Sign in to follow this  

Bugs in Codemasters F1 games

Apparently it has been talked about before but I want to rant about it once again. Please tell me what you guys think and please read on if you care about F1 games. The first 5 games were perfectly fine... glitches here and there nothing that Codemasters weren’t able to fix especially for single player. Online was a bit of a mess in F1 2013-2014 because the net code wasn’t great. However most of us could live with that. Then came next gen...where do I even start with F1 2015? The game was atrocious offline and online it was ridiculous...They seemingly fixed it eventually but it was a mess. We could give them the fact that it was their first go on next gen, the game was released early etc as an excuse, okay. F1 2016 was okay offline but online was again pretty terrible and was never fully fixed. Not to mention the infamous Baku racing line bug which screwed up our track acclimitisation program...but you know liveable. F1 2017 pretty much the same story with nothing new online and glitchy more often than not. Now we’re on F1 2018 and it’s the same story. I’ve never seen a game so glitchy since Project Cars. Offline and Online. Why are Codemasters giving us games which are not finished. They don’t have the excuse from 2015 anymore. I bet most of us wouldn’t mind the F1 game released a bit later (even though end of August sounds ridiculous to me considering they’ve had the time since March to develop the bloody game). I’ve bought every F1 game since 2010 and this is the most disappointed I’ve been since. It’s a joke you can’t say it’s in BETA, it’s not.  I’m starting to wonder what the point is of having codes sent out to people as a beta if we’re getting a product like that. We all pay money to play a decent game. Some people will say you’re taking the risk, buying a buggy game, okay that does not give them an excuse. I have serious qualms about how they test their games. I knew since F1 2015 that there would be glitches as they announced patches, but since then they’ve got experience of the new consoles and everything...Why is it so buggy?? With a lot of F1 fans actually not buying them games from the franchise anymore, I can’t blame them, We need to think about what’s acceptable and what’s not...4 years of the same thing isn’t. I bet most of you can’t live with it anymore. Let me know what you guys think but for me we’re wasting our money on unfinished products.

I’m personally very surprised nobody has made a post like this so far...

I'm pretty sure there have been a number of similar threads over multiple years/installments.

...Why are Codemasters giving us games which are not finished... we’re wasting our money on unfinished products.

You just answered your own question:
buying buggy games = funding more buggy games.

Company decision-makers read sales reports, not bug reports.
Money talks louder than requests & complaints.
Game companies are in business to sell games, not to make gamers happy.
Your wallet does the only talking they listen to.

Not down enough it seems. As long as people keep buying games even before they know about the quality just because they cant wait a day or two after release, we will get buggy games like this.