Sign in to follow this  

[Rant] This game is just trash

• Practise programmes are impossible, requires a pace that doesn't even fit the programme; Tyre management; Fuel; Practise qualification  all just require a pace that can't be achieved without either using to much wear; fuel or AI times are just insane.
  • Flashback lag, makes using flashbacks completely pointless, how did you manage to F this one up? Didn't happen in 2017, don't you just copy n paste your games though?
  • Can't install this game and Project Cars 2 at the same time with Logitech wheel, otherwise accelerator pedal no longer works, clutch pedal becomes accelerator and FFB stops working correctly. (in F1 2017 & 2018)
  • Super license is completely pointless, not even implemented into custom lobbies, so no clean racing when you have an open lobby with friends.
  • Ranked is full of idiots, always smashing into each other and still gaining a safety rating of B.
  • F1 2018 is full of the same bugs as 2016 and 2017, it's not even excusable. 
  • You still have not fixed the issue of Alt+tabbing lowering other application volumes such as Discord. Though I have found a fix for it, there shouldn't be a need for one.

Honestly, the FIA need to get a new studio to make it's official F1 games. I bet the Assetto Corsa devs could create an amazing F1 title.

I agree with that first point. Aside from race pace, track aclimization, and tire management i cannot complete the other ones with AI at 101%. The time for fuel and ERS managment and qual pace are just ridiculous. Especially for a William's car in their 1st season.

The practice programs aren't too bad, most of the tracks they can all be completed without a setup. There are of course some bad ones like Baku (and a couple of programs at Bahrain) which just have unrealistic expectations and I could only get anywhere near them by using a setup. I think this is because the AI and these program deltas seem to have way more straight line speed than the player for some reason lol.

But I agree with most of the other stuff, especially about bugs. So many online and with the ranking system that i've just gone back to iRacing and probably will only be playing the f1 game a tiny tiny bit until they finally fix all the glitches which are making online almost unplayable at the moment aha. Hopefully it will be fixed

Hopefully

The practice programs aren't too bad, most of the tracks they can all be completed without a setup. There are of course some bad ones like Baku (and a couple of programs at Bahrain) which just have unrealistic expectations and I could only get anywhere near them by using a setup. I think this is because the AI and these program deltas seem to have way more straight line speed than the player for some reason lol.

But I agree with most of the other stuff, especially about bugs. So many online and with the ranking system that i've just gone back to iRacing and probably will only be playing the f1 game a tiny tiny bit until they finally fix all the glitches which are making online almost unplayable at the moment aha. Hopefully it will be fixed

Hopefully

I noticed in your signature you are an F1 esports racer, so things might be a little easier for you hehe.
I used to race on F1 2017 at 100AI with no issues, the programmes were doable and the races were fun, but in F1 2018 I honestly can't get any practise programme completed except for the damn Track acclimatisation, everything else requires qualifying pace and that just doesn't make sense, fuel saving programme to get within the delta I have run rich mix and hotlap just to stay within the delta on straights, the instant I have crossed the start line I'm already 0.020 down and climbing. I started a new career last night in a Sauber (original chose Williams) and I have the same problem, I was hoping maybe it was a glitch because I had started the career on Day 1 of release or something (was being hopeful)

..., fuel saving programme to get within the delta I have run rich mix and hotlap just to stay within the delta on straights, the instant I have crossed the start line I'm already 0.020 down and climbing.
Uh..you cant run rich mix in fuel saving program. You have to run standard and it doesnt let you change it. 

DPaton23 said:
..., fuel saving programme to get within the delta I have run rich mix and hotlap just to stay within the delta on straights, the instant I have crossed the start line I'm already 0.020 down and climbing.
Uh..you cant run rich mix in fuel saving program. You have to run standard and it doesnt let you change it. 
I meant tyre management programme, my bad.

Also just had a Ranked match where myself and a friend who was in the same lobby, we both had no car sound at all. Great game! another 2017 bug.

DPaton23 said:
I agree with that first point. Aside from race pace, track aclimization, and tire management i cannot complete the other ones with AI at 101%. The time for fuel and ERS managment and qual pace are just ridiculous. Especially for a William's car in their 1st season.
ERS is fairly easy in the Williams. 

If you're on a controller assign ERS to your right thumbstick and turn it down to off on braking zones and medium the rest of the lap... You get purple every time and finish comfortably under the delta set. 

If you need some extra power then bump it up to high for a bit and you should still get purple. The key is having ERS turned off in braking zones and round corners I think. 

BiggyT said:
DPaton23 said:
ERS is fairly easy in the Williams. 

If you're on a controller assign ERS to your right thumbstick and turn it down to off on braking zones and medium the rest of the lap... You get purple every time and finish comfortably under the delta set. 

If you need some extra power then bump it up to high for a bit and you should still get purple. The key is having ERS turned off in braking zones and round corners I think. 
I am on a wheel.  Thrustmaster TX with F1 rim.  I have no problem managing the ERS, its the delta times I cannot get under.  Like was stated above by OP, when I cross the start/finish line I am already almost a half second too slow at every track.  Its just freaking impossible. 

So easy then right. You think the game is trash? Dont play it. I really hate it that people are starting these threads just to hate on the game and on codies. I think they are doing an excellent job and have once again made a sublime game. Really people get your act together and go hate somewhere else...

Qrazzo said:
So easy then right. You think the game is trash? Dont play it. I really hate it that people are starting these threads just to hate on the game and on codies. I think they are doing an excellent job and have once again made a sublime game. Really people get your act together and go hate somewhere else...
Do you honestly think this game is a step up from 2017 and worth a whole new price tag? Codies are taking us for a ride on the call of duty train. The games are getting worse each year.

And please explain to me this: is it acceptable for this game, to have bugs that existed in the previous titles? And if yes, why?

**edit**  I uninstalled it this morning, pending further improvements.

GeoshotTV said:

I noticed in your signature you are an F1 esports racer, so things might be a little easier for you hehe.
I used to race on F1 2017 at 100AI with no issues, the programmes were doable and the races were fun, but in F1 2018 I honestly can't get any practise programme completed except for the damn Track acclimatisation, everything else requires qualifying pace and that just doesn't make sense, fuel saving programme to get within the delta I have run rich mix and hotlap just to stay within the delta on straights, the instant I have crossed the start line I'm already 0.020 down and climbing. I started a new career last night in a Sauber (original chose Williams) and I have the same problem, I was hoping maybe it was a glitch because I had started the career on Day 1 of release or something (was being hopeful)
Aha maybe ;) The AI are a bit faster this time compared to last game, so that might be a factor if you struggle at the same difficulty you used before, because it is really like you are now on something like 110 for F1 2017 standards if you use 100 on 2018 haha.

I also think once they give the AI the same speed on the straights as the users, you will notice everything will be more achieveable. Especially at those power dependant tracks, you can easily lose .5 - 1 second on the AI just through them having way more straight line speed at the tracks with long straights. That's why Baku and Bahrain the difficulty seems way higher compared to the others. And I'm pretty sure the practice program delta times are just based off what they have programmed the AI pace as

(no idea why my phone has a different account for these forums saved as my computer tho hahahah)

GeoshotTV said:
Honestly, the FIA need to get a new studio to make it's official F1 games. I bet the Assetto Corsa devs could create an amazing F1 title.
Sorry to break your bubble, but it's not FIA handling the licensing of the official F1 game, it's FOM/Liberty Media.
And I bet, that even Assetto Corsa devs couldn't create an "amazing" F1 title on time frame Codemasters is having to work with. Roughly 1 year (less, in reality, more like 8 to 10 months, is probably closer to the actual time of development) is not enough to develop bug free game, we have seen it with so many other game series, that it's actually not fun anymore. Yearly Need For Speed installments: The franchise nearly died; yearly Assassin's Creed installments: Full of bugs and started to be repetitive, also, the franchise nearly died.

F1 2018 is step up from 2017, no matter what you think and say about it. Yes, it has same bugs and glitches, but for those, who don't have issues with it, it is indeed step up from 2017. While it indeed isn't acceptable, that the game is having same bugs, that last years, and even 2016 had, to some degree, you need to remember, that there really are players, who haven't had single issue with the game. They are just as much entitled to have their own personal opinion about the game, just as you are entitled to have your own personal opinion about the game.
And while I have said this once, and will say it again (while I can't any way prove, that it would actually be truth here) Codemasters only have roughly 1 year to develop the game, probably closer to 8 to 10 months, and they have limited time per day to make the game. This here might (note, this is big might) lead them to take shortcuts with the game: Copy/paste stuff from previous years game. Thus transitioning the bugs previous game had to the new game. Which makes it even less acceptable, but what's done is done.
Unfortunately, they have to make yearly installments to keep FOM/Liberty Media happy.

@VPnorfolkblue does this mean the AI get faster straightline speed without a compromised downforce package. At bahrain I had to lower downforce to match Lance on tbe straights but the car just was not stable on long runs.

I just assumes the AI uses a different downforce package not an AI mess up.

Tunari89 said:
GeoshotTV said:
Sorry to break your bubble, but it's not FIA handling the licensing of the official F1 game, it's FOM/Liberty Media.
And I bet, that even Assetto Corsa devs couldn't create an "amazing" F1 title on time frame Codemasters is having to work with. Roughly 1 year (less, in reality, more like 8 to 10 months, is probably closer to the actual time of development) is not enough to develop bug free game, we have seen it with so many other game series, that it's actually not fun anymore. Yearly Need For Speed installments: The franchise nearly died; yearly Assassin's Creed installments: Full of bugs and started to be repetitive, also, the franchise nearly died.

F1 2018 is step up from 2017, no matter what you think and say about it. Yes, it has same bugs and glitches, but for those, who don't have issues with it, it is indeed step up from 2017. While it indeed isn't acceptable, that the game is having same bugs, that last years, and even 2016 had, to some degree, you need to remember, that there really are players, who haven't had single issue with the game. They are just as much entitled to have their own personal opinion about the game, just as you are entitled to have your own personal opinion about the game.
And while I have said this once, and will say it again (while I can't any way prove, that it would actually be truth here) Codemasters only have roughly 1 year to develop the game, probably closer to 8 to 10 months, and they have limited time per day to make the game. This here might (note, this is big might) lead them to take shortcuts with the game: Copy/paste stuff from previous years game. Thus transitioning the bugs previous game had to the new game. Which makes it even less acceptable, but what's done is done.
Unfortunately, they have to make yearly installments to keep FOM/Liberty Media happy.
Finally an intelligent comment

@VPnorfolkblue does this mean the AI get faster straightline speed without a compromised downforce package. At bahrain I had to lower downforce to match Lance on tbe straights but the car just was not stable on long runs.

I just assumes the AI uses a different downforce package not an AI mess up.
Yes I think so, I don't notice any compromise in their cornering. And I'm not too shabby in the corners if I may say so myself lol.

I think it's extremely unlikely that the AI have some special low df setup they use. I know some cheeky setups myself which give better straight line speed with barely any compromise to cornering ability (and only a small compromise to rear stability). But the chances of the devs finding a similar setup, and putting it onto the AI cars, seems reaaaallly low. Pretty sure they are on default (or very similar to default) setups, but just have greater straight line speed.

Having said all that, the max AI pace is still beatable without assists at almost all tracks, even using default setup. Only places with massive straights are a bit of a struggle because of this as I mentioned earlier. 

I play on a pad no assists so its a challenge for me on 100. 

But stroll is 6-7 kph faster without me adjusting downforce seems very unfair in the race.
You know its bad when a mclaren is only a few kph slower!

GeoshotTV said:
  • Practise programmes are impossible, requires a pace that doesn't even fit the programme; Tyre management; Fuel; Practise qualification  all just require a pace that can't be achieved without either using to much wear; fuel or AI times are just insane.
  • Flashback lag, makes using flashbacks completely pointless, how did you manage to F this one up? Didn't happen in 2017, don't you just copy n paste your games though?
  • Can't install this game and Project Cars 2 at the same time with Logitech wheel, otherwise accelerator pedal no longer works, clutch pedal becomes accelerator and FFB stops working correctly. (in F1 2017 & 2018)
  • Super license is completely pointless, not even implemented into custom lobbies, so no clean racing when you have an open lobby with friends.
  • Ranked is full of idiots, always smashing into each other and still gaining a safety rating of B.
  • You still have not fixed the issue of Alt+tabbing lowering other application volumes such as Discord. Though I have found a fix for it, there shouldn't be a need for one.

Could you provide any more info on this? I have this exact problem but assumed it was hardware and ordered another brake pedal which didn't resolve. 

FRACTURED said:
GeoshotTV said:

Could you provide any more info on this? I have this exact problem but assumed it was hardware and ordered another brake pedal which didn't resolve. 
I'm not sure which application is at fault here, but if you are experiencing the same problem then this is how you can fix it.

Open Regedit and navigate to: 
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F

Make sure these values are as follows, if they are not then change them. 
OEMName: "Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB"
OEMData: 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00

In my case, OEMData was 
03 00 08 10 19 00 00 00, which was causing my problems with FFB and pedal axis.

REBOOT your PC after making these changes.
I then suggest you export the key to a file on your desktop, so if the issue ever reoccurs you can just quickly fix it with a merge of the .reg file.

Tunari89 said:
GeoshotTV said:

Well you are not really breaking my bubble, it doesn't matter if it's the FIA or Liberty, the facts remain the same this is some Anti Consumer crap being pulled here. If it were entirely possible i would refund my copy of F1 2018 in a heart beat. I've been playing Dirt Rally all day, another Codemasters title, which also had a very rocky start but they had a lot longer to work on that title and make it amazing, unfortunately we won't see that level of love to any F1 title created by Codemasters as like you said, have probably around 2 months before they start working on their next copy and paste F1 game.

**edit** if they are so constrained on time for development, then they simply need to hire more people, making a crappy game isn't good for the consumer or the business.

DPaton23 said:
... The time for fuel and ERS managment and qual pace are just ridiculous. Especially for a William's car in their 1st season.
I dont mean to smartazz, but isn't that a sign of reality? Williams really is wayyy off the mark this year...
after a couple of seasons playing, with R&D  beefing up your ingame-car, it sure would get better, wouldn't it?

GeoshotTV said:
FRACTURED said:i
GeoshotTV said:

I'm not sure which application is at fault here, but if you are experiencing the same problem then this is how you can fix it.

Open Regedit and navigate to: 
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F

Make sure these values are as follows, if they are not then change them. 
OEMName: "Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB"
OEMData: 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00

In my case, OEMData was 03 00 08 10 19 00 00 00, which was causing my problems with FFB and pedal axis.

REBOOT your PC after making these changes.
I then suggest you export the key to a file on your desktop, so if the issue ever reoccurs you can just quickly fix it with a merge of the .reg file.

Damn I'm on xbox lol will check all this on PC with calibration etc 

Thanks for the info 

Tunari89 said:
GeoshotTV said:

I fully agree with the above.
The only thing I dont understand about the whole Copy Paste Coding scene :
Why Fix say F 1 2017 to a very stable state , but when you then Copy the Code over as your Baseline Code for F 1 2018 , do you then go and Copy the "Original" Buggy Code  , instead of the Patched up Stable Code ?

DPaton23 said:
... The time for fuel and ERS managment and qual pace are just ridiculous. Especially for a William's car in their 1st season.
I dont mean to smartazz, but isn't that a sign of reality? Williams really is wayyy off the mark this year...
after a couple of seasons playing, with R&D  beefing up your ingame-car, it sure would get better, wouldn't it?
But these why would the team set you goals the car isn't capable of reaching? Is that not what the FP programmes are? team objectives?

Tunari89 said:
GeoshotTV said:

I fully agree with the above.
The only thing I dont understand about the whole Copy Paste Coding scene :
Why Fix say F 1 2017 to a very stable state , but when you then Copy the Code over as your Baseline Code for F 1 2018 , do you then go and Copy the "Original" Buggy Code  , instead of the Patched up Stable Code ?
Its the same story with them every year amd every year the fan bois defend them and blatantly ignore the copypasta. “Poor codies only have a year to make the game” yada yada yada. No ones forcing them, its just their cash cow and will remain that way till ppl stop feeding the machine. Just like tiger woods games used to be and cod games are becoming now. Yearly regurgitated garbage that eventually ppl will stop paying for and theyll move on. 

I don't think the practice programs are crap. I can manage some programs in purple, some in green. ERS i didn't solve due to the expected time from the team. I could reach the delta time, but only with higher ERS settings and then the program would be in the red zone. But i'm not really good at the moment on this track because my teammate is way faster then i am. So i think, if i get used to the track more and reduce my laptimes, the practice programs could all be finished in purple. I didn't decrease the AI because i know there are some other tracks where i perform better.