Sign in to follow this  

When I get rammed from behind, why do I get a warning?

Boxman90 said:
I'm on Canada, have a good start, brake for the first corner. In comes some moron ramming me what seems full speed in my rear, causing me to spin out of the first corner.
I get a warning on my license, for a collision with this dude.
I turn my car around, rejoin the track
Get 2 penalty points for 'cutting the track'.

Are we actually serious here?
Short answer is coz codies make the game.

Ayyyyyyyy I got another one. Is it flipping hard to code simple basic stuff in? Like...

HOW ABOUT IF YOU COLLIDE WITH SOMEONE THAT'S STATIONARY AND SIDEWAYS ON THE TRACK, YOU DON'T GET PENALIZED?!?

I'm coming through the final chicane on Canada, and there's someone (either clearly spun or on purpose) parked sideways on the racing line. NO way for me to avoid it --> 2 seconds time penalty for colliding with him, and a broken car.

One such incident sets you back about 20% on your license. I did two fully clean races after that and only recovered about 15% of it. There's just no way, no matter how hard I try.

Someone please tell me how I can get a refund on a pre-ordered gamecode.. Steam won't let me since I didn't buy it through them.

FRACTURED said:
...And "eventually it will even its self out" doesn't excuse the fact that the implementation is shocking. 

...And at best, the "it'll even itself out over time" view can only be conditionally true since it depends entirely on the luck of who matchmaking throws you into public lobbies with.

A license system that's meant to help players filter out trouble-makers is fundamentally flawed & self-defeating if it gives trouble-makers the ability to tarnish your license & prevent you from rising out of their lobbies.

The primary problem is that the S and A ranked players are few at the moment while the majority are B/C which brings in D players into the lobby. That's matchmaking with no option to restrict anyone under B to access the lobby and with all of the bugs it's almost impossible to kick the perpetrator.

Hate to bash the online dev department but this is purely amateur work here.

Just had a race with 0 collisions, 0 warnings. Got hit twice by someone for which I did not receive a warning. Still went down 3%. I have video proof of this if need be.

Yep the safety rating system just doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do I regularly get pole clear off and win,make no contact get no corner cut warnings yet either gain nothing or unbelievably lose rating percentage and with that being the case makes extremely difficult to get an A rating,meaning there are so few with A that you only ever end up in lobbies with C and D’s which renders the whole thing pointless.

Raced at Austria in ranked last night, made a good start, tried to stay wide to avoid the inevitable. 

Some guy YOLO's turn one and collects the car to my right, they both collect me, collision pushes us right out to the wall which we all connect with. Luckily I have a friendly tankslapper and can drive free, the other two are stuck. 

I edge away making sure I'm not about to collect anyone when I rejoin... ILLEGAL OVERTAKE "overtook whilst off track". Hand the place back. 

The game actually wants me to drive back to the accident and hand the place back to a guy parked in a wall, probably in the process of quitting. I backed off for the entirety of the timer and nobody passes, COS THEY ARE QUITTING THE RACE. 
5 sec penalty. 

GG

Are you freaking serious. 

FRACTURED said:
Raced at Austria in ranked last night, made a good start, tried to stay wide to avoid the inevitable. 

Some guy YOLO's turn one and collects the car to my right, they both collect me, collision pushes us right out to the wall which we all connect with. Luckily I have a friendly tankslapper and can drive free, the other two are stuck. 

I edge away making sure I'm not about to collect anyone when I rejoin... ILLEGAL OVERTAKE "overtook whilst off track". Hand the place back. 

The game actually wants me to drive back to the accident and hand the place back to a guy parked in a wall, probably in the process of quitting. I backed off for the entirety of the timer and nobody passes, COS THEY ARE QUITTING THE RACE. 
5 sec penalty. 

GG

Are you freaking serious. 
Lol I feared this would be the case unless codies upped their game regarding how penalties are handed out alas I was right and they did not.

Aye man, first day on it too so I've no setups and dont yet know the tracks, no pole and run away for me.

Plus the lurkers don't seem to ghost or get penalized in any way in race anyways.

How hard is it to disqualify a car reversing back and forth over an apex.
How hard would it be to ghost a car that has barely moved in a minute and suddenly remembers how to drive when the leading group start to roll through.