Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I have passed this thread and the other thread about tyre temps back to the team for further review. If you could also let me know the following, that would be great. Thanks!

Which tracks are most problematic for you?
Is it a specific tyre compound?
Are you using a controller or a wheel?
Which Traction Control setting are you on?
Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
And what length are the races? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faya said:
Hi all,

I have passed this thread and the other thread about tyre temps back to the team for further review. If you could also let me know the following, that would be great. Thanks!

Which tracks are most problematic for you?
Is it a specific tyre compound?
Are you using a controller or a wheel?
Which Traction Control setting are you on?
Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
And what length are the races? 
@Faya

Would it be possible to do a feedback form for this? I personally wouldn’t want big changes made to the fundamental gameplay without first being 100% sure if a change is necessary and it its something that only affects certain things like pad players or wheel players plus if they use any assists. Just to be safe. 

Me personally ive not had any issues with tyres apart from Monaco and Singapore on a pad with no assists, but they do overheat on those tracks understandably, ...but I guess it could also be down to me just not being very strong at those particular tracks :)

Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am using wheel and no TC. I havent experienced any problem about tyre temp...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know.
I‘m using a pad on medium TC on PS4 Pro with Setups cause without setups it would be even worse.

I got at like 99.9 % of the race the trye window open. There isn‘t like anything like stints. If i save my tyres at the beginning of an stint i still got nothing at the end. As soon as the tyres hit like 17-20 % usage it‘s almost like you‘re driving on ice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faya said:
Hi all,

I have passed this thread and the other thread about tyre temps back to the team for further review. If you could also let me know the following, that would be great. Thanks!

Which tracks are most problematic for you?
Is it a specific tyre compound?
Are you using a controller or a wheel?
Which Traction Control setting are you on?
Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
And what length are the races? 
I just hope dumbing down the improved tyre temperature physics isn't an intended strategy to compensate for this Codies, as they're without a doubt one of the biggest improvements over 2017. To me it's kinda clear the constant sudden turning and lateral loading of the tyres from pad users on tighter tracks is causing this overheating without any straights for the temps to cool off in. Hopefully it can be mitigated without the need for drastic change, but the facts are higher temperatures are likely always gonna be a thing for pad users with a less sensitive turning axis compared to wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Temps work great for me with no assists, PS4 and T300. On some tracks like Singapore, Monaco and Spain you just have to not push for a while in the corners where it matters to cool them down before they overheat, on most others it's not even a problem when pushing non-stop. It's very manageable and a great addition. Just be less aggressive with your driving, don't use extreme setups and don't push lap after lap when you see the temps going up on those tracks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Need more feedback on pad for steering angle. Full right or full left doesn't always harm your lap time in the same way it's destroying tyres, and it can be hard to differentiate. 

China I was able to do a better job with some setup changes and minding stick angles on the long duration stuff. Mainly guesswork though. 


Someone in 16 or 17 suggested having the tyre wear test overlay available when lapping or racing, I think that would help. Give me that rather than the countdown to DRS zone, which I find pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Which tracks are most problematic for you?
bahrain short and long, china ,front right Spain front right but left quickly follows about a lap later ,monaco, both fronts and rears Austria front left worst then right but still the same russia both fronts over heat and never call down,singapore,all tires overheat, Germany front left ,Hungary both front over heat in same time, spa both fronts over heat after 3 laps ,Mexico front left, brazil both fronts over heat , dubi same both fronts over heat.

Is it a specific tyre compound?
happens across hyper to hard, we know tires heat up thats fine but they never cool down and they shouldnt overheat so you have no front end grip in 5 lap online lobbies same in offline modes

Are you using a controller or a wheel?
pad tried pad settings changes but still happens,

Which Traction Control setting are you on?
happens across all 3 settings but mainly affects the fronts, they heat but never cool back down no matter how you try to drive around them, we have all tried full,med and off abs off doesnt help either
Abs on and off doesn't help either,

Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
it happens across all default set ups,
set up tweaks to the suspension, tire pressures, ballast brake pressure and bias or any other set up changes don't help anything in some cases even cause the rears to over heat as well,

And what length are the races? 
3 laps you end up over heating them in a lap and a half
5laps you get about 3 laps of grip if your lucky,
other races it vaies but you over heat early and can never get them cool you can sit on the side of the track in practice etc with overheated fronts and they never cool down yes tires should heat up but they shouldnt overheat and ruin races after 3 laps, doesn't happen in the real world so why would it happen in a game, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silverstone is a horrow show. Had a league race there and the front left got to 109C despite smooth inputs and everything. 4 laps in and I’m suddenly 1.3-1.8 seconds off the pace. Pad is a mare 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm on wheel with medium TC and so far I only had overheating trouble in Spain, Hungary and Singapore (but in full wet conditions). In wet I thought it probably was traction related, but then I raced in intermediate conditions in Japan and temps were fine. In Spain and Hungary it's mostly due to fast long corners and as long as I tried to steer smoothly it was manageable. Surprisingly no trouble in Monaco. Moving the balance slightly forward (5-6) helps a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guys is useless the problem exists seriously for users with the pad
because in racetracks as a monk it is absolutely impossible to cool the IMPOSSIBLE tires.
It is useless to give examples of the type the true pilots of f1 must also manage this for units that they are true pilots but in their case everyone must do so and then their times fall accordingly.
in this case especially if you play 110 and without help the AI is very fast times and having to do managing the tires is almost impossible but in some tracks like barcelona China Australia Bahrain and others you can
but in tracks like monk Singapore and Hungary for pad users it is impossible and nothing is resolved with the set-up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Again I repeat, there is a huge problem for pad users
because in tires like monaco and singapore the tires overheat
and there is nothing to do unfortunately for us pad users is a real bug then Codemasters must adjust this thing because it's OK to be more delicate and careful when you make the curves but in the tracks as a monk and almost impossible to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Senna1990 said:
 Which tracks are most problematic for you?
bahrain short and long, china ,front right Spain front right but left quickly follows about a lap later ,monaco, both fronts and rears Austria front left worst then right but still the same russia both fronts over heat and never call down,singapore,all tires overheat, Germany front left ,Hungary both front over heat in same time, spa both fronts over heat after 3 laps ,Mexico front left, brazil both fronts over heat , dubi same both fronts over heat.

Is it a specific tyre compound?
happens across hyper to hard, we know tires heat up thats fine but they never cool down and they shouldnt overheat so you have no front end grip in 5 lap online lobbies same in offline modes

Are you using a controller or a wheel?
pad tried pad settings changes but still happens,

Which Traction Control setting are you on?
happens across all 3 settings but mainly affects the fronts, they heat but never cool back down no matter how you try to drive around them, we have all tried full,med and off abs off doesnt help either
Abs on and off doesn't help either,

Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
it happens across all default set ups,
set up tweaks to the suspension, tire pressures, ballast brake pressure and bias or any other set up changes don't help anything in some cases even cause the rears to over heat as well,

And what length are the races? 
3 laps you end up over heating them in a lap and a half
5laps you get about 3 laps of grip if your lucky,
other races it vaies but you over heat early and can never get them cool you can sit on the side of the track in practice etc with overheated fronts and they never cool down yes tires should heat up but they shouldnt overheat and ruin races after 3 laps, doesn't happen in the real world so why would it happen in a game, 


Please explain why you are off-topicing people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Also having the  same issues tires overheat far too quick and nver cool down
no tc abs etc
set up changes make no difference
xbox 1 
pad user

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faya said:
Hi all,

I have passed this thread and the other thread about tyre temps back to the team for further review. If you could also let me know the following, that would be great. Thanks!

Which tracks are most problematic for you?
Is it a specific tyre compound?
Are you using a controller or a wheel?
Which Traction Control setting are you on?
Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
And what length are the races? 
"Which tracks are most problematic for you?" So far I've had serious trouble at Monaco, Singapore, and the U.S. I've had issues with other tracks, but it's been managableish...

"Is it a specific tyre compound?" Not really but it does hit harder with the softer tyres.

"Are you using a controller or a wheel?" Controller

"Which Traction Control setting are you on?" Full

"Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?" In all cases I have the tyre pressure down as far as it can go to try to mitigate the issues. The rest of it is pretty close to the standard mid setup.

"And what length are the races?" 25% so far 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Which tracks are most problematic for you? Monaco. 
Is it a specific tyre compound? All of them, Just the fronts for me. Only takes me 5 laps for the Red Tires to turn yellow going two seconds off the pace of the leaders in a ferrari. Softer compounds heat up even faster and too hot before lap 5. 
Are you using a controller or a wheel? Controller
Which Traction Control setting are you on? Medium
Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using? Setup choice hasn't seemed to matter. 
area 10/8 trans, 60%/72%, susp geo 3.3/1.8/.13/.44, Susp 8/9/7/9/6/6, Brakes 77%/ 50, Tires 22.6, 20.3, ballast 5
And what length are the races? 50%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is real.

Pad User, did a 5 lap race in France. Led by 2 seconds after two laps then get completely swallowed up and finish 3 seconds behind. Fastest lap over 0.6s quicker than anyone else.

I quite like the idea of accurately modelling tyre behaviour, but I then did a race cooling the tyres, and still fell off the pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kobra167 said:
Which tracks are most problematic for you? Monaco. 
Is it a specific tyre compound? All of them, Just the fronts for me. Only takes me 5 laps for the Red Tires to turn yellow going two seconds off the pace of the leaders in a ferrari. Softer compounds heat up even faster and too hot before lap 5. 
Are you using a controller or a wheel? Controller
Which Traction Control setting are you on? Medium
Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using? Setup choice hasn't seemed to matter. 
area 10/8 trans, 60%/72%, susp geo 3.3/1.8/.13/.44, Susp 8/9/7/9/6/6, Brakes 77%/ 50, Tires 22.6, 20.3, ballast 5
And what length are the races? 50%
I've gone back to try again with camber as flat as it can be. slowest tire pressure can be. Just to see.  All it did was gave me two extra laps before they were boiling. 
I also visited Singapore in a Ranked Session. The fronts were blood red and I wasn't even pushing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Which tracks are most problematic for you?
Spain, Monaco, France, Hungary, Singapore. I haven't yet done a race in Japan, USA and Brazil so those I can't give you an answer to.
Is it a specific tyre compound?
Normally, the softest compound in each weekend. The hardest one seems to be "okay" but near the end of its stint it overheats slightly.
Are you using a controller or a wheel?
Controller.
Which Traction Control setting are you on?
No TC or medium. Found no difference in tyre temperatures.
Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
Slight tweaks of the balanced setup. More downforce for Monaco, less downforce for Italy for example. On the tracks I have referred at the beginning, I lower tyre pressures as most as possible. It's still the same. Overheating.
And what length are the races? 
50%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m getting the feeling that most of the nice changes in the game are going to be rolled back which is a pity.

havent actually raced the A.I. Yet but doubt it’s worth it if they’re the same as 2017. Hope it doesn’t end up that you don’t have to be careful with your tires at all now after the next patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For pad users just lower the tyre pressures ever so slightly on your set up. If that doesn't work then lower them further.

It won't harm your lap times and should sort this issue out. Worked for me. :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Again I repeat, there is a huge problem for pad users
because in tires like monaco and singapore the tires overheat
and there is nothing to do unfortunately for us pad users is a real bug then Codemasters must adjust this thing because it's OK to be more delicate and careful when you make the curves but in the tracks as a monk and almost impossible to play
I agree. Monaco, Singapore, and Brazil. Those tires temps are sky high. It's either be 5 seconds slower than race pace to keep them cool or let the boil and still be 5 seconds slow. And there is nothing you can do with the setup to alleviate that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Message to Codemasters.... 

***Please fix this bug!***
Just did Singapore and it is ridiculous. After 3 laps you are 2-3 seconds off the pace and the car feels horrendous. I did some tests in practice and there is nothing you can do once the temps are in the red..even slowing down to 50mph and not even accelerating. It is nothing to do with setups or how you drive with the controller, it's a nasty bug pure and simple. Completely ruins the career experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Message to Codemasters.... 

***Please fix this bug!***
Just did Singapore and it is ridiculous. After 3 laps you are 2-3 seconds off the pace and the car feels horrendous. I did some tests in practice and there is nothing you can do once the temps are in the red..even slowing down to 50mph and not even accelerating. It is nothing to do with setups or how you drive with the controller, it's a nasty bug pure and simple. Completely ruins the career experience. 
The trick is to prevent them from starting to overheat in the first place.. Before they reach the 'yellow' temp around 103 degrees, stop pushing, don't 'lean' on/scrub the tyres too much and they will come down a degree or two within a minute or so. The heating and cooling of carcass temps happens over a laps worth of time or even multiple laps; once they are orange or red it's pretty much too late and the sliding will only overheat them further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×