Sign in to follow this  

How do i get a decent start?

Against AI i go alright but online i get swamped every time!

Ive tried holding accelerator down, blipping the throttle, holding the accelerator with brakes slightly on then releasing when lights go out

Whats the tip?

Half throttle for the launch so you're not spinning the wheels and then full when you've got traction. I usually short shift to second and third gear. I tend to make places off the start online more often than not by doing that as the vast majority just floor it. Not that it matters as there's usually some nutcase that "forgets" to brake into turn one and makes that all redundant anyway.

Half throttle for the launch so you're not spinning the wheels and then full when you've got traction. I usually short shift to second and third gear. I tend to make places off the start online more often than not by doing that as the vast majority just floor it. Not that it matters as there's usually some nutcase that "forgets" to brake into turn one and makes that all redundant anyway.

Thanks man, not sure if my accelerator on xbox wireless wheel can do half throttle but i'll give it a go tonight

This :) sometimes It goes wrong for me as I have to much or not enough throttle but if you get it right it will give you the best launch. Never just floor it and hope for the best (if using no tc) see lots of ppl doing this on vids then they complain there slow compared with the AI lol!