Jump to content Jump to content

2014 Brazilian Grand Prix

Hamilton has an horrendous history in Brazil. Lost a title there in 2007, nearly lost another there in 2008, broke down in 2011, got crashed in to by Hulkenberg in 2012, and crashed with Bottas in 2013. One podium in 7 years. Quite ironic at the home of the driver he aspires to emulate. 

I don't think he'll have the same troubles this weekend though. If he wins I'm gonna be making a one off special appearance as a Hamilton fan for Abu Dhabi, because I don't want double points to cock up this championship when in any other season he'd be world champion. 
VetteIfan said:
I don't think he'll have the same troubles this weekend though. If he wins I'm gonna be making a one off special appearance as a Hamilton fan for Abu Dhabi, because I don't want double points to cock up this championship when in any other season he'd be world champion. 
My life is complete.
Well, earlier on this year after Spa you actually stated you were starting to like Vettel slightly, so I guess we're both softening up in our old(er) age :p

Nah but on a serious note, I'd be lying if I said Rosberg wasn't my favourite of the two. But the unbiased F1 fan inside me knows it would be wrong for a driver to win the title in such circumstances and 2014 would, at least in my eyes, be marred. Taking away all driver preferences and loyalties, the pure racing fan inside me doesn't want such a great season to go down that way in the history books. 
VetteIfan said:
Hamilton has an horrendous history in Brazil. Lost a title there in 2007, nearly lost another there in 2008, broke down in 2011, got crashed in to by Hulkenberg in 2012, and crashed with Bottas in 2013. One podium in 7 years. Quite ironic at the home of the driver he aspires to emulate. 

Hamilton's record in Abu Dhabi isn't too good aswell breaking down in 2009 and 2012 on road to victory
VetteIfan said:

Hamilton's record in Abu Dhabi isn't too good aswell breaking down in 2009 and 2012 on road to victory
Thing is they were both on way to victory. His pace at Abu Dhabi is probably better than anyone else