Sign in to follow this  

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

@CaptainAust
I ask you the favor as you do not have problems with the pad to publish a video as you drive to Monaco or Singapore with any car and you can keep up with the AI without overheating the tires

@Freddus @CaptainAust

But what are you saying I should adjust my difficulty level because I CAN NOT cool my tires in this circuit.
In any case, even if I lower the level of difficulty the situation does not change my tires become the same too hot
the only difference is that the AI is slower so I even lowering my pace with the overheated tires I can stay at their pace.
But this is not good for me because it is not my inability but it is a real problem
I'm not saying it's a bug, but it's no coincidence that almost all pad users complain about this, especially on the same circuits

sorry for my english I do my best
You can do whatever you want. You can leave your AI as is and accept not being competitive at every race track; you can bring it down and be more competitive generally; you can only bring it down on the tracks where you have problems; you can buy a wheel and pedals; or you can go back to F1 2017. 

And yes, tyre overheating is a problem, if it weren't there would be no point in simulating it. Think about it; what would he the point of having heat simulation if the tyres never overheat and never affect your pace. It would be like having tyre wear but the tyres never really wearing out and allowimg you to drive flat out from start to finish. 

I thought only keyboard users like me would suffer from problems like this. Cause keyboard could only wind the steel lock on and off which would kill the carcass temperature almost no matter what speed is taken into the corner (I experimented with it, if I do take much less speed into the corners, I still get the same carcass overheating, speed is slower in the first few laps with the rest laps pretty much being the same.) So the only thing keyboard users driving wise could do is continue to lean on the tyres and deal with the loss of low speed grip with the carcass overheating (setup changes like lower tyre pressure/toe in/camber etc does help a little bit, but these changes still mostly affect surface temperature though which is not much of an issue) . But it turns out that plenty of pad users have the same problem lol. Yeah, I guess not everyone could control the trigger that smoothly as AOR pad drivers. This years' game does favour towards wheel users and extremely smooth pad users significantly in terms of the race pace. Other people just have to accept that your race pace is much worse then your tt/qualifying pace (especially compared to the A.I) 

@Freddus

I'm not saying that there should not be overheating tires
I'm saying that we also use a pad to want a way to play without having FORCE this overheating as in tracks like Monaco and Singapore is almost impossible
I do not think I say something so strange.
Or Codemasters admits to having made a game that favors users who have a steering wheel is also good for me as long as they put in the driving aid the possibility to disable the overheating of the tires
Because what I want to do to make everyone understand that regardless of the difficulty circuits like Monaco and Singapore are almost all unworkable for users pads especially for those who make the race at 100%

@Freddus

I'm saying that we also use a pad to want a way to play without having FORCE this overheating as in tracks like Monaco and Singapore is almost impossible
Or Codemasters admits to having made a game that favors users who have a steering wheel is also good for me as long as they put in the driving aid the possibility to disable the overheating of the tires
Because what I want to do to make everyone understand that regardless of the difficulty circuits like Monaco and Singapore are almost all unworkable for users pads especially for those who make the race at 100%
You are actually saying something very strange. Here is what you are saying: "I don't want an option to adjust the AI; I want an option to adjust the tyre heating model."

Im absolutely perplexed as to why you won't drop the AI. There is a slider for that for a reason. 

And no, the game doesn't favour wheel users. If you overdrive the car you will overheat the tyres, even on a wheel. 

@Freddus

certainly I do not want IA to be less strong since I can keep up with them without the excessive overheating that is in this game.
yes this game benefits users with the steering wheel because I tried to play with the steering wheel at friends' house and I have no problems of overheating in any track this is due to the fact that with the steering wheel can better calibrate the steering while with the pad no.
I do not say it's a bug I just say it's a new game physics poorly implemented for those who use the pad so seeing that you can not make everyone happy you have to give the opportunity to enjoy the game to everyone then how the help of the control of traction will have to add the help of tire overheating.
I know a lot of people playing at 110 but with the help of traction control over medium
So I do not see the difference with what I ask.

@Freddus

certainly I do not want IA to be less strong since I can keep up with them without the excessive overheating that is in this game.
yes this game benefits users with the steering wheel because I tried to play with the steering wheel at friends' house and I have no problems of overheating in any track this is due to the fact that with the steering wheel can better calibrate the steering while with the pad no.
I do not say it's a bug I just say it's a new game physics poorly implemented for those who use the pad so seeing that you can not make everyone happy you have to give the opportunity to enjoy the game to everyone then how the help of the control of traction will have to add the help of tire overheating.
I know a lot of people playing at 110 but with the help of traction control over medium
So I do not see the difference with what I ask.
I'm sorry, but you've completely lost me. 

@Freddus
Because when the tire overheats, the driving experience becomes horrible
It costs me nothing in two tracks to lower the difficulty but in addition to the difficulty it also lowers the fun because you are always there to make war with the macchian in every corner for a problem that does not depend on you

@Freddus
Because when the tire overheats, the driving experience becomes horrible
It costs me nothing in two tracks to lower the difficulty but in addition to the difficulty it also lowers the fun because you are always there to make war with the macchian in every corner for a problem that does not depend on you
So don't overheat the tyres. Drop the AI and drive a bit more slowly. In real life when a driver overheats the tyres the experience becomes horrible too, and it lowers the fun. 

You need to accept that this tyre heating feature is something that a large number of players have been asking to be included for years, and now we have and it works very well, albeit the overheating and loss of grip are a little on the forgiving side compared to real life. 

@Freddus
yes this is much more simulative but you have to make the game playable for everyone and I will repeat it to infinity
for monaco pad and Singapore users are unplayable.
So you have to put help that makes the game playable even for pad users

Cool, me too, if you arent doing it already get a PS4pro controller and plug it in then race,  no input lag that way. 2nd,, it actually all depends on you, thats why every race driver goes back and studies their own data and their team mates data, to know where they can improve. Look at the corners ur overheating the most and adjust those ones,lower the tyre pressure  move the ballast. The tracks you talk about are not unplayable at all on pad, you just have to adjust driving and setup. Like @Freddus said just lower your difficulty for the tracks that dont suit the way you drive or get better. There are options at your disposal that you chose not to use. Things are sometimes hard in this world  dont expect the world to change for you. Adapt or get left behind

reading this thread i just scratch my head over the fact that the community for YEARS demanded more sensible tyre temps like in real life and the same poeple are now complaining that the tyre temps are too sensitive, i mean its worse then the call of duty community.

Also this thread is going into the absolutely wrong direction, even on a wheel on some tracks its tough to keep the tyres cool, but instead of demanding codemasters to simplyfy the tyre model we should do the opposite, demand more realism bc that is actually the most accessible thing, as using real life techniques is the most logic step for newer players. 

Also the critisizm that codemasters should get isnt for the tyre temps bc they are great and the pad handling is on this game the best since F1 2015 but still codies should further try the inputs as equal as possible, however the more sophisticated the physics become, the more difficult is it to manage for codies to make it equal, so bear with them, they have done a good job with it. 

Also i think if the AI would be more affected by tyre temps and had to manage them in the same way the player does i think a lot of the issues that this thread rises would disappear so instead of simplyfying your game maybe work a bit on the AI to make the more manage the tyre temps @Faya

Thats been my argument in a few other threads too,   like right after a safety car when the ai take off like they have race heated tyres,  ppl are confusing the issue  

I have already adapted my driving style because I had problems also in circuits like Barcelona, Japan, Brazil and others but just changing the driving style I managed to improve just because I do not wait for the world to change for me.
But in Singapore and Monaco, nothing changes even with the set-up

Freddus said:
@Freddus

You are actually saying something very strange. Here is what you are saying: "I don't want an option to adjust the AI; I want an option to adjust the tyre heating model."

Im absolutely perplexed as to why you won't drop the AI. There is a slider for that for a reason. 

And no, the game doesn't favour wheel users. If you overdrive the car you will overheat the tyres, even on a wheel. 
Ok here's the thing.

AI Pace is about 1:21 at Monaco on 0 with overheating fronts I do about 1:19s so it's 'doable'
AI pace is about 1:13-1:14 on legend on 95

That separates those 2 levels by about 6-7 seconds. I'm not keen on doing the math here but to get the AI to my overheat pace I'd have to drop the AI pace about 2 seconds from 0. Maybe somewhere in 20-30 difficulty.

It should be obvious by now that this is not a reasonable solution you are presenting. You are telling a player who is about 95 skill on most tracks to drop down that far to have a 'competitive' race but there are many factors that make the whole concept ridiculous one of which is that the race is going to play out in a very unrealistic way and overheating tyres create other problems like massive under steer which can lead to hitting walls which leads to chipped wings which leads to unplanned pit stops which adds an unpredictable degree of difficulty.

So really you might think your suggestion sounds reasonable, but it's going to be a combination of unenjoyable and unrealistic... neither of which controller users who are otherwise skilled at the game really want.

I have already adapted my driving style because I had problems also in circuits like Barcelona, Japan, Brazil and others but just changing the driving style I managed to improve just because I do not wait for the world to change for me.
But in Singapore and Monaco, nothing changes even with the set-up
Maybe the AI is just a little too quick at those two tracks. You do realise that there is nothing stopping you from dropping the AI a little. 

Guys okay so I tried to explain that it was enough to add more help to make everyone happy more because we are talking about a game that most people play with the pad.
So I surrender in much the same way I think others think otherwise that's okay.
I hope that Codemasters take the right choice is in case they do not add this help will mean that certainly many to fully enjoy this game will be forced to buy a steering wheel

Zachrulez said:
Freddus said:
@Freddus

Ok here's the thing.

AI Pace is about 1:21 at Monaco on 0 with overheating fronts I do about 1:19s so it's 'doable'

That separates those 2 levels by about 6-7 seconds. I'm not keen on doing the math here but to get the AI to my overheat pace I'd have to drop the AI pace about 2 seconds from 0. Maybe somewhere in 20-30 difficulty.

It should be obvious by now that this is not a reasonable solution you are presenting. You are telling a player who is about 95 skill on most tracks to drop down that far to have a 'competitive' race but there are many factors that make the whole concept ridiculous one of which is that the race is going to play out in a very unrealistic way and overheating tyres create other problems like massive under steer which can lead to hitting walls which leads to chipped wings which leads to unplanned pit stops which adds an unpredictable degree of difficulty.

So really you might think your suggestion sounds reasonable, but it's going to be a combination of unenjoyable and unrealistic... neither of which controller users who are otherwise skilled at the game really want.
Is the tyre heating unrealistic in this game at Monaco compared to real life? If not than maybe the AI is unrealistic. There is a reason why the AI comes with a difficulty slider. 

Clearly if the AI are doing 1:13s then that's unrealistic given that this year the fastest lap at Monaco was a mid 1:14. 

If if you drop the AI to more realistic levels you won't overheat the tyres.

Freddus said:
Is the tyre heating unrealistic in this game at Monaco compared to real life? If not than maybe the AI is unrealistic. There is a reason why the AI comes with a difficulty slider. 
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the tyre heating at Monaco gets nowhere near overheating IRL. So it's definitely an issue with the temperature system vs controller.

I also struggle at Singapore but I can at least understand why temperature is a problem there. I don't understand why Monaco is so unbalanced on controller.

Zachrulez said:
Freddus said:
@Freddus

Ok here's the thing.

Youre assuming that the ai suffer from tyre wear which i dont think they do really, i normally play at 94 - 96% difficultly on all tracks with a wheel and have no problems turning 1:12s with a wheel or the pad. People want a more realistic simulation game, so codemasters add more realistic game play, people refuse to adapt and then complain. Yes, the game rewards wheel players, but not because there is a problem in the games tyre modelling but because uding a wheel results in smoother driving. Lets not forget that the cheapest supported wheel is prob only a small cost over buying a new controller (which we've all done) yet offers 4 times the driving experience. If you refuse (or cant for some reason) buy a wheel then dont complain about the coding of a driving game, and if you must, why dont you campain for codemasters to have a 2017/2018 tyre model setting that way you could choose the 2017 non carcass temp tyre and play happy. Otherwise   again,  adapt or be left behind