Sign in to follow this  

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Hm. Strange. The softs are supposed to work between 105-135º Celsius yet when you hit the 105ºC mark, your tyres are already overheating.

see heres another thread saying that theres a bug with the tire heat on pads 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/139508/tyres-temps-pad#latest

and another http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/138658/impossible-to-keep-up-with-the-ai-race-pace-solely-due-to-high-tyre-inner-carcass-temperatures#latest

What are you doing about it codies eh ? 

ex250 said:
Freddus said:
test91 said:
Don't be angry but have you read and see my picture 
?
I'm not angry at all. In the picture you seem to be overheating your front left by about 5 degrees Celsius, so I don't see an issue, especially given that you just went through two right hand corners and you were probably really pushing it. 

By the way, do you Assetto Corsa? If you do, do the following: bolt on the soft compounds on the 2015 or 2017 f1 car and do a lap of Barcelona. You will find that if you really push it the front left will easily exceed 130 degrees Celsius after the first sector alone, which as far as I know is pretty realistic. 
Okay, just because Pirelli reccomends a certain temperature windows, or because another game is okay when this happens doesn't fix the problem.

I starting to think its a bug because some track the tires may overheat, but if you back off, they start to cool down. On other tracks though, they overheat and you can't get them back down. They definitely don't overheat like this in the practice sessions though.
How quickly they cool down will depend on the track temperature as well as the brake temperature, both of which affect the core temps. 

So just because they  sometimes cool faster and sometimes slower doesn't necessarily imply a bug. 

MrCosta96 said:
Hm. Strange. The softs are supposed to work between 105-135º Celsius yet when you hit the 105ºC mark, your tyres are already overheating.
I don't know. Maybe the colours are designed to let you know at what temp to keep the tyres to make them last for the duration of the stint. 

In any case according to the drivers the softs are only beginning to switch on at 105 degrees Celsius, that's why they struggle so much to get heat into the harder compunds when it's cool. 

Freddus said:
MrCosta96 said:
I don't know. Maybe the colours are designed to let you know at what temp to keep the tyres to make them last for the duration of the stint. 

In any case according to the drivers the softs are only beginning to switch on at 105 degrees Celsius, that's why they struggle so much to get heat into the harder compunds when it's cool. 
Why didn't Codies use the real tyre temperature working ranges then? Or at least make it similar. It's nowhere near real life temperatures.

Hi all. As we had three discussions about the tyre temps, I've merged them together.

The team is still discussing the tyre temps internally and reading your feedback on it. 

for the people thinks it is just a problem of driving style it is impossible beacause you have the choice to run 2 second slower for save the temperature or run 2 seconds quickly and after see your race destruct like no have front wings with the temperature
And it is not a problem of wear and external temperature but just the carcass

Faya said:
Hi all. As we had three discussions about the tyre temps, I've merged them together.

The team is still discussing the tyre temps internally and reading your feedback on it. 
Are there chances that future changes won't penalyse wheel users? I'm scared as wheel user because temperatures are perfect and represent the best new feature of F12018. The problem is that the system is working perfectly but it requires a precise imput that goes beyond the physical limitations of the pad...

From the looks of it, it seems unclear how this issue could even be properly resolved, just seems like a case of using a pad naturally having much more twitchy style driving due to its more limiting range.  It also seems like it'd be difficult since the analog stick never fights you, whereas using a steering wheel it will fight you, you can feel exactly when you shouldn't steer anymore tightly.  

Perhaps a new assist needs to be born for this.  Tyre Temperatures - Simulation / Full / Medium / Low / Off.  Then everyone can do whatever they want to do. 

Faya said:

Whatever you guys do, please don't dumb it down. Managing tyre temps is a very important part of racing and needs to be simulated as accurately as possible. 

Freddus said:
Faya said:

Whatever you guys do, please don't dumb it down. Managing tyre temps is a very important part of racing and needs to be simulated as accurately as possible. 
Are you on a pad?

sirio994 said:
Faya said:

Are there chances that future changes won't penalyse wheel users? I'm scared as wheel user because temperatures are perfect and represent the best new feature of F12018. The problem is that the system is working perfectly but it requires a precise imput that goes beyond the physical limitations of the pad...
I've got similar concerns. I really don't want a situation where we can't a have a good f1 simulation because pad users always complain about things being unfair towards them, or whatever. 

lilfurbal said:
From the looks of it, it seems unclear how this issue could even be properly resolved, just seems like a case of using a pad naturally having much more twitchy style driving due to its more limiting range.  It also seems like it'd be difficult since the analog stick never fights you, whereas using a steering wheel it will fight you, you can feel exactly when you shouldn't steer anymore tightly.  

Perhaps a new assist needs to be born for this.  Type Temperatures - Simulation / Full / Medium / Low / Off.  Then everyone can do whatever they want to do. 
I agree 100%. Tyre temperature management requires feedback that the pad is not able to provide. With a pad you don't know if you are steering too much, pushing too much on the throttle or sliding in traction zones... 

i am the first to says don't delete that but just modify that for pad users to keep this game playable for everyone beacause this game is not a simulation but a game for everyone like the TC meduim

ex250 said:
Freddus said:
Faya said:

Are you on a pad?
No, I can't play racing games on pad. I tip my hat to anyone who gets competitive times on pad.

Freddus said:
sirio994 said:
Faya said:

I've got similar concerns. I really don't want a situation where we can't a have a good f1 simulation because pad users always complain about things being unfair towards them, or whatever. 
If the game is fully supported on different devices and if something is not working as intended, it's not complaining, it's giving feedback to the devs.

I doubt they will come out of this without compromising the wheel experience. Pad and wheel users are competing online together. The only solution would as already said would be an option or have it linked to the damage settings. In the worst case scenario I hope the will save it for offline modes.

I'm honestly surprised that they haven't thought about it in the development process. The problem was very predictable. I remember thinking about it when I was watching the presentation of the new handling and temperature system mad by David. 

Me complaining wtf this game is in Xbox one PS4 with the support of pad just do a game playable with the temperature for the pad for the people scary to be beat by pad in racing league just play with no pad users

sirio994 said:
I doubt they will come out of this without compromising the wheel experience. Pad and wheel users are competing online together. The only solution would as already said would be an option or have it linked to the damage settings. In the worst case scenario I hope the will save it for offline modes.

I'm honestly surprised that they haven't thought about it in the development process. The problem was very predictable. I remember thinking about it when I was watching the presentation of the new handling and temperature system mad by David. 

If they compromise the wheel experience it will be offline play for me as won't be downloading any more patches. 

sirio994 said:

It's not just the development process, I thought that was the whole reason for beta testing something, to find the bugs/problems and correct them for the future.

test91 said:
Me complaining **** this game is in Xbox one PS4 with the support of pad just do a game playable with the temperature for the pad for the people scary to be beat by pad in racing league just play with no pad users
I know that's not the issue. They don't want their experience being messed up altering the game. 
This is the TC situation but reversed.

ex250 said:
sirio994 said:

It's not just the development process, I thought that was the whole reason for beta testing something, to find the bugs/problems and correct them for the future.
When I watched the videoblog about handling and tyre temperature I thought "what about the pad?'".

I agree. But thinking about it in the development process would have helped. It could be too late to implement an option or two different models.

It bring me to your question. Half of the beta testers were by choice pad users. Was it a completely different build? How in the world they didn't notice a problem that comes out after 4-5 consecutive laps?! 

ex250 said:
test91 said:
Me complaining **** this game is in Xbox one PS4 with the support of pad just do a game playable with the temperature for the pad for the people scary to be beat by pad in racing league just play with no pad users
I know that's not the issue. They don't want their experience being messed up altering the game. 
This is the TC situation but reversed.
I don't play online but I think that this is the situation. It's not about competing online I suppose. It is mainly a thing that wheel users want to be a factor when playing wheel users in particular and offline.

I'm scared because I play offline only 100% distance races. So on long distances it would take out a huge factor like tyre wear...

EDIT: when I was talking about competing online I was referring to the fact that wheel users and pad users play together so it's impossibile to have two different physics and tyre models at the same time. Only an option would solve it... 

@sirio994 that is the big problem of Codemasters beta testing make game since 2010 and every years big bugs problems like a amateur studio
( But the game still very good )