Sign in to follow this  

Codies Looks like you have a lot of competition!

Dear Codemasters,

You know i have been a long time supporter of your Formula 1 series..... but please. PLEASE give us something that feels ALIVE and something that gives us a at least minimal sense of achievement. F1 2013 felt dead after a week pf playing it! Not to mention the classic content  You know very well i am not someone known to put others down for there hard work..... but............

Why is it that Codies are known for the sale of broken buggy, lifeless games? Why is it that your games become boring after only s short period of playing them? Why are you known for "not" listening to your customers for what they want and just going for what YOU only selfishly want and or coming up with carefully crafted PR answers such as "we are trying to target a mass audience so not everyone will get what they want" ?

Why is it that a small company Sightly Mad Studios actually displays that they actually care about customers? Why is it that they have reached far more..... then Codies have since F1 2010 came out? Why is it that they are answering to what everyone wants up to 80% to customer satisfaction? (and they too are trying to target a mass audience so there is no silly excuses)

All i can say this year for you guys is..... good luck.........based on your track record you might loose more customers this year with all the motor sport gaming competitors out there. (even if you come up with some new sales scheme such as all about Classics last year.....  you chose to focus more on the classics... classics is barely ever played! it took the game many steps back.... seems every year you come up with a scheme to try and delete or redeem your past mistakes within the Codies F1 franchise... yet the game keeps getting more and more lifeless. Even the audiences in the grand stands on the game look like robots.... i can even remember the movements they do over and over after only playing it a few hours.... the game gets repetitive after a while... nothing new. Same loading screens.... same skipping Practice Sessions because someone within Codies had the bright idea not to include practice sessions in the game.... more steps back!    If you can come up with something like the following video i am about to present to you..... you will restore the faith of many lost customers over the years who have become disillusioned by your games. Personally i love your F1 games..... for about a month.... after that the game finds itself on a shelf collecting dust... the game is just way too lifeless.   Anyhow.... i present to you.... the greatest Racing game ever....PERIOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0oTs_8y9r8

Yes, the Project Cars team has the attention of the motorsport enthusiasts and purists with its attempt to replicate car performance and graphics like a photocopier, but I'd take a guess that the average consumer does not know about this game or care about such aspects. Codemasters has a delicate balancing job, having to tailor their game for purists and novices alike, and in my opinion, they do a very good job of it.

You're right that CM games don't necessarily have the ambient immersion that Project Cars is slated to have but it also had a much longer development cycle (including delaying it an entire year). And I'd guess that some ideas CM want to put into the game are probably restricted by the licence, but I've never seen the contract so it's purely speculative.

Plus, F1 2014 releases in September while Project Cars releases in November, so advantage CM.

Sounds as though you need to relax on your F1 game settings. If you play it for what it is and have the settings on a difficulty/handling mode you can have fun with you'll find the game much more immersive and satisfifying.

Project Cars looks amazing, but the verdict's still out. The AI look decidedly dodgy, there are still a huge amount of OTT "Need for Speed" accidents in there and apparently the "invisible" walls that CM haven't quite got rid of seem to be prevalent there too. I also have yet to see a good alternative to Codies' lurvely arrows telling you where the other cars are. 

For me CM should focus on their own thing and let Project Cars be whatever it turns out to be. I want changes to online that make leagues a viable prospect for the organisers, AI that don't block you in the middle of hotlaps, more sophisticated handling/force feedback and a relatively bug-free experience first time.

Project Cars looks amazing, but the verdict's still out. The AI look decidedly dodgy, there are still a huge amount of OTT "Need for Speed" accidents in there and apparently the "invisible" walls that CM haven't quite got rid of seem to be prevalent there too. I also have yet to see a good alternative to Codies' lurvely arrows telling you where the other cars are. 

For me CM should focus on their own thing and let Project Cars be whatever it turns out to be. I want changes to online that make leagues a viable prospect for the organisers, AI that don't block you in the middle of hotlaps, more sophisticated handling/force feedback and a relatively bug-free experience first time.

Have to agree with this I say Project cars I believe is supposed to be or at least aiming for a full on sim. CM of course aren't aiming for this they're aiming to turn the F1 series into a kind of Fifa series if you will and by that I mean create a game anybody can pick up and play and thoroughly enjoy regardless of their skill level. I think mistakes were made with 2013 but for the most part I think CM have done a good job with this and IMO can be proud of the work thery've done. That's not to say it can't be done better as there is always room for improvement. I think for the most part CM are on the right track though

Projects CARS will be the best racing sim when it gets released. Codemasters shouldn't look to project CARS as competition though. They are both racing games but Codemasters focus solely on F1 on an annual basis while project CARS has been in development for YEARS and could be for a while more meaning project CARS has the time to make the game as good as possible while Codemasters only have the year timeframe and Codemasters do a good job in that year timeframe despite the game needing improvements

I agree that the F1 franchise is getting tired with mostly the same tracks and the classic stuff I never played either. I will pick up Project Cars as soon as it comes out along with a PS4, I most likely will pick up F1 2014 as well but will pass on any DLC as the extra tracks really screwed up the online experience with mismatching...  

Seen this last week I and was impressed but if you can race on slicks in pouring rain, its not for me.

I think that we will all have one eye on Project, especially as it gets closer to going golden. It feels like more of a Gran Turismo type game, than F1 from what I've seen and read. GT6 was a complete disappointment for me, is collecting dust, and maybe this will get Polyphony Digital to up their game.

Doesn't CM have exclusive rights to the current F1 liveries? GT with a career mode would be very cool, so I hope that PCARS will deliver most of what they promise. I'm looking forward to my first next gen sim-type racer.