Sign in to follow this  

Wheel for PS4

I recently sold my G27 since there is no support for it on PS4. I am now thinking of getting the T500 as a replacement. Does anyone have any insights into how the support for this wheel will be for future titles on the system?

I actually would like the T300, which seems to be as close to an official wheel for the PS4, but the pedal set really puts me off!

All insights and speculations is wanted!

dotmartin said:
I recently sold my G27 since there is no support for it on PS4. I am now thinking of getting the T500 as a replacement. Does anyone have any insights into how the support for this wheel will be for future titles on the system?

I actually would like the T300, which seems to be as close to an official wheel for the PS4, but the pedal set really puts me off!

All insights and speculations is wanted!
You could buy the T300 and then buy some better pedals http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t3pa-add. The T500rs is awesome, miles better than the G27 and the pedals are really nice. I also have the TX wheel for Xbox One (which also came with crap pedals) but I use my T500 pedals with it. The T500rs should be compatible with every racing game that the T300 is, as they use the same driver. 

Id say the T500rs pedals are better than the ones you can buy, as they are completely metal, and can be inverted so they're like what you get in a normal car. I have them set like that as it feels more natural to me.

dotmartin said:
Is there a chance there will be a replacement for the T500 with new brushless engines? 
I have no idea, maybe but not for a while considering they've recently released two wheels. My T500 is still as good as the day I bought it. You can't (or I can't) feel the differnce between it and my TX. The ffb is slightly smoother but not as strong as the T500rs (the T300 is the same wheel as the TX but for PS4) Both are better than the G27, so if you could afford to buy extra pedals then the T300 is good.

The only game on PS4 that supports wheels is DriveClub at the moment and that isn't all that great. You could always wait to see if a new T500 comes out while there isn't good racing games on PS4

You could always have kept the G27 and got this http://maxbuy.cc/

Don't know how good it is or when it will be released but apparently this will make the G27 work on PS4

I thought that playsation were letting the game designers decide if a certain wheel can be used with the games they make, whilst it may not be an official recognised wheel for the ps4 if the game allows its use then you should be fine. that's what Logitech say on there website concerning there Ferrari F1 wheel which is not officially recognised by ps4. and that's why I pushed codies to make sure its useable with the 2015 game but no responses.

not saying this is fact im just going with what Logitech say regarding the f1 wheel

I thought that playsation were letting the game designers decide if a certain wheel can be used with the games they make, whilst it may not be an official recognised wheel for the ps4 if the game allows its use then you should be fine. that's what Logitech say on there website concerning there Ferrari F1 wheel which is not officially recognised by ps4. and that's why I pushed codies to make sure its useable with the 2015 game but no responses.

not saying this is fact im just going with what Logitech say regarding the f1 wheel

The G27 is not supported and won't ever work on PS4.

Don't know how good it is or when it will be released but apparently this will make the G27 work on PS4
That just makes it work by emulating a controller, you won't get proper FFB.

Hughesy said:

The G27 is not supported and won't ever work on PS4.
cool man I hope what they say about the f1 wheel is true or i'l be a bit miserable having spent all that money on a ps4 in anticipation for f1 2014 that never came out lol

Hughesy said:

I'd rather that than buy a wheel :L

Hughesy said:

I'd rather that than buy a wheel :L
Really? That's silly having a FFB wheel that doesn't have ffb, plus you wouldn't be able to tweak any wheel settings, and you would have controller input filtering which would make a wheel  feel even worse.... I used a similar thing on Xbox 360 using the G27 and it was absolutely awful, you're better off just using a controller.

Yeah, this pretty much sums up what I have learned so far. 

I'd really like the T300 with the Ferrari wheel, but the pedal set is really up to par with the wheel it seems.

If I buy the T500, will I be able to use it in the future? That's the big question. I think game devs, console makers and peripheral manufacturers should be a bit more open with their intentions at moments like these when nobody knows what the intention is with support for different hardware. 

dotmartin said:
Yeah, this pretty much sums up what I have learned so far. 

I'd really like the T300 with the Ferrari wheel, but the pedal set is really up to par with the wheel it seems.

If I buy the T500, will I be able to use it in the future? That's the big question. I think game devs, console makers and peripheral manufacturers should be a bit more open with their intentions at moments like these when nobody knows what the intention is with support for different hardware. 
If a game supports the T300 it'll support the T500. If you feel worried about it buy the T300 and the separate pedals. I agree though, they should be more open about it. If you want it just for PS4, then I'd wait until there's some good racing games. That will give you more time to decide, if you like GT then I guarantee the T500 will be supported, but that won't come out for a few years yet.

Next title in line would be Project Cars I guess. They have listed both the T300 and the T500. Loads of simracers seems to buy the T500 and then use another pedal set, I'll try to find someone who has done that and then buy their pedals, I think. 

No word from Codies on what will be supported for F1 2015 I guess? 

dotmartin said:
Next title in line would be Project Cars I guess. They have listed both the T300 and the T500. Loads of simracers seems to buy the T500 and then use another pedal set, I'll try to find someone who has done that and then buy their pedals, I think. 

No word from Codies on what will be supported for F1 2015 I guess? 
The T500 pedals are awesome though, or did you mean the T300? The pedals I linked are meant to be pretty good although I haven't tried them myself.

Hughesy said:
The T500 pedals are awesome though, or did you mean the T300? The pedals I linked are meant to be pretty good although I haven't tried them myself.
Yeah, for me they would have been great. I have a couple of friends who are into iRacing and that sort of hard-hardcore stuff and they seem to like Fanatec pedals better. So maybe I can get my hands on a set of un-used pedals from the T500 package, and then buy the T300 to go with them. 

dotmartin said:
Hughesy said:
Yeah, for me they would have been great. I have a couple of friends who are into iRacing and that sort of hard-hardcore stuff and they seem to like Fanatec pedals better. So maybe I can get my hands on a set of un-used pedals from the T500 package, and then buy the T300 to go with them. 
Every product I've owned from Fanatec has broken, so I won't be going near any of their products again...Dealing with Fanatecs customer service was very stressful  :#