Sign in to follow this  

Too many tyres

there was an issue with last years game where you had access to an extra set of option tyres ONLINE.
This year there appears to be a further issue with extra tyres.

In short:
 two problems
1) - The game allocates 5 sets of Options for a race in all modes when you should only have access to 3 sets of Options for a race.
AND
2) - If you use Short Quali weekend you can start on any set of tyre you like regardless of where you placed in Quali (if you place top 10 you are supposed to start on the tyres you set your fastest lap with)

In long:
The F1 rules are pretty clear when it comes down to how many tyre sets are given at the beginning of the race weekend and when you have to return sets. I'll just run through the dry tyre allocation because this is where the problem lies. The rules can be found here: http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8680/

P1 - the teams have 7 sets Primes and 6 sets Option at the start of this session. One set of Primes can be used in the first 30 minuets of practice then must be returned. Another set of Primes must be returned before the start of P2. So.....
P2 - the teams have 5 sets Primes and 6 sets Options at the start of this session. One set of Primes and one set of Options must be returned before P3. So....
P3 - the teams have 4 sets of Primes and 5 sets of Options at the start of this session. This is where the game starts for us so this is the tyre allocation we should have, however the game shows 6 option sets with one set greyed out and this is incorrect. After P3 one set of Primes and one set of Options must be returned before the start of Quali. So....
Quali - the teams have 3 sets of Primes and 4 sets of Options at the start of this session, however one set of these Options can only be used if the driver progresses to Q3. Whether the driver progresses to Q3 or not those Option tyres must be returned before the start of the race leaving them with 3 sets of Primes and 3 sets of Option for the race. That's it!

So, the game allocates too many Option sets in Career, Online, GP mode, and likely in Co-op as well (although i haven't verified co-op).
Further to this - a driver who progresses to Q3 must start the race on the tyres he set his fastest lap with from Q2. This works in Full Quali weekend mode but not in short Quali weekend mode. If you set it to Short Quali you can start on any tyre you like before the race and have access to 5 sets of Options in the race when you should only have access to 3 sets

Please fix this, it should be easy to fix.

No chance, they couldn't even be bothered to remove the extra sets when they removed 2 practice sessions from the game... Here's what you could have used if we hadn't taken away your practice sessions. Amateur.

correction: many people will be buying an expensive console, the game, AND a wheel. For me here in Canada that could be close to $1000 total (if i want a decent FFB wheel). That's simply too much for me. I'll be racing this game well past the release of 2015, so' i'd kinda like them to fix it.