Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

AI need fixing in the wet big time!

Title says it all! I am leading singapore by 20 sec (100% race) pulling on average half a sec to the mercs behind when the rain starts coming down heavy lap 22, I put inters on lap 25 and my pace is still good (hamilton half sec quicker but matching alonso's pace) lap 30 comes and the track ready for full wets so pit for full wets and within 6 laps hamilton is right behind me :( next few laps hes on my gearbox almost pushing me out of corners he has that much grip ffs! Id understand how I was loosing so much time if I was all over the place lighting the rears up out of every corner but Im not. Ok so may not be the quickest guy in the wet but there is just no way the AI should have the grip to go 2-4 sec a lap quicker than me when on full wet tyres. Wouldnt mind so much if only say 25% of the races where wet but so far id say at least 50% of my weekends have had rain affecting quali or the race and when Im feathering the throttle just to get drive the AI floor it and drive away as if it was dry. Ive really been enjoying the game this weekend as im now winning a few races on legend (1-1.5sec off before) but when i see rain forcast for the race I know its game over and Ill struggle to match the backmarkers times. Why is it every year codies release the game where the AI are broken in the wet? Im not moaning about the lack of grip we the player have in the wet as I think it is good fun but when the AI or someone with tc is 2-4 sec a lap quicker it just becomes boring and not a challenge anymore. Before someone says it putting tc on is not a fix btw :) Ive seen alot of ppl complain about this and for me its the only GAMEBREAKING bug in the game. As soon as codies fix the problem ill be happy but with no mention of a patch yet Im left wondering how much more I can play if I keep getting rain half way through a race! Anyone know when or even if codies are going to patch the game?  

Yeah it's a joke. I ran medium traction control in Malaysia to test it out and even then the AI are still way too fast. Definitely needs patching. I'm enjoying the game in dry conditions, but any conditions requiring full wet tyres are not worth even trying, I'll just crash out and retire on career mode wet races until its fixed.

I drive with no assists but for full wet races or qualifying I put full traction control on and still struggle to make the top 10. The AI cars just seem like they're on rails and don't slip at all.

what do you expect from retarded AI on rails, programmed to not make one single mistake

TMDol said:
Yeah it's a joke. I ran medium traction control in Malaysia to test it out and even then the AI are still way too fast. Definitely needs patching. I'm enjoying the game in dry conditions, but any conditions requiring full wet tyres are not worth even trying, I'll just crash out and retire on career mode wet races until its fixed.
Ye mate thats what I did at singapore in the end, was sick of hearing the AI floor it when im struggling for grip out of corners. Problem I have now is japan is 45% chance of rain so I know half the race will be on wet tyres :( It is only light rain forcast so should be ok but I know if I get heavy rain its race over and that will be 2 dnf's in a row which sucks as the last few races ive taken 2nd in championship only 18 points behind rosberg so anymore heavy rain and all my hard racing through the season will just see me slide down the table and possibly getting beat by my rival (hamilton) Sucks as I do really enjoy the 100% races this year but when Ive done a hour racing then it rains it just seems like a waste of time :(  

When it starts raining heavily i save the game and exit to main menu, drop difficulty down a notch and then re-load

Only way to get a decent wet race for me anyway

I'm totally with you guys in the wet, the wetter it gets the more uncompetitive I get! A fix is more than welcome.

When it starts raining heavily i save the game and exit to main menu, drop difficulty down a notch and then re-load

Only way to get a decent wet race for me anyway

I did think of this but something changes with the AI if I ever use a flashback or mid session save. I think they either get a new set of tyres or just run mix 3 because every time I would save in the previous game id load it back up and they would always find about a sec or more a lap (race director) not sure if it happens alot as prob only ever saved 5 times through a race on 2013, having to much fun in the dry this year so the laps fly by lol! Flashbacks are the same story from time to time but again not had enough experience with them to say its a bug. Does the enginner still tell you the guy behind is on newer tyres after using flashback? (even tho there not) Might give it a go but worried that I might get a corrupt save from it so in a bit of a pickle really :) prob wont play again till the weekend so just hope the rain doesnt ruin my nights off! Hopefully after japan only brazil will have rain otherwise where do codies get there weather forcasts from? Mind you had rain at bahrain in previous games so dont suppose they take into account that some of the tracks havent seen rain all year lol! 

The big problem to me doesn't seem to be their pace - if you put as much practise in in the rain as you do in dry you would be surprised how much quicker you would get. I would say on full wet quali, I'm faster not slower in comparison to AI. 

However, I do think that the AI does not have the imbalance of rear tyre wear like we do, so as soon as the rears start to go (which doesn't take that long) they have huge traction advantage. It's not that their tyres don't wear properly, just that it seems like they wear too evenly front-back.

The big problem to me doesn't seem to be their pace - if you put as much practise in in the rain as you do in dry you would be surprised how much quicker you would get. I would say on full wet quali, I'm faster not slower in comparison to AI

However, I do think that the AI does not have the imbalance of rear tyre wear like we do, so as soon as the rears start to go (which doesn't take that long) they have huge traction advantage. It's not that their tyres don't wear properly, just that it seems like they wear too evenly front-back.
Really? I know you posted a vid of you doing a GP quali lap in another thread I mentiond this but I find that very hard to belive that your more competative in full wet conditions than in the dry as the vid you posted you were only bout 2tenths quicker than the caterhams (with a good lap) in a williams and we didnt see more, not saying you not just find it very hard to belive when 90% of the ppl on the forums and youtube belive the AI are unbeatable in full wet conditions (unless playing on lower difficulty than normal) yet have no trouble matching them in the dry or inter conditions. Ive seen many top league players lap up to 4 sec slower than them on wets so what chance do I have when im anything up to 4 sec slower than them guys myself (TT) :( I know its alot to ask but could you post a vid showing a 25% or 50% race in full wets to see where im going wrong maybe? In the dry I knew where I was loosing the time and which corners but when I loose 2 sec in 1 sector im like wtf lol! Havent tried a GP in the wet so might be easier there but imo they are unplayable in carrer mode as the AI have so much grip. Like I said I know im not a good driver, maybe just above average so dont expect to be setting fastest laps but when im slower than the backmarkers in a ferrari I know something isnt right! Id agree that quali isnt as bad as the races but even there they seem to do lightning fast times compared with what I am able to do :( 

My only experience with the AI in the wet so far is Austria in an onine race where several teams had their drivers putting in laps that were equivalent to dry lap times despite it being rain throughout the race. I am hoping thats a one off but doubt that is the case.

huh, weird the AI on inters and wet are slower then me by a mile.
I have the exact opposite issue, specially on inters, getting rain the last 10 laps of a race usually means I'll win the race even if i'm almost a lap down :|

this cracks me up everytime...instead of being honest to yourselves and learn to drive better in the wets you rather blame the AI. The AI's driving in the wet is imho one of the most improved aspects of the game and one of the best out there. They even make mistakes if you put enough pressure on them. 

As a general hint for driving in the wet, adjust your race line and everything that comes with it. brake points, apex approach, turn exit...its all going to be completely different compared to racing in the dry. If you just stick to the same line as dry you will be slow, very slow

Sometimes i'm wondering if we are all playing different games....

Woozie77 said:
this cracks me up everytime...instead of being honest to yourselves and learn to drive better in the wets you rather blame the AI. The AI's driving in the wet is imho one of the most improved aspects of the game and one of the best out there. They even make mistakes if you put enough pressure on them. 

As a general hint for driving in the wet, adjust your race line and everything that comes with it. brake points, apex approach, turn exit...its all going to be completely different compared to racing in the dry. If you just stick to the same line as dry you will be slow, very slow

Sometimes i'm wondering if we are all playing different games....
I fully agree. I do 100% races and if it happens to rain I change my racing style and all feels good. Some tracks i'm better in the wet than others and I accept that.

STEFAN said:
I fully agree. I do 100% races and if it happens to rain I change my racing style and all feels good. Some tracks i'm better in the wet than others and I accept that.
Thats what i love so much about F1 2015 and its improved physics, it actually allows you to react on these things and adjust your driving style accordingly because you can feel your car now and put some trust into it. No more sudden oversteer or other unexpected behavior, you can manage your race now and set your speed including proper tire and temperature management. I rate this part of F1 2015 far above many other 'race-sims' out there, and i'd even say its the best recreation of open-wheel racing ever, hands down. 

Guys this was posted about the 2014 game nearly a year ago lol! Someone must of gone to page 200 to see it :) Agree the AI pace on 2015 is a little slow if anything.

I'm matching the AI who I'm racing on inters, I'm Red Bull so I'm racing the Force India's, Lotus' and that. But in full wets I'm faster than the Manors only and maybe the Mclaren's if it's one of my preffered tracks