Sign in to follow this  

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

PR3D4TOR said:
If you are on PC, i can recommend this as a more intensive mod (not only changes tyre temps!)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2018-improvement-mod.23474/

or this if you only want tyre temps "fixed" or not an issue mostly:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tyre-temp-mod.23124/
Oh thanks

I do feel sorry for CM though atm. They can't just make it heat slower as then the wheel users lose out. They have to make something that works for both.

haitch40 said:
PR3D4TOR said:
If you are on PC, i can recommend this as a more intensive mod (not only changes tyre temps!)

Oh thanks

I do feel sorry for CM though atm. They can't just make it heat slower as then the wheel users lose out. They have to make something that works for both.
How did the modders pull it off?

I think working hard.
Lee Mather is very proud on how many hours he spends on horizon.... No not a joke see his Twitter account.

Nastra100 said:
haitch40 said:
PR3D4TOR said:

Oh thanks

By making it heat slower, download the mod and play on a wheel, I bet the tyres are stone cold.

I think working hard.
Lee Mather is very proud on how many hours he spends on horizon.... No not a joke see his Twitter account.

You do realise that is his personal Twitter right? If you posted about games and not your job on yours would people get angry? No.

haitch40 said:
Nastra100 said:
haitch40 said:
PR3D4TOR said:

Oh thanks

By making it heat slower, download the mod and play on a wheel, I bet the tyres are stone cold.

I think working hard.

You do realise that is his personal Twitter right? If you posted about games and not your job on yours would people get angry? No.
Personal? How much he reacts on bugs or problems with F1 2018? And saying we are fixing the bugs with the tyre wear(23 September) still nothing but then posting about Horizon? It is great that Lee is a gamer! But then he also can understand that his actions for playing for fun instead of working for fixing the game can backfire?
He is the lead designer! He knows about the bugs so fix them instead of posting about another game?

Fix the bugs and nobody complaints anymore.

@haitch40 don't think I don't respect the crew from this game! Because i do. Only it takes so much time for adding a option to switch the inner temp off.

It ain't about the bugs but not fixing then. I do hope for everybody that it will happen soon.

The communication to the players are a bit lacking so we have to check a personal twitter account for information.
And yes next year I buy the game with the release again.

Ps the sound is great in this game!

@haitch40 don't think I don't respect the crew from this game! Because i do. Only it takes so much time for adding a option to switch the inner temp off.

It ain't about the bugs but not fixing then. I do hope for everybody that it will happen soon.

The communication to the players are a bit lacking so we have to check a personal twitter account for information.

I am as critical of Codies as most but the point raised is right. It is his personal twitter and just because he has chosen to use it to answer work questions does not make it the official Codies announcement board. He is allowed to have a life when he is not working, he could be on annual leave, he might have done his bit and waiting on other teams etc. It is almost like some feel that because the game has bugs, the Codies staff should be locked away tinkering on F1 2018 all hours of the day till resolved :)

Hopefully they are just spending time getting it right, whatever it is they are doing. I think most agree that the majority of the time its a great new feature. 

With F1 Beta testing Champions testing the game before realise, how is the game so broken?, cause they was more interested in YouTube view counts, hey look at me i got the game early,

only thing Codemasters are to blame for is listening to the beta "testers" & the majority of feedback on this forum based on a game that was already broken by beta "testers".

AScott said:
With F1 Beta testing Champions testing the game before realise, how is the game so broken?, cause they was more interested in YouTube view counts, hey look at me i got the game early,

only thing Codemasters are to blame for is listening to the beta "testers" & the majority of feedback on this forum based on a game that was already broken by beta "testers".
You have no idea so stop making assumptions 

AScott said:

You have no idea so stop making addimptions
No idea what a addimptions is, but am nice person so ill help you out, above is whats called a opinion, sometimes opinion's mybe differ from others, but that doesnt make it right, or make it wrong either, but public forum's is the place to have one, if you dont like it simply add the user to your ignore list,

you have no idea on tyre management so stop racing.

The temperatures especially in Monaco and Singapore are impossible to keep with a pad at least unless you drive 3 seconds slower. It gets undrivable at some point but with the wheel it is way easier to handle temperatures. This needs to be fixed.

Nastra100 said:

I am as critical of Codies as most but the point raised is right. It is his personal twitter and just because he has chosen to use it to answer work questions does not make it the official Codies announcement board. He is allowed to have a life when he is not working, he could be on annual leave, he might have done his bit and waiting on other teams etc. It is almost like some feel that because the game has bugs, the Codies staff should be locked away tinkering on F1 2018 all hours of the day till resolved :)
On his personal twitter he promised and saying we will fix this. But it ain't. Then other games posting but no fix. Lead designer have to show the correct way. It is not happening for now.

The game is so nice to see but the few bug make t game not really playable.

When is there coming a refund option?
70 euro but for now it ain't worth that price.

AScott said:
AScott said:

You have no idea so stop making addimptions
No idea what a addimptions is, but am nice person so ill help you out, above is whats called a opinion, sometimes opinion's mybe differ from others, but that doesnt make it right, or make it wrong either, but public forum's is the place to have one, if you dont like it simply add the user to your ignore list,

you have no idea on tyre management so stop racing.
Well you made an assumption about the beta players. I assume you weren’t a beta tester to know what was tested and how?

Stop racing? What an insult I’ll just delete it off my Xbox. 

If you take time to read this thread I’ve actually provided videos and was given advise how to ease the problem and you know what it worked. Where’s your videos for people to help you? 

Thanks for your “opinion“ I loved my 5th in Monaco one my best ever races. 

Nastra100 said:
haitch40 said:
PR3D4TOR said:

Oh thanks

Same way they usually do, by doing something a bit hacky that suits their needs and nobody else's.

PR3D4TOR said:

Wow even with this mod I had temp issues in singapore lol. I know I can switch it off but that just means I don't have to bother about keeping my tyres warm in SC or on formation lap.

AScott said:

You’re talking out of your uninformed Jacksy pal,firstly the tracks we had in the beta there were no tyre temp issues so we had no way to know this was going to be a thing,secondly most of the bugs in this game were found in the beta and logged,yet when the game released they were still present and continue to be so,so how is that anybody that tested the game’s fault??thats on codies all the beta testers can do is bring the bugs to codies attention they can’t fix them!!

AScott said:

You’re talking out of your uninformed Jacksy pal,firstly the tracks we had in the beta there were no tyre temp issues so we had no way to know this was going to be a thing,secondly most of the bugs in this game were found in the beta and logged,yet when the game released they were still present and continue to be so,so how is that anybody that tested the game’s fault??thats on codies all the beta testers can do is bring the bugs to codies attention they can’t fix them!!
This in my opinion shows that Codemasters are releasing a game they know is flawed and that they do not have the manpower or finances to release F1 games annually.

Liebe Community. Die Reifen sind nicht das Problem. Ihr seid es. Vergesst alle dinge, die ihr in sachen Setup glaubt zu wissen. Dieses F1 2018 ist komplett anders. Alles Setup aus dem Internet könnt ihr vergessen. Ihr müsst lernen sanfter zu fahren. Setup präzise erstellen. Fahrwerk, Spur, Sturz und einiges mehr, haben nun Einfluss auf Ihre Reifentemperaturen. Ich befinde mich nun in meiner 3. Saison. 25% Rennen online. Auf jeder Strecke habe ich kern von 97 bis 100 grad. Passt alles bestens. Ich fahre seit 9 Jahren F1 mit Wheel. Ein besseres F1 als 2018 hat es noch nie gegeben. Sollte euch dieses F1 zu schwer sein, seid ihr es nicht würdig. Schmeisst es bitte weg und lasst es. 

@Techstyler81 try that with a pad not a wheel. Have fun
Ein Kollege von mir, fährt mit mir ebenfalls seit 9 Jahren. Er hatte am Anfang das selbe Problem. Nun hat er seine art zu fahren, geändert. Auch bei ihm passt es mit pad. Sogar mit den Standard Setups. 

I never had an issue while using a pad (xb1). But I just recently acquired the Thrustmaster 458 Spider wheel and my front tyres are overheating and degrading like crazy!

I understand that I need to get used to the wheel etc, but it should be easier, like I said, never had this problem before and I was faster on a pad (AI 80) vs what I am on the wheel (AI 65).

I tried messing with the setups, camber and toe, a softer suspension, lower preassure... it helps but just a bit, and the problem seems to affect me more on career mode (Sauber).