instead of like in 2011-13 where if you highly impact a wall you have a menu pop up saying: [ you can either: use a flashback or retire from the session]  i think having the simulation of having to see that you have to hop out of your car that you've badly damaged or just an accident and left the safety crew handle your car towing it back to the garage. (but i guess thats all a bit to much to expect on a little side effect on a game?.. [just an idea]

18: G-force Effects? : i know its something that might go a bit to far in this idea but,when im going around a corner at like 100+km/hr i stop and think, if there is anything that the driver sees when he is going around a corner even faster or something.. or thats just my speculation of asking something that i dont know of, -sort of. ?

18.5: some people saying that having a game/season(s) that go from the 2000's or earlier maybe and start from there, finishing to where we are now? i GUESS it COULD work.. maybe? but thats provided that you have to get everyone’s expectations with the old drivers that everyone wants AND the new improved effects and simulations of what we are anticipating on the newer F1 2015! so yeah.. its not a bad idea, but it could be something more of -down the track- sort of suggestions if i were looking to make the next game.. IMO :P 

19: Sponsored Cars: i see why not?.. because the cars look plain every time i go past or an AI passes me (started/ing from caterham on professional with no HUD and ALWAYS in cockpit camera, earning my way up to better teams is my kind of playing field and  style of F1

20: haha another idea? : Legend Challenges: so like, if you have a specific Driver/Legendary driver ( past drivers that has been in from 2013 or earlier in the real races) you can challenge them/ like beat their best time on a track of your choosing or their best time on a specific track/ i don't know but something along those lines, but challenging them for their helmet design and wear it on any mode you like  as proof that you have beat them, and/or you can have different helmet designs for each of the drivers and difficulties, e.g. Michael Schumacher has all the difficulty modes: Amateur/Normal/Professional/Legendary: each difficulty has a unique helmet design as you beat the legend and unlock his helmet design.

21: also, on the Season Challenge, they only have one sht qualifying sessions, could we be able to change that to a short, or medium session, because I don’t race tracks yet until I have on the career mode, and i cant adjust to the track in one shot.. so yeah.

sums up my ideas in a nutshell.. 

I'd like to see the system as in the F1 Paddock 2011.
Also it would be good you can create your own team, designing the car for this, give the aerodynamic tests, and compete with him in the World Championship.
Note that more tire wear and look like rubber balls onto these.
To customize your driver. The faces through the walls in the cinematic look more like those pilots who are represented.
A scene on the podium at the end of the race where pilots look like the cup, and sound anthems.
When you come into a team is not the driver's name that you replace the monkey see, but see your own that you choose as a player.
That the conditions required in PC are not very high, so that people with few requirements can play it and reach more people.
Best driving with PC control system.

But mainly I said it would be best that you could create your own team to compete, then go fichando pilots from other teams, both official test. Grow the Scuderia, and take it to the top.
Customize the car of the team, with colors and sponsors who want to design the front and rear wings, and the whole car in general.
That would be quite entertaining that would pretty entertaining.
And with the team that you think you can compete in the Online along with other players.
That's what I hope for F1 2015