F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

ONLINE BUGS - URGENT FIXES REQUIRED

Q&R 50% distance, Hungary, PS3, No Assists apart from Auto-Gears which no-one used. F1 2014 Performance, Sunny. Field size 8 - pre-season practice race.

Bug 1, Severity LOW - I set up lobby to allow auto-gears and it gave ME auto-gearbox. I have not used or selected auto-gearbox - ever (until now) - it simply overrode my default setting of manual gears. I went out, realised (it took a while LOL) and pitted straight away to fix it.

Bug 2 - Severity MEDIUM - Gave us all fresh tyres for race, Parque Ferme ON.

Bug 3 - Severity HIGH - Pad user went from middle of field to 1st place in about 200 yards and got to first corner before we had even started braking

Bug 4 - Severity HIGH - My wheel froze on start line again (Logitech DFGT). It may be something to do with having keyboard in USB slot 2, I will unplug next race. Another player with G27 had same problem. Massive problem for me as I have squash ball in brake well and it calibrates during my first braking after re-plugging it in so corner 1 lost 3 places avoiding trouble.

Bug 5 - Severity HIGH - No blue flags. Back markers battled it out with the front guys until they realised who it was.

I hate to join the band-wagon of Codies-bashers as I think the game physics (with wheel) is a massive leap ahead - BUT THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

bug 3 sounds like a cheat or maybe he started earlier than the rest it happens a lot to me over past few years. I don't think that can be blamed on a pad unless he uses cheats

you should keep doing these posts though maybe they will act on it if there are so many bugs, good work man

bug 5 is a nightmare in every f1 game I wish they would just ghost the cars if they are getting lapped online

Bug 3 was the pad traction control (PS3, no cheats - plus he is a nice guy).

Musta felt b***y awesome ripping through the field like that though!

You knew CM's history of bodged F1 games and same bugs year on year and you still bought the game..  

I have no sympathy for you, maybe next year you'll remember this and think twice before throwing yet more money at them.

Yet another pointless thread by the same person, ban pads its simple, auto gears bug doesnt exist for me on PC but the tyre bug for the race does but it probably wont be fixed you just have to trust the people you race with

Yet another pointless thread by the same person, ban pads its simple, auto gears bug doesnt exist for me on PC but the tyre bug for the race does but it probably wont be fixed you just have to trust the people you race with
"Ban pads" would mean us kicking guys out of our league who have been members since 2011, not exactly an option plus not-enforceable.

Repeating myself - I'd go along with that.

Reporting "real" faults is "pointless" - maybe I agree too as b***r all ever seems to get done to resolve them.

Coming on here to tell people not to report faults - you don't exactly have a life either do you?

I come on here to laugh at people like you who post this shit, it's funny

All you need to do is tell them to get wheels or you can them or you shut up about it and put up with it

I see that purposely antagonising people is still popular. A shame that society is still at an all time low. I never realised it was so difficult for people to grow up.

Any bugs need fixing. A balance between pad and wheel should be and I imagine is at the top of their agenda. Any sensible and informative feedback like this thread is no doubt helpful in fixing the game. Sure it only requires one thread but it is a pretty major problem so hopefully it'll be the first thing addressed by seeing several threads crop up about it.

seriously though have you seen how many times bobby has said the same thing, everyday I come on here its a new thread saying the same thing over and over, it gets tedious. you only have to tell them once and leave it to them to decide what the next plan of action is. if I was codies i'd leave it just to annoy bobby and please take this as the joke it was intended to be.

and if you want to play the antagonist card check some of his replies to others who disagree with him, lol he really does take this game a bit too serious, its not like you win a million bucks when you win in a virtual league right? remember when gaming was all about having fun with mates?

So "you should keep doing these posts though maybe they will act on it if there are so many bugs, good work man" or "shut up, Bobby? 

Whatever, the "shut up" vibe is probably better advice as I've got my own bug-free software to write. Guess the job's part of reason why I get frustrated when I see it done so sloppily by such a talented bunch of people.

Take care mate and try not to take people who take themselves too seriously quite so seriously :smile: 

yeah I said that the first time you said these things, but then you start posting new threads saying the same thing lol don't mind you making 1 thread and keeping it going but you have to make new threads saying the same things because you are getting so frustrated with codies not answering you, surely if you have been playing since 2010 you should know better by now that codies don't really bother what we say, even if you say it a hundred times. I think you agreed with me 2 days ago, then made another thread. do what you want man

You're starting a flame war about the wrong issues!  Like someone else said, "what happened to games just being about fun?"  ( not a direct quote! )  I'm a programmer as well and I know there isn't a piece of software that has EVER been released without bugs and numerous assortments of little problems that effect everyone differently, depending on their attitudes and why they're using it!  Aren't you simply amazed that in our lifetime we actually have gaming applications like F1 2014 that look and play so amazingly real?  My God man, if you want perfection you'd better freeze yourself for a couple thousand years and hope there's still someone to play with when you thaw out!  I realize that it's the little problems that can cause the most frustration, but once you've made your frustration and the responsible bugs known thru a forum, give it a rest for a while...PLEASE!  I have enough frustrations in my life to make it necessary that I can enjoy a great game like this without having to contend with low level, unimportant in the long run problems like these!  Just think where you'd be and what you might be doing if you didn't have this game to enjoy because someone bitched so much that no one wanted to pay for it anymore and the developers had to give up!  Personally, and even with every little problem this game might have, I'd much rather be enjoying this than sitting in a bar sucking suds and listening to people complain about their jobs and spouses!  Give it a rest man!  It will either get fixed to your ideas of perfection or it won't!  Either way it's still a great game and we would all do a lot better to learn to enjoy it on its own terms!

As for the difficulties everyone seems to have with the XBox crowd and their $400 consoles, you should know as everyone else seems to understand that games have been dumbed down for them since the day they were invented!  And because the cost of seperate development for every platform is prohibitive, one main line of code is written and then "adjusted" as may be needed for all of them to work as well and as consistently as possible.  And like military intelligence, it simply isn't possible at all!  So what they do is code for the greatest common denominator because that's where the majority of their income comes from!  Unfortunately for those of us who are looking for a "better" game, which as we all should know requires a strong PC, we're s___ out of luck!  It can and never will again be like it was when the PC could run the best games available on 4 mb of ram!  It takes teams of highly skilled people from ALL professions to create a game like F1 2014...not like in the past when one good coder could make it his life's work!  It will never be like that again!