Jump to content Jump to content

Two questions on rule implementation

Question 1: For anyone who has finished a career season, I presume that the double points system is enabled at Abu-Dabi?

Question 2: I keep wanting to verify but always forget to – Do you start the race on the Q2 tires? New rule this year that an extra set is available for Q3, but you start on your Q2 set from which you set your fastest time. Is this enabled?

The first thing I don't know for sure, as I'm still playing my first full season. I can tell you in a week or so ;-)

As far as I'm concerned, the second thing you ask is in the game this year! I found that out by accident: I qualified 10th in Hungary in Q2, just making the cut. I drove the Option tyre. When I skipped some time in Q3, I saw the times of the AI, which were way faster than my Q2 times. So I decided to do one timed lap on the Hard tyre, so I could start the race from P10 with Hard.

Guess what happened; I was forced starting the race one the Option tyre. First thought it was a bug ;-)
Tuur79 said:
The first thing I don't know for sure, as I'm still playing my first full season. I can tell you in a week or so ;-)

As far as I'm concerned, the second thing you ask is in the game this year! I found that out by accident: I qualified 10th in Hungary in Q2, just making the cut. I drove the Option tyre. When I skipped some time in Q3, I saw the times of the AI, which were way faster than my Q2 times. So I decided to do one timed lap on the Hard tyre, so I could start the race from P10 with Hard.

Guess what happened; I was forced starting the race one the Option tyre. First thought it was a bug ;-)

I'm still playing my first season as well but seeing as it is one of the new rules I would assume the double points are there