Sign in to follow this  

Difficulty not consisent

Did a 25% career race at Austria with my Haas which doesn't have a lot of upgrades (around 12 or so now) and I won that race, now I did England and the AI is swarming me like hell.... So the thing is that imho for now the AI at 105 is too slow at Austria and maybe too fast at Silverstone...

Yeah noticed that, too.
Wait for Germany and Belgium, they are also really easy compared to tracks like Bahrain or Australia.

Quite a shame you can't change the difficulty after practice or quali.

How should I know if I'm too fast or slow for the AI before the first practice?

I agree in general but it definitely depends player to player. I just won at Austria too, also won in Bahrain was 18th at Australia and Baku. 7th-9th in the other races. 

The AI is generally terrible when it comes to consistency, usually we could solve this by changing the difficulty during a weekend but of course this has been removed for no real reason so we can't even do that anymore. Fortunately they are """looking into""" adding it back again.

They should be "looking into" making AI more consistent.  I should just be able to set the difficulty and then forget it, not be constantly switching it back and forth on top of trying to remember what track is what.

The main selling point of the single player career mode is immersion.  How is constantly changing difficulty settings between each session immersive?

It's hard for them to get it right because every player has different strong or weak tracks.

Last year the difficulty for some tracks got adjusted with a patch if I remember correctly.

This year seems a bit off, so I hope they will look into it,
maybe based on the online leaderboards times to calculate the highest difficulty in each track.

110 should be suitable just for the few very best on every track.

Austria and Silverstone are very different technically. You may be experiencing the cars individual strengths and weaknesses. Your own personal strengths and weaknesses also. I always perform much better at my favourite circuits (and not the reason they are my favourites lol).
Only circuit so far I have noticed a big difference on is Singapore as I am normally very good here but I struggled and not for grip, the AI were just that good there pace wise. But then it was where my car was weakest also.

They should do the so like they do it on dirt and make it so the ai adapts to the speed of the player
No no no adopting AI is the worst thing ever! it's basically rubber band AI which is horrible in racing games.