Sign in to follow this  

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Dez0808 said:
Pad here and don't have any issues. Are you breaking too late into corners? 
I'm guessing you haven't gotten to Monaco yet.

Zachrulez said:
Dez0808 said:
Me either, and yes I've done a full season, XB1 I use elite controller, the right and left thumbsticks are heavier and thus allows for the controls in corners to be more smooth feeling, you can also adjust the input type itself with the elite. On PS4 I use Kontrol Freeks, the added height and grip make for a much smoother experience on a pad. Kontrol Freeks would also work on XB1 if an elite controller isn't an option for you.

Inner tire temp can also be effected bij camber setup i thought, did you change that? Try to use one of the 5 standard car setups and see if you still have this problem. 

Zachrulez said:
Dez0808 said:
Me either, and yes I've done a full season, XB1 I use elite controller, the right and left thumbsticks are heavier and thus allows for the controls in corners to be more smooth feeling, you can also adjust the input type itself with the elite. On PS4 I use Kontrol Freeks, the added height and grip make for a much smoother experience on a pad. Kontrol Freeks would also work on XB1 if an elite controller isn't an option for you.
That works if you're actually using the analog sticks to steer on a pad. I learned racing games on the d-pad and never got to grips with steering on sticks.

Unfortunately I'd say you are doomed if you are using d-pad for steering. There is at least some hope with the analog stick. D-pad is effectively on-off like a keyboard. You can't really expect to keep your tyres in a good condition with an on-off steering.

The funny thing is Monaco is the only track I've had trouble keeping the temps down and that's the track where they shouldn't really be getting any temperature.

Monaco has always been a problem in Codemasters F1. I remember every year hearing the commentators say that tyre wear is minimal there, remember Vettel in 2011. In the games however it's always had massive tyre wear. I don't understand how they can get it so completely wrong so consistently every single year. Maybe it's some big problem in the physics engine.

Zachrulez said:
Zachrulez said:
Dez0808 said:
That works if you're actually using the analog sticks to steer on a pad. I learned racing games on the d-pad and never got to grips with steering on sticks.
How in the holy hell do you do that on the d-pad! I doff my cap to you sir I can’t even imagine steering with that.

This is horrendous for me on some tracks. Granted I'm one day in and need to work it out with setups, but even middling camber and tow I had issues with crazy values for front tyre carcass, 119 degrees and at that point, I was 8 seconds off delta just to lose two or three degrees off per lap. And even when it gets respectable again, on pad I can't get back to a respectable pace without frying the tyre again lol. 

China btw

In Singapore at the moment and even on the straights I seem to increase the temperature that by 4 laps I'm at 110 Celsius and the car is impossible to drive. 

Really think they have put too much emphasis on the tyres this year, I do 50% race distance and the starting set of tyres only last 3-4 laps, so 100% is lap 6-8, when do we ever see that in real life f1 ?? Seems far too much like 2011 levels of tyre wear 

Monaco is a nightmare for me. In free practice the inner temperatures of the front tyres reached 109 D Celsius after doing only 4 laps and the car handled like a boat. At first I thought it was due to the poor aero of the Sauber but after I looked at the MFD I realised it was the carcass temp. After playing with the setup I managed to make them last 10 laps before overheating again. I hope the tyres last for 60+ laps otherwise I will most likely find my self in the wall. 

Agree with all comments here. Ive been doing a 100% distance championship and have made it to USA. More than half the tracks I just end up with horrendous understeer a few laps in to any stint and start to lose multiple seconds per lap. Tracks like Spain, Monaco, France, Hungary and Japan were just pitiful experiences for me, as no matter my setup I just ended up understeering everywhere and couldnt cool down the tyres. Wouldnt be a problem if the AI had the same problem, but they just disappear down the road after a few laps.
I appreciate the effort in trying to make it more realistic, but it seems this is a common problem for a lot of people, and it is just a bit too much. I do use a pad, so likely that doesnt help as well.
The only different experience was in Singapore where it was wet and I couldnt get temperature into my tyres at all so was sliding all over the place and ended up seconds off the pace per lap.
Whether codemasters need to look into this, or if there is any help with setup or something im not understanding, I dont know. But id sure like some help as its ruining the fun factor of simply driving the cars.
Ive tried smoother steering and braking, rear bias, standard setups, edited setups, lower tyre pressures, softer front suspension.. I just end up cranking the front wing to stand a chance, and that kills me on the straight anyway.
Tyre temp doesnt seem to cool on the straights either.

FRACTURED said:
This is horrendous for me on some tracks. Granted I'm one day in and need to work it out with setups, but even middling camber and tow I had issues with crazy values for front tyre carcass, 119 degrees and at that point, I was 8 seconds off delta just to lose two or three degrees off per lap. And even when it gets respectable again, on pad I can't get back to a respectable pace without frying the tyre again lol. 

China btw
Didn't have much issue with China. It has a really long straight and another pretty decent straight. More than enough track to help cool the tyres. I've found Spain to be a bit of an interesting struggle though. Not sure how I'm going to manage Monaco. More than likely just going to need to try to deal with having overheated tyres.

Monaco for sure needs some kind of adjustment in a patch for controllers. Singapore probably too. (Failing that simply the ability to easily turn the feature on an off. It's mostly good but at some tracks it's just untenable on a controller.) Tracks that are more corners than straights are going to be a problem for most people on controller.

Oh phew I thought it was just my poor driving.

For me it’s completely ruined the first season of my career...I’ve tried all sorts of different setup routes and driving styles to try and compensate but no matter what I do the tires overheat.  Some tracks have been ok - Mexico was “alright” but my races at Monaco, Singapore, Japan, Brazil and others were just ruined by it.

Hopefully something can be tweaked to help this because it’s taking the fun out of the game for me at the moment.

This will be terrible for pad users in league races. There's literally nothing pad users can do to mitigate the higher tyre wear and way higher tyre temperatures compared to the wheel users.

Personally haven't had any problem with tyre wear with the pad. I haven't had any overheating on my tyres and I play on 105% Can we be sure that your driving style isn't affecting it? I worry that certain players are doing it wrong and they want Codemasters to change something that isn't a problem and could end up breaking the game for other people.

I can race 110 AI 'doing it wrong'  :|

Seems to be a few specific tracks. China was a bit better after some setup work. Spain was about the same in an online lobby but again, no setup. 

Does race length affect this? 

Feeling better and better about the fact that I didn't buy this game on release day.                       

Dunky1980
the problem is not the driving style
there is really an excessive overheating of the tires
you said that you play 105
do not you tell me that in Barcelona you did not have any problems?
because if you did not have one please send us a video of three or four laps while you drive to Barcelona in free trial with a full tank of fuel

sorry to spoil your party here, but if you have issues with tyres everheating then work on the setups and manage your driving style, the only race where is had issues so far was spain and there i just adjusted my strategy and i was fine.

Alex1994128
can I ask you a couple of questions ??
at what level do you play?
do you play with the steering wheel or with the pad?
Last question
How did you solve your problems with tires in Spain?

sorry to spoil your party here, but if you have issues with tyres everheating then work on the setups and manage your driving style, the only race where is had issues so far was spain and there i just adjusted my strategy and i was fine.
Are you a pad or wheel user?

I'm having the same issues on pad. Monaco was a nightmare. I have just finished Singapore and again horrible tyre temps. Apart from them two i have been able to deal with the tyres reasonably ok. Still 6 more races to go. Just hope i can keep the tyres under control :#