Sign in to follow this  

2014 Brazilian Grand Prix

Agree with Alan Jones when he said the original layout was better than the current layout which the old circuit incorporated the lake.

Incorporated the lake?

Amphibious F1 cars!

Rosberg leads to just after the first pit stop, Hamilton overtakes into turn 1 and that's that.

I like the way the brazilians call their corners,  we call this one "curva 1 and this curva 2",  "oh and we will call this one curva 3" :D

I have a feeling something will go wrong for Lewis today  :# He's never been awesome at this track, I hope that changes today. 

SASBlink said:
I like the way the brazilians call their corners,  we call this one "curva 1 and this curva 2",  "oh and we will call this one curva 3" :D
well curva means turn, so its turn 1, turn 2 and turn 3..

Juncao (or Junção) means junction, Ferradura means Horseshoe, Curva do Sargento means Sargent's Turn, Reta Oposta means Opposite Straight, Curva do Sol means Sun's Turn, Laranja means orange, Pinheirinho means Small Pinetree, Cotovelo means Elbow, Mergulho means Dive

Do Williams sit down before a race weekend and come up with new ideas of how to ruin their races?

If Hamilton cut Rosbergs rear with his front wing in an attempt to overtake, I'd be VERY happy ;)
If he wants to emulate his hero he could do that at Abu double, thus double points wouldn't come to anything. o:) I don't think he would do that though.

So, Nico has led/won every session of the weekend. FP1, FP2, FP3, Q1, Q2, Q3 and the race. Can't take it away from him, he deserved that one. 

Not that it really makes too much difference in the title race however. He's still gonna have to hope something goes wrong for Lewis in Abu Dhabi, otherwise it should be easy for Lewis to cruise home 2nd. At least today he's ensured anywhere below 2nd for Lewis wouldn't do it for him so there's a little bit of pressure. 

That wasn't the most exciting races I've seen at Brazil... Now just for the silly double points race. Button shows he should be at McLaren next season, Ron if you get rid of him I hope your Honda engine is crap! 

Anything can happen for Lewis, SC at the wrong time, wrong strategy, mistake and that "easy" P2 is out of reach.

These next two weeks will cost me 5 years of my lifetime. I should've started smoking instead of supporting Hamilton, would've been more healthy.

Anything can happen for Lewis, SC at the wrong time, wrong strategy, mistake and that "easy" P2 is out of reach.

These next two weeks will cost me 5 years of my lifetime. I should've started smoking instead of supporting Hamilton, would've been more healthy.
And don't forget it's very hard to pass at Abu Dhabi , so if he finds a couple of cars between him and Rosberg then he might be stuck there for the whole race.

I smoke and support Lewis so how many years have I lost?  :# Well actually I vape so not technically smoking.

Hughesy said:

I smoke and support Lewis so how many years have I lost?  :# Well actually I vape so not technically smoking.
As long as you don't drink as much as Piquet did you should be fine.  ;)

Try Brazil 2012 :p

Nah, realistically all of the situations you mention Lewis has the ability to come back from because of how dominant the Mercedes is. Abu Dhabi is actually a very easy track to overtake on with DRS, so the only thing that could stop him is a car gremlin really. 

Anyway, back to today, interesting fact of the day - today Vettel was officially beaten by Ricciardo this season, meaning Bottas is now the only multi-year driver who's never been beaten by a teammate. 

Mclaren must be one of the worst teams when it comes to strategy decisions. They could of easily got Button in front of Massa but then they decided to wait 2 laps which cost him at least a shot at the podium. :neutral_face: 

VetteIfan said:
Anyway, back to today, interesting fact of the day - today Vettel was officially beaten by Ricciardo this season, meaning Bottas is now the only multi-year driver who's never been beaten by a teammate. 
.... meaning you Sir need to change your avatar pronto. And it better be one with Hamilton only, so you can't semi-cheat your way out of it by including another driver (preferably Vettel). :P