Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Recommended Posts

Is this issue solely a pad vs wheel thing? I use a wheel and haven't seeny anything remotely like overheating tyres...


Yes. 

Wheels:
16-bit (65,536 values) 12-bit (4,096 values) 10-bit (1,024 values)

Pad:
10 bit (maybe) or 8 bit (256 values) 

So even the worst wheel is just more accurate than a standard pad. If you only need a slight amount of lock with wheel it's easy. With pad it's much harder to find that same amount of lock and in game there's a different setup with more filters and different settings dependent on speed etc versus the wheel. 

With pad you tend to always initially use more lock than required and if in the heat of battle the in game warnings don't get your attention, you overheat the tyres fast now. This is the new symptom for the diagnosis: pad user. Before the new model, pad user could rely on horrible tyre wear but not so much of the overheating. 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faya said:
Hi all,

I have passed this thread and the other thread about tyre temps back to the team for further review. If you could also let me know the following, that would be great. Thanks!

Which tracks are most problematic for you?
Is it a specific tyre compound?
Are you using a controller or a wheel?
Which Traction Control setting are you on?
Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
And what length are the races? 
@Faya

Would it be possible to do a feedback form for this? I personally wouldn’t want big changes made to the fundamental gameplay without first being 100% sure if a change is necessary and it its something that only affects certain things like pad players or wheel players plus if they use any assists. Just to be safe. 

Me personally ive not had any issues with tyres apart from Monaco and Singapore on a pad with no assists, but they do overheat on those tracks understandably, ...but I guess it could also be down to me just not being very strong at those particular tracks :)

Many thanks
^^^^^this  Common sense.. I have a decent set-up (t300rs with fanatec csl pedals). I haven't had any issue with carcass overheating, and most tracks, there are a few that catch me out... Maybe this whole thread should be reversed ,  i, like many, have an issue with A.I seemingly having warm tyres after the safety car.. So maybe its not so much that your tyre temps get to hot, it quite possibly could be that the A.I dont suffer from the same tyre wear/temps that we do
Well why would they? They're designed to take the corners 'correctly.'

Though there are a few tracks where the AI seems to struggle deep into stints and it felt like I was coming back at them. I wish there was some way you could see what temps the AI deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@CaptainAust So maybe its not so much that your tyre temps get to hot, it quite possibly could be that the A.I dont suffer from the same tyre wear/temps that we do
I believe it’s both. The AI don’t suffer tyre overheating issue and the user with a PAD are seeing excessive heat through the carcass of the tyre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zachrulez said:
Faya said:
Hi all,

I have passed this thread and the other thread about tyre temps back to the team for further review. If you could also let me know the following, that would be great. Thanks!

Which tracks are most problematic for you?
Is it a specific tyre compound?
Are you using a controller or a wheel?
Which Traction Control setting are you on?
Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
And what length are the races? 
@Faya

Would it be possible to do a feedback form for this? I personally wouldn’t want big changes made to the fundamental gameplay without first being 100% sure if a change is necessary and it its something that only affects certain things like pad players or wheel players plus if they use any assists. Just to be safe. 

Me personally ive not had any issues with tyres apart from Monaco and Singapore on a pad with no assists, but they do overheat on those tracks understandably, ...but I guess it could also be down to me just not being very strong at those particular tracks :)

Many thanks
^^^^^this  Common sense.. I have a decent set-up (t300rs with fanatec csl pedals). I haven't had any issue with carcass overheating, and most tracks, there are a few that catch me out... Maybe this whole thread should be reversed ,  i, like many, have an issue with A.I seemingly having warm tyres after the safety car.. So maybe its not so much that your tyre temps get to hot, it quite possibly could be that the A.I dont suffer from the same tyre wear/temps that we do
Well why would they? They're designed to take the corners 'correctly.'

Though there are a few tracks where the AI seems to struggle deep into stints and it felt like I was coming back at them. I wish there was some way you could see what temps the AI deal with.
correctly has little to do with it,, how hard the car is pushing, if they are in a battle, all this has to do with tyre temp. the a.i run a standard setup which probably has a little to do with it. But to answer your question, they would because they are racing in the same race conditions as we are.. to your 2nd point,, i actually thought about this after my og post,, wouldnt it be nice if in the replays we could  switch to their cockpit cam and bring up their telementary   sadly this wont happen because they have none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On a pad and just completed my first season on career mode using the middle default setup. I had some problems with tyre temps on Monaco after around 7 laps but Singapore was horrific with the all compounds overheating at around 3 laps which made getting purple race strategy impossible and killed the race on Monaco and ruined Singapore until the rain and inters where they didn't overheat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
botgroper said:
The problem is the game has been set up to favor the esports market and those that use steering wheels, not thinking that yes the heat model is good for them it ends up screwing the pad market who make up 98% of your market.
it does't need changing per ce needs re balancing for pad users, theres plenty of evidence posted on here so far,
Set up changes don;'t help, changing of driving style doesn't help,
they overheat stupidly early and never cool down, unless theres a fix I will be going to get a refund at game before the 30 days im entitled to one is up because its undrivable, because you have piroitied e sports at the deprement of your casual market who have lifes and dont spend 18 hours a day playing the game,

I see you have noted it reading threads any chance of an update please instead of the normal codies silence ? 

So what are you saying here? Are you implying that codemasters should now start moving away from the simulation that they've been pursuing lately and cater more towards pad users now? 

It it seems to me that they have two options now: continue to go down the realism route or dumb it down again because 98% of the market are pad users. 

Personally as a wheel user I have no problems managing my tyre temps, and in fact am loving the challenge, and I would find it boring if I could just drive like an idiot the whole race and suffer no consequences.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://www.noelshack.com/2018-36-5-1536320572-20180907133748-1.jpg

Hello i have some prroblem with this game 
the tyre temps for the pad isn't adapted for the races in some tracks like singapour monaco japan baku australia 
The tyres go to 105-110 degres and it is impossible to drive whit a solid pace 
I play in pc with a x box one pad
My setup have a maximun 7 ballast  the lower camber and a low pressure tyres and my laps times in this games are pretty good ( no pretension )
That is a bug or a thing to change or is it my driving style incompatible wiht  your game 

Thanks and sorry for my english i'm french

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You could try reducing the ballast more towards 50-50, increasing camber slightly, as well as downforce. Basically the better the balance less the car slides around the less overheating you will get. 

Other than just try to drive smoothly and even use assists such ad TC if necessary, given than you are trying to drive f1 cars with a stick and some triggers with very little travel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think you need to calm down Freddus. I am sure if the tyre temp bug was effecting wheel users you would be on here complaining as well. It's nothing to do with setups or bad driving.....its a massive glitch which needs fixing ASAP! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think you need to calm down Freddus. I am sure if the tyre temp bug was effecting wheel users you would be on here complaining as well. It's nothing to do with setups or bad driving.....its a massive glitch which needs fixing ASAP! 
Im perfectly calm, I just don't want this game to go back to the kind of boring arcade that we've already had for years. 

If you feel that it's a genuine bug then post a video and let's see what's going on . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freddus said:
I think you need to calm down Freddus. I am sure if the tyre temp bug was effecting wheel users you would be on here complaining as well. It's nothing to do with setups or bad driving.....its a massive glitch which needs fixing ASAP! 
Im perfectly calm, I just don't want this game to go back to the kind of boring arcade that we've already had for years. 

If you feel that it's a genuine bug then post a video and let's see what's going on . 
Its never been a sim and it will never be a sim,because codies have to appeal to the mass market and not just cater to the elitist twaddle you’ve just spouted.If you want sim racing go play a proper sim as for us that enjoy this game on the pad we just want a level playing field with the wheel as was the case on last years game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
test91 said:
https://www.noelshack.com/2018-36-5-1536320572-20180907133748-1.jpg

Hello i have some prroblem with this game 
the tyre temps for the pad isn't adapted for the races in some tracks like singapour monaco japan baku australia 
The tyres go to 105-110 degres and it is impossible to drive whit a solid pace 
I play in pc with a x box one pad
My setup have a maximun 7 ballast  the lower camber and a low pressure tyres and my laps times in this games are pretty good ( no pretension )
That is a bug or a thing to change or is it my driving style incompatible wiht  your game 

Thanks and sorry for my english i'm french
I have you beat, I had mine up to 240F or about 116C around Hungary. Should have taken a picture of if.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ex250 said:
test91 said:
https://www.noelshack.com/2018-36-5-1536320572-20180907133748-1.jpg

Hello i have some prroblem with this game 
the tyre temps for the pad isn't adapted for the races in some tracks like singapour monaco japan baku australia 
The tyres go to 105-110 degres and it is impossible to drive whit a solid pace 
I play in pc with a x box one pad
My setup have a maximun 7 ballast  the lower camber and a low pressure tyres and my laps times in this games are pretty good ( no pretension )
That is a bug or a thing to change or is it my driving style incompatible wiht  your game 

Thanks and sorry for my english i'm french
I have you beat, I had mine up to 240F or about 116C around Hungary. Should have taken a picture of if.
That's good. According to Pirelli 116 degrees Celsius is within the normal operating temperature for the softer compounds. 

For or the harder compounds it's between 120 and 146 degrees Celsius. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freddus said:
ex250 said:
test91 said:
https://www.noelshack.com/2018-36-5-1536320572-20180907133748-1.jpg

Hello i have some prroblem with this game 
the tyre temps for the pad isn't adapted for the races in some tracks like singapour monaco japan baku australia 
The tyres go to 105-110 degres and it is impossible to drive whit a solid pace 
I play in pc with a x box one pad
My setup have a maximun 7 ballast  the lower camber and a low pressure tyres and my laps times in this games are pretty good ( no pretension )
That is a bug or a thing to change or is it my driving style incompatible wiht  your game 

Thanks and sorry for my english i'm french
I have you beat, I had mine up to 240F or about 116C around Hungary. Should have taken a picture of if.
That's good. According to Pirelli 116 degrees Celsius is within the normal operating temperature for the softer compounds. 

For or the harder compounds it's between 120 and 146 degrees Celsius. 
So why is the tire temp red and Jeff losing is S.ugar H.oney I.ce T.ea over the tires?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ex250 said:
Freddus said:
ex250 said:
test91 said:
https://www.noelshack.com/2018-36-5-1536320572-20180907133748-1.jpg

Hello i have some prroblem with this game 
the tyre temps for the pad isn't adapted for the races in some tracks like singapour monaco japan baku australia 
The tyres go to 105-110 degres and it is impossible to drive whit a solid pace 
I play in pc with a x box one pad
My setup have a maximun 7 ballast  the lower camber and a low pressure tyres and my laps times in this games are pretty good ( no pretension )
That is a bug or a thing to change or is it my driving style incompatible wiht  your game 

Thanks and sorry for my english i'm french
I have you beat, I had mine up to 240F or about 116C around Hungary. Should have taken a picture of if.
That's good. According to Pirelli 116 degrees Celsius is within the normal operating temperature for the softer compounds. 

For or the harder compounds it's between 120 and 146 degrees Celsius. 
So why is the tire temp red and Jeff losing is S.ugar H.oney I.ce T.ea over the tires?
Probably because for the ultra soft and super soft 116 is about 6 - 10 degrees Celsius too hot and most likely won't be sustainable for your tyre strategy. 

However, overheating your tyres by 6 degrees is not a massive issue in my view, especially if you're driving like crazy. 

The real question to ask here is how realistically does the game simulate tyre temperatures given how you're driving the car in the game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Freddus your message is good for the rear tyres but in my situation it is principally the front the big problem and nothing work with différents setup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
test91 said:
@Freddus your message is good for the rear tyres but in my situation it is principally the front the big problem and nothing work with différents setup
When you say it's a big problem what temps are you talking about?  Also what compound are you using, what track and what setup? 

Also is the overheating happening when the tyre is still fresh, or is it happening towards the end of its life when it's almost worn out and your're asking too much for it by pushing it too much and therefore sliding it even more, which then has the cumulative effect of heating it up even more, which then slides even more until the temps are through the roof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
After update 1.05 i suffer with tyres too hot, Singapore was comppletely undrivable. I ended up 10th in my redbull while i normally finish top 5!

Tyres too hot, no matter what i tried nothing helped at all. Front tires were at 110 degrees celcius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
test91 said:
Don't be angry but have you read and see my picture 
?
I'm not angry at all. In the picture you seem to be overheating your front left by about 5 degrees Celsius, so I don't see an issue, especially given that you just went through two right hand corners and you were probably really pushing it. 

By the way, do you Assetto Corsa? If you do, do the following: bolt on the soft compounds on the 2015 or 2017 f1 car and do a lap of Barcelona. You will find that if you really push it the front left will easily exceed 130 degrees Celsius after the first sector alone, which as far as I know is pretty realistic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
test91 said:
*read my first message
And I'm talking about carcass temperature

Your carcass temp is about 9 degrees Celsius too high. Again unless you were crawling around the track I don't see an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freddus said:
test91 said:
Don't be angry but have you read and see my picture 
?
I'm not angry at all. In the picture you seem to be overheating your front left by about 5 degrees Celsius, so I don't see an issue, especially given that you just went through two right hand corners and you were probably really pushing it. 

By the way, do you Assetto Corsa? If you do, do the following: bolt on the soft compounds on the 2015 or 2017 f1 car and do a lap of Barcelona. You will find that if you really push it the front left will easily exceed 130 degrees Celsius after the first sector alone, which as far as I know is pretty realistic. 
Okay, just because Pirelli reccomends a certain temperature windows, or because another game is okay when this happens doesn't fix the problem.

I starting to think its a bug because some track the tires may overheat, but if you back off, they start to cool down. On other tracks though, they overheat and you can't get them back down. They definitely don't overheat like this in the practice sessions though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×