F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

2014 Brazilian Grand Prix

Yeah, him or vettel imo since its ALWAYS been them 2 in 1st or 2nd
Except for '09 when Hamilton retired, and '11 when Vettel retired, and '12 when Hamilton retired, and '13 when Hamilton finished 7th ;)
09 vettel won, 11 hamilton won, 12 yeah i agree, and 13 vettel won thats what i meant, all but one race the winner has always been Vettel or Hamilton

This is my favourite race of the season, just hope we get an epic race like we've had many times over the years. Only ruined by the silly double points at the next race. I'm also pretty sad as its pretty certain now that this will be the last F1 season for Button. :( 

Hughesy said:
This is my favourite race of the season, just hope we get an epic race like we've had many times over the years. Only ruined by the silly double points at the next race. I'm also pretty sad as its pretty certain now that this will be the last F1 season for Button. :( 
Yeah I feel sad for Button too after all it's not his fault really that McLaren have struggled he just drives it he doesn't put it together. I think he's done a pretty good job despite having a bad car. He has proven though that under the right circumstances with a god car he can make it work. But as a fan of his it is a shame to see him go out like this.

I was just reading that. “JB’s going?” Hamilton said. “Really? Surely Jenson can go anywhere? Jenson’s had an amazing career, and he’s still one of the strongest drivers here. If I had a team, I would want him in it. He’s a great asset for any team. It’s not the team that needs a better driver. They need a better car.”

I was just reading that. “JB’s going?” Hamilton said. “Really? Surely Jenson can go anywhere? Jenson’s had an amazing career, and he’s still one of the strongest drivers here. If I had a team, I would want him in it. He’s a great asset for any team. It’s not the team that needs a better driver. They need a better car.”
It does show he and Hamilton got on well, even if the media tried to stir it... If Button goes I'll stop supporting them I think, which is sad as I've supported them since I started watching F1. I just don't like the way Button is being treated. He has way more points than K Mag in a crap car. I don't get it when people say K Mag is the next Hamilton, look how hard Lewis pushed Alonso in his first year, Magnussen hasn't done that. I'm not saying he's a bad driver but I think they should stick with those two, as at the first chance Alonso will be off as he's not loyal imo.

So I've checked my in-browser weather app (Opera 21 is awesome), which is usually pretty accurate in the UK for the remainder of the weekend. Qually will be quite wet, but not soaking, I wouldn't think (1.2mm of rain predicted between 12 & 2pm local), but given the heat and the slope, it will dry quickly, so the conditions could vary.
Sunday will be very wet, 3.9mm predicted in the same window, so probably full wets for the whole race.
Tough to predict, hey?

So I've checked my in-browser weather app (Opera 21 is awesome), which is usually pretty accurate in the UK for the remainder of the weekend. Qually will be quite wet, but not soaking, I wouldn't think (1.2mm of rain predicted between 12 & 2pm local), but given the heat and the slope, it will dry quickly, so the conditions could vary.
Sunday will be very wet, 3.9mm predicted in the same window, so probably safety car for the whole race.
Tough to predict, hey?
Fixed ;)

He'd be in my team as well if there is one thing you can always count on with Jenson is that he always stays calm under pressure. He's patient and is always willing to wait for the appropriate moment to strike. He was rewarded for that patience in 2009 when he won the WC. For me I'd like for him to go out on a high too. If I were Honda I'd ask McLaren to keep him around for sat least 1/2 more years as I think he's still got at least that left in him at the top level if he wants it.

With a wet race on the cards on Sunday perhaps we'll see another race where he shows why he should be retained over Kevin, especially if it's anything like Suzuka. That's assuming his car is actually working at it's maximum by then.
I'm just trying to get my head around Mclaren's logic. The prospect of a Jenson/Fernando lineup is mouthwatering. They have repeatedly said they want the two best drivers available in their cars, surely Jenson is one of them regardless of whether Fernando joins. If they're serious about the constructors championship then they should want the two most consistent point scorers and proven champions in their cars. Kevin has made many errors this year that has cost the team valuable points and probably the chance to challenge Ferrari for 4th this year. He's got the speed, that much is obvious but give him a year or two development and he would grow into a top driver, especially if he's learning from Jenson and Fernando. Who better to learn from of the current field?
It would be a travesty to the sport if one of arguably the top five drivers in the field isn't on the grid without retiring by his own choice and Mclaren would undoubtedly lose a lot of their popularity, especially in the UK and probably even Japan which wouldn't be a good start for Honda's return. Hopefully they will come to their senses before it's too late.

From the way Button was talking it seems he already knows he won't be with McLaren next season :(

The 2 Mercedes were already faster than the 2004 pole lap.. But they're expecting rain on 14:00 local time which is exactly the time Qualifying will begin.  

mike96 said:
The 2 Mercedes were already faster than the 2004 pole lap.. But they're expecting rain on 14:00 local time which is exactly the time Qualifying will begin.  
No actually they got it rong in commentary. According to Wikipedia the fastest pole lap is 1:09.822, so its really close if the record were to be beaten. But yeah the rain might stop any chance of that happening sadly. :(

Now that's a surprise, so mr Rong is working for Sky F1? :p

Actually no Liam, you're rong. The 2004 pole lap was 1:10.646.