Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AI slower than expected

Hi. The ai this year is much slower, on lap 1, when driving in a convoy line, and exits slower from many corner, things that didnt happen on 2017. I say Im very disapointed because f1 game was my favourite racing game because of the great ai, but not this year. Please cm try to address ai performance in future patches.

Im assuming youre on 110 difficulty correct?
Whats the difficulty got to do with it if hes playing on a competitive difficult then it shouldent matter if u play on 110 or 80 as long as he hasent got it on low for easy wins and like he said its only on lap 1 sk assuming thats not the case havent bought the game me self yet still on 17 but know from videos I seen before release the a1 looked super easy to over take on first lap 

patronas said:
Im assuming youre on 110 difficulty correct?
Whats the difficulty got to do with it if hes playing on a competitive difficult then it shouldent matter if u play on 110 or 80 as long as he hasent got it on low for easy wins and like he said its only on lap 1 sk assuming thats not the case havent bought the game me self yet still on 17 but know from videos I seen before release the a1 looked super easy to over take on first lap 
He is saying the AI is slow on corner exits, the corner exit speed should be affected by the difficulty level.

The AI. are so stupid in corners and in trains . Really slow which takes away the realism to a good game.  I do like the aggressive AI when there is no obstacles though  

The AI. are so stupid in corners and in trains . Really slow which takes away the realism to a good game.  I do like the aggressive AI when there is no obstacles though  
Completly agreed. To be honest I dont know what happened to the great f1 ai this year. For now I'm going back to 2017 until devs review and fix the ai, I hope they will.

I thought it has been objectively proven the AI is faster in 2018 than 2017 on a few different YouTube channels. 

Im a F1 noob and on AI 90 with no assists wondering how the fark all you guys are doing 110. 

I thought it has been objectively proven the AI is faster in 2018 than 2017 on a few different YouTube channels. 

Im a F1 noob and on AI 90 with no assists wondering how the fark all you guys are doing 110. 
By severe corner cutting and torpedoing the AI for overtakes by the majority of videos I see lol!

One thing I know: in several corners I can catch with the car in front and run away from the one behind very easily. And the same thing when they drive in line close to each others. That's what happens to me and didnt in 2017. I still didnt have time doing to work but i'll see a replay from an ai cockpit perspective and try to find out some kind of manouvre they're lacking. With a little bit more experience with the game seems like its not just on corner exit but also through all the corner phases.

Well speaking for me, I took racing classes and race cars since I'm a kid. This is my world, unfortunatly not my work lol