Sign in to follow this  

2014 Brazilian Grand Prix

mike96 said:
Now that's a surprise, so mr Rong is working for Sky F1? :p

Actually no Liam, you're rong. The 2004 pole lap was 1:10.646.
haha 

Yeah I guess I was rong as every other source I looked at also said I was rong which means that Wikipedia was rong as well, which unsurprisingly means that they don't rongfully live up to their name :p  

How rong was I, to say Mr Rong was rong? :p

Very Rong ;)

The thing is, wiki wasn't rong because we all forget about pre-quali, that's where that 1:09:8 was made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDfD0UiLUk4

mike96 said:
So I've checked my in-browser weather app (Opera 21 is awesome), which is usually pretty accurate in the UK for the remainder of the weekend. Qually will be quite wet, but not soaking, I wouldn't think (1.2mm of rain predicted between 12 & 2pm local), but given the heat and the slope, it will dry quickly, so the conditions could vary.
Sunday will be very wet, 3.9mm predicted in the same window, so probably safety car for the whole race.
Tough to predict, hey?
Fixed ;)
Seems as if he got in rong.

mike96 said:
So I've checked my in-browser weather app (Opera 21 is awesome), which is usually pretty accurate in the UK for the remainder of the weekend. Qually will be quite wet, but not soaking, I wouldn't think (1.2mm of rain predicted between 12 & 2pm local), but given the heat and the slope, it will dry quickly, so the conditions could vary.
Sunday will be very wet, 3.9mm predicted in the same window, so probably safety car for the whole race.
Tough to predict, hey?
Fixed ;)
Seems as if he got in rong.
*it, you're rong :p

mike96 said:
Hughesy said:
Who is this Mr Rrong? o:)
@ImRiteUrRong74‌ , ofcourse, who else?

And btw it's mr rong, not mr rrong, you were rong.

:p

I know, I was trying to be funny, whoosh...

Lewis had that but messed up his middle sector. 2nd is all he needed, and he always seems to pass Rosberg in the race. Should be a good one tomorrow.

If someone could look this up it would be cool, as I don't know when it was last done/if it's ever been done before. But if Rosberg wins the race tomorrow, he'll have led every single session of the weekend, even each of the 3 parts of qualifying. 

That relies on him winning, of course. One lap pace, as ever this season, hasn't proved to be the difficulty. Races generally do against Hamilton. 

Unless of course Massa does in very typical Massa style make an exuberant move in to the first corner to try and take the lead in front of his home fans, and in typical style also mess it up and take one or both Mercedes out the race. And then blame it all on them. 

VetteIfan said:
If someone could look this up it would be cool, as I don't know when it was last done/if it's ever been done before. But if Rosberg wins the race tomorrow, he'll have led every single session of the weekend, even each of the 3 parts of qualifying. 

That relies on him winning, of course. One lap pace, as ever this season, hasn't proved to be the difficulty. Races generally do against Hamilton. 

Unless of course Massa does in very typical Massa style make an exuberant move in to the first corner to try and take the lead in front of his home fans, and in typical style also mess it up and take one or both Mercedes out the race. And then blame it all on them. 
I don't know, but I'd guess probably Vettel has done it at some point, maybe towards the end of 2013 :p 

Didn't Lewis also manage to do that in Hungary 2012?

EDIT: Nope, he only lost out to Webber in P3, otherwise he was on top in every single session.

No surprises here, Michael Schumacher at the 2004 Australian Grand Prix, led every session, fastest lap, won the race, led every lap

No surprises here, Michael Schumacher at the 2004 Australian Grand Prix, led every session, fastest lap, won the race, led every lap
yeah I think he's the only one who has probably done it.

Every session apart from the 1st qualifying session  :p

Haha, well spotted. I'm actually quite intrigued now to know if anyone's ever done it. The closest Vettel got last year was India, where he topped every session except Q1. I'm thinking him or Schumacher are the most likely to have achieved it. Maybe even Button in his 2009 season. 

VetteIfan said:
Haha, well spotted. I'm actually quite intrigued now to know if anyone's ever done it. The closest Vettel got last year was India, where he topped every session except Q1. I'm thinking him or Schumacher are the most likely to have achieved it. Maybe even Button in his 2009 season. 
I think I've found one? 1998 Brazilian GP. Mika Häkkinen. Lead everything.

VetteIfan said:
I think I've found one? 1998 Brazilian GP. Mika Häkkinen. Lead everything.
Considering both McLaren's lapped the rest of the grid (maybe except for Schumi) that race, not surprising. :p

Agree with Alan Jones when he said the original layout was better than the current layout which the old circuit incorporated the lake.

VetteIfan said:
Not really, if there was a championship for FP back then it would have easily been Rosberg :p