Sign in to follow this  

PITSTOP IN GRID AUTOSPORT - even as an update later!

Inspired of the "CHAT IN GRID" thread I thought of making a poll to know how many would really like to see pitstops in GRID AUTOSPORT. *nuf said, here's the poll ;)

yes, but only for +20 laps race
i would not have pit stop on short racing, and autosport will have persistent damage, so will be some new game dynamics about that.
btw, you know is dreaming... we had a poll for a little stuff as a text chat, and now we know is 100% no.
So i bet wish for pit-stops into autosport is like a dreaming thread... maybe for grid3, is already added to "the list"

@MiatakiasGR - are you sure?
I just checked the CHAT IN GRID AUTOSPORT thread, and to me it looks like Loore forgot a "not" ?

i would not have pit stop on short racing, and autosport will have persistent damage, so will be some new game dynamics about that.
But in games like Race 07 it's a free choice for the host to add Forced Pitstop or not, and from 10-12 laps and up it would be cool as there most likely will be "broken things", punctures etc etc..

Edit: It doesn't have to be any fancy looking pits. Just a place to put the car at to get it repaired really - a shed would do fine actually!

Edit: PS Don't give up the hope of text chat yet!
I see it as they still discuss the subject a lot!  :)]

ChokDK said:
But in games like Race 07 it's a free choice for the host to add Forced Pitstop or not, and from 10-12 laps and up it would be cool as there most likely will be "broken things", punctures etc etc..

Edit: It doesn't have to be any fancy looking pits. Just a place to put the car at to get it repaired really - a shed would do fine actually!

Edit: PS Don't give up the hope of text chat yet!
I see it as they still discuss the subject a lot!  :)]
in toca 3 and in f1 series is like that you can not set pitstops in a 5 laps race but in 25%(of total laps of a real f1 gan prix) and up

ChokDK said:
@MiatakiasGR - are you sure?
I just checked the CHAT IN GRID AUTOSPORT thread, and to me it looks like Loore forgot a "not" ?
this is about text chat !! Loore has made clean that they will not be spactating mode when you are in lobby or pitstops...                                                                             
:-B

i thought stops were going to be in endurance races anyway? that's something which springs to mind when you think endurance... 

i'm a little disappointed now.

i thought stops were going to be in endurance races anyway? that's something that comes to mind when you think endurance... 

i'm a little disappointed now.
When the talk has been about pitstops, nothing had been said else than "no" - yet..
Edit - pitstop only in endurance would be a fine compromis

No for now.

Ok tell me about these 'pitstops'. Maybe you can change my mind.

When will I need a pitstop? 

Would I have to do a mandatory pitstop?

Surely most Grid races will be shortish- maybe 5-10 minutes, if I pit during that time Ill lose the race because everyone else will be half a lap in front.

Why should I pitstop?

Will a pitstop make me a better driver?

Explain please :)

Yes!!! I would like to have a pitstop on endurance races.They have mentioned that in endurance there is tire wear thing, so if u create a long endurance race, they said it goes up to 40min , there must be a pitstop option to change tires or repair cars.On normal races i dont see the need for pitstops.

Next we will have to have burger stops in the street races lol :))

Loggy said:
No for now.

Ok tell me about these 'pitstops'. Maybe you can change my mind.

When will I need a pitstop? 

Would I have to do a mandatory pitstop?

Surely most Grid races will be shortish- maybe 5-10 minutes, if I pit during that time Ill lose the race because everyone else will be half a lap in front.

Why should I pitstop?

Will a pitstop make me a better driver?

Explain please :)

Hi @Loggy.
Let's say you're at a league endourance race with 20 laps.
Your rival is way down on this track, but you are pretty good in front, racing for 3.rd place.
Your tires are getting worn, and you make a little mistake, which unfortunately takes you into the wall.

You car is so damaged, that you'll loose 2-3 sec pr lap.
You really need the points, so you wish you could pit - right now! - to get your car fixed and try to get back to overtake you rival :)

OR you went into pits the lap before this happend, changed your tires, and as the nr. 1 and 2 are getting big trouble with worn out tires, you'll slowly catch them in the last laps and end up as winner!! wuharh..

OR.... everybody pitted, you kept your 3rd place and the right to mock at your rival ;)

OR....... etc etc etc

OO  YES - pitstops would add much more fun to online races

Ok if its there it would be useful i suppose in the longer race scenario. I guess if it adds more immersion then good for the game .

i would rather drive over a repair kit power up loke in gas guzzlers
:-O ..only joking ..not really bothered in grid for pitstops..the races not long enough

It's not what GRID is. GRID is simple, and it's not a sim. Therefore I just don't think it is needed. Flashbacks are there if you have a crash

I think pit stops would be great, but only for endurance races.

Vote no from touring cars 3laps challenge.
But i guess for long races it can be cool.
Anyway its better text chat than pitstops, lol.

i prefer to text chat compare to pitstops , but pitstops should be an option for races over 10 laps about (f1 series style)...

I'm saying no, i appreciate that pit stops would be good in endurance racing but i feel the need for pitstops would take away from the pure racing in a pack and add too many variables.

i know if pitstops were implemented it would end up being across the board in all racing and lead to set ups tyre choices and all that crap and I'm just not into it.

Interesting reading.. also from those who don't want it.
I understand the "need of simplicity" for GRID, and I wasn't suggesting"going to pit" should ment the same as "we want to be able to setup the car like in F1".
Just a simple repair of your car then move on :)

I agree with several - pit would only be great for endourance races.

But yeah, maybe the flashbacks could become handy then...
(I still can't imagine how to use that online)