Sign in to follow this  

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

One thing this game does well for wheel users, is enables you to feel when you’ve gone past the maximum slip angle of the car, ie the point when aerodynamic grip has washed off and you are now relying solely on mechanical grip, namely the tyres.

i find that in certain corners if I am too agressive on turn in, I’ll bleed of the downforce and cook the tyres as a result, I think pad users just don’t have this feedback available to them and are probably over stressing the tyres without realising.

It feels more realistic, however in Monaco its impossible to keep a good pace after a few laps, front tyres overheat way too much, I hope they fix that soon!

Are you using a pad by any chance?

There is an issue ongoing where some pad users tires overheat too quickly. Try switching to a wheel if you are using a pad.

Ryne said:
Try switching to a wheel if you are using a pad.
I like your optimism of everyone having the option to drop €350 for a wheel just to use it in racing games (Where pad is universal for a lot of games).

MatrimC said:
Ryne said:
Try switching to a wheel if you are using a pad.
I like your optimism of everyone having the option to drop €350 for a wheel just to use it in racing games (Where pad is universal for a lot of games).
I know, that remark was tongue in cheek because codemasters cater to wheel guys lol.

in my opinion there is clearly overheating of the tires especially for those who use the pad
Codemasters should do something because not everyone has the opportunity to buy a steering wheel and circuits as a monk this year because of overheating are impossible to do especially if you play with the races at 100%
eh level 110 without aid
Sorry for my english

I'm having same issue certain tracks are just undriveable.
I'm 100% sure that Codemasters won't change game physiques just to accommodate certain type of players.
I'm afraid it's gonna be up to modding community for this one.

blejky said:
I'm 100% sure that Codemasters won't change game physiques just to accommodate certain type of players.
They just did with 1.05 patch changing TC for huge group of players, only to accommodate "feedback" from players driving without TC.  It literally changes the game physiques and all those people need to relearn how to drive now.

I have the same problem
it happens that the internal temperature of the rubber overheats too much this leads to no longer able to do the times you did before I think it's a bug at least I hope because in 2017 I could push to the maximum without problems now after 5 6 laps the car does not it's more like
It is.

There are people saying that you're killing your tyres. But this is not the truth. If i got 15-17% tyre usage it will become slippery. 
That is NOT normal. And even if i drive the first half of my stint quick and save in the second half of my stint the tyres the AI will not care.
The AI just drives at the same pace over the complete stint and hits every curb. 

Something is wrong here. Or is this made only for wheel users? Am i getting forced to buy a wheel now?

Played on PS4 Pro

MatrimC said:
They just did with 1.05 patch changing TC for huge group of players, only to accommodate "feedback" from players driving without TC.  It literally changes the game physiques and all those people need to relearn how to drive now.

All that they did is 
Re-balanced Medium Traction Control Settings it has nothing to do with tyre temp issue.
Nothing has bean 
fixed for people with temp issues.

the only thing we can do with users who play with the pad is to point out every day on this forum to Codemasters that there is a problem creating every day discussions of this type because we have paid this game and we must have the same opportunities as those he has a steering wheel
because not everyone can spend 300 euros for a steering wheel

Well I can't play the game anymore so I might as well keep making new topics here with the time I'm not driving anymore.

MatrimC said:
Well I can't play the game anymore so I might as well keep making new topics here with the time I'm not driving anymore.

Why not just lower the AI difficulty and use full TC?

or, maybe you know learn how to drive either with the new medium TC or none at all?

Because I spent 250+ something hours on 2017 and almost 50 hours on 2018 to learn how to drive how I drive. You expect me to use another 300 hours to relearn how to drive to get where I am right now?

MatrimC said:
Because I spent 250+ something hours on 2017 and almost 50 hours on 2018 to learn how to drive how I drive. You expect me to use another 300 hours to relearn how to drive to get where I am right now?

Yes, I do.

I highly doubt it would take you 300+ hours to get used to little more wheel spin, but whatever.

MartyHD said:
What i really hate (and it kinda destroys the Gameplay for me a bit too) are the tyres in F1 2018.
As soon as they get a Low Tyre Wear of 15-20 % the car is slipping all over the place. It's almost as if i drive on Ice. It's very bad.

This was all good an worked 100 % correct in F1 2017.  Why take something that worked perfectly fine and make it worst in the new Game? I don't get it. 
This is nothing like in real life.

Played on PS4 Pro.
are you using a pad? that could be why. I notice not much difference in tyre wear to 2017, ran a 1 stop at bahrain on f1 2018 with 75% tyre wear the lap before I pitted and the car wasn't even handling very bad with all that wear hahah (im on a wheel though btw)

I have a season going to get a feel for all the tracks and the temps really went out of control at Singapore and U.S. as well.

Do the suspension and rollbar settings actually affect the temps at all? I haven't really tested going all the way down on suspension or anything like that. I do think the temps could be adjusted so that it's at least possible for pad users to manage the temperature with lower tyre pressures or whatever. It helps,. but it doesn't feel like it helps nearly enough.

Almost mid way through my first season and although I’ve found some tracks more challenging than others in terms of keeping up with the pace in the Williams I did end up having to skip Monaco sadly :/  I would manage 2-3 average laps but as soon as the tyre temps got too high I was be bouncing off the walls at almost every corner. 

Where I play mostly using a pad with no assists I don’t know what it is but on this years and last years game I’ve really struggled with Monaco and particularly the hairpin, even though I was never amazing at it previously I used to be able to get around and complete the race weekend there without much hassle on F1 2015 and 2016.

Even though the steering is a lot more responsive on this years game I still really struggle on tracks like Monaco and Singapore with the pad. Maybe I just need a lot more practice...

(Pad user) I've had to monitor it at a few tracks. Normally if I'm going all out sprint it might get to yellow. It's easy enough to go half a second slower or so to keep/bring back to green for the race. I'm up to Hungary in Career Mode and I've never had a real problem with exception of Monaco. I had to be 5+ seconds off the pace for it to be yellow-green. I ended up quitting the race half way. Because it was either be slow or try to be fast and be just as slow anyways due to time carcus temp. Every where else so far it seems to be working as intended. . 

You have to change your setting if you have overheating tyre temperature, and managed your drive.  Do you think that F1 pilot are on attack all the race ??

Tyre management and setting are à big skill of F1 pilot. 

And its normal to suffer on différent track in carreer mode, dépend of the chassis and the downforce skills of your car. People want codies changé à good aspect of the game because they dont achieve to find the right setting for the right track.

codemasters still haven't noted this as an issue because they have pandered to the esports comunity and screwed the pad market