F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

2014 Brazilian Grand Prix

First of all, new pitlane entry 

So, rain is forecast for all 3 days. The championship leader has never won here and he mostly had bad races in Brazil so how will this affect the championship? Discuss.  

Hamilton to crash out and Rosberg to come home 2nd behind Felipe baby. You heard it here first.  :p
The Joke thread is in the offtopic section... :p

I seriously see this championship ending with two Hamilton retirements (one mechanical and one driver error). Not what I'm rooting for but what I feel will happen.

On topic, does the redone pit lane change the entrance so it isn't on the racing line?

fIsince08 said:
I thought it was going to be an all new pit lane on the straight after the Senna S?
Na that got scrapped. They are to improve the current pit complex instead.

Liam12d said:
fIsince08 said:
I thought it was going to be an all new pit lane on the straight after the Senna S?
Na that got scrapped. They are to improve the current pit complex instead.
Good, the old pits have character and have seen many epic moments :)

Hamilton has an horrendous history in Brazil. Lost a title there in 2007, nearly lost another there in 2008, broke down in 2011, got crashed in to by Hulkenberg in 2012, and crashed with Bottas in 2013. One podium in 7 years. Quite ironic at the home of the driver he aspires to emulate. 

I don't think he'll have the same troubles this weekend though. If he wins I'm gonna be making a one off special appearance as a Hamilton fan for Abu Dhabi, because I don't want double points to cock up this championship when in any other season he'd be world champion. 

VetteIfan said:
I don't think he'll have the same troubles this weekend though. If he wins I'm gonna be making a one off special appearance as a Hamilton fan for Abu Dhabi, because I don't want double points to cock up this championship when in any other season he'd be world champion. 
My life is complete.

im going for jenson button if its raining. if he does retire after abu dhabi  it would be good to see him win one more time and a wet interlagos is ideal for him to get a final win

I always love the Brazilian GP, so hopefully it will give us a good race on Sunday.

Come on Lewis!

VetteIfan said:
My life is complete.
Well, earlier on this year after Spa you actually stated you were starting to like Vettel slightly, so I guess we're both softening up in our old(er) age :p

Nah but on a serious note, I'd be lying if I said Rosberg wasn't my favourite of the two. But the unbiased F1 fan inside me knows it would be wrong for a driver to win the title in such circumstances and 2014 would, at least in my eyes, be marred. Taking away all driver preferences and loyalties, the pure racing fan inside me doesn't want such a great season to go down that way in the history books. 

fIsince08 said:
They are still going to build the new pits on the current straight but will be completely demolished, they only upgraded the current pits for this race only.

Autosport

VetteIfan said:
Hamilton has an horrendous history in Brazil. Lost a title there in 2007, nearly lost another there in 2008, broke down in 2011, got crashed in to by Hulkenberg in 2012, and crashed with Bottas in 2013. One podium in 7 years. Quite ironic at the home of the driver he aspires to emulate. 

Hamilton's record in Abu Dhabi isn't too good aswell breaking down in 2009 and 2012 on road to victory

VetteIfan said:

Hamilton's record in Abu Dhabi isn't too good aswell breaking down in 2009 and 2012 on road to victory
Thing is they were both on way to victory. His pace at Abu Dhabi is probably better than anyone else

Yeah, him or vettel imo since its ALWAYS been them 2 in 1st or 2nd
Except for '09 when Hamilton retired, and '11 when Vettel retired, and '12 when Hamilton retired, and '13 when Hamilton finished 7th ;)