Sign in to follow this  

Am I the only one who kinda likes the halo?

After watching FP1 Practice in Italy today they were talking about the effectiveness of the halo after last weekends turn 1 mess with Alanzo.  One of the red bull drivers, i forget who mentioned how we can all agree it is ugly but does a great job of improving safety.

I don't know.....i kinda like the way it looks.  Sometimes i think I'm literally the only one.

From playing this years game i can see how the halo would actually be quite comforting for a driver, a bit like a blanket for a child.  

Bought every F1 game ever and was not going to get 2018 because of halo. However have it and to be fair it's fairly acceptable and I play cockpit.  It is after all realistic and isn't this what we want  ?

I turned off the halo column cause it distracts me in cockpit view. However this is mainly cause on TV we see two-dimensional. Drivers in real life (or if you play in VR) see three-dimensional, so it is less distracting.

I get used to the look cause some teams also placed some sponsor logos on it and changed the color of it (Ferrari has a red halo, Toro Rosso blue halo, Sauber white halo etc.). It looks ugly on the Mercedes though.

In the game its a tad annoying in the race when cars in the distance can't be seen cause of the central pilar blocking the view.

Had a near miss when a car was going slow and I didnt see them but in real life your eyes would see past it still think it should be semi translarent in the game the central part to recreate how a driver sees it.

Its very drivable though I feel much safer ?