Sign in to follow this  

Tips on how to avoid overheating the tyres?

One thing I have noticed is the camber seems to affect it the most, if the sliders are to the left I think u should less heat and more wear and vice versa

One thing I have noticed is the camber seems to affect it the most, if the sliders are to the left I think u should less heat and more wear and vice versa
Honestly the way the camber and stuff works doesn’t always add up to me...sometimes adding more camber (moving slider left) helps to keep tire temps down (one place is Germany) and other places moving the slider to the left and running less camber helps with tire temps (like monoco and Singapore)...Honestly what I’d really like to know is if the ai run different setups and what they actually are, specifically my teammates setup in career mode since that would be the most realistic as most teams share setups between the cars and to be able to see my teammates data traces to compare myself to so I can see where I’m gaining and where I could improve...especially on Abu Dhabi the chicane after the back straight I’m losing .3-.5 seconds no matter what I try

Some teams definitely use different wing settings, if u refer to the speed traps (more easy to notice at start of career) engines typically clock same speed like Mercedes Ferrari Renault and Honda, from my observations they run with no less than 4 and no more higher than six but a wing is always set to 4. Williams and Mclaren use more wing but Scuderia Ferrari use less. Another key factor especially true in practice sessions is that they defo use different engine/ers settings.
Either on Standard-Low or Rich-High.

One thing that also helps managing tyre heat is lifting off and even coasting a bit around corners....as soon as you hit gas around long winding corners or push hard around slower corners the temperature sky rockets.

Check out this tutorial (in german):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZpXW5EYmiQ&t=984

The guy, who is talking in the video is the owner of my league and is currently within the Top 50 of the world on PS4. He uses this setup in every league race and adjusts only aeros and car height.

There’s an article on RealSport101 all about the tyre wear in the game ... https://realsport101.com/news/sports/racing/f1/f1-2018-game-how-to-reduce-tyre-wear/

Aside from smoother driving it pretty much suggests removing camber and toe as well as reducing the tyre pressures to help the tyre wear. 

They also have articles for suggested setups for each race in the game and also talk you through them in a good amount of detail :)

I don’t know if this has been discussed, but in theory, shouldn’t the tires get harder to warm up as a stint wears on? I notice in real life, as stunts go on, drivers talk about how they can’t keep temperature in the tires (like in Singapore). So it’s quite unrealistic that we struggle with keeping temps down in the game.

They also have articles for suggested setups for each race in the game and also talk you through them in a good amount of detail :)
Thanks for this site. They have really good explanations for the setups.