Jump to content Jump to content

[Rant] This game is just trash

GeoshotTV

AcidBurn247 said:
I fully agree with the above. 
The only thing I dont understand about the whole Copy Paste Coding scene :
Why Fix say F 1 2017 to a very stable state , but when you then Copy the Code over as your Baseline Code for F 1 2018 , do you then go and Copy the "Original" Buggy Code  , instead of the Patched up Stable Code ?
That's actually what I have been wondering too. But it's only possible explanation (that I can think of, anyways) to the same bugs, that previous games have had at launch being in 2018 at launch.
But, like I have stated, I can't prove this to be truth. It's just speculation, bad at that, but still just a speculation. 
All I can say is, that I personally haven't had that many problems with the game (other, than the bug with AI driver's getting stuck into pit exit). And I haven't tested the online portion of the game yet. Well, to be honest, I have never played any F1 game I have had online. Never really have had interest in that side of the game... So that is one main reason why I haven't had that many issues with the games...
I agree the practice times are unrealistic for practice pace, the times are pretty similar in expectation to race and quali. But its a bit over the top calling the best F1 game to date trash! After all they are still improving the game, its still heads and shoulders above 2017. But Codies are busy trying to get detail from issues but only getting rants so imagine being in their position trying to make a game that some seem never to be happy with no matter what.
GeoshotTV said:
DPaton23 said:
... The time for fuel and ERS managment and qual pace are just ridiculous. Especially for a William's car in their 1st season.
I dont mean to smartazz, but isn't that a sign of reality? Williams really is wayyy off the mark this year...
after a couple of seasons playing, with R&D  beefing up your ingame-car, it sure would get better, wouldn't it?
But these why would the team set you goals the car isn't capable of reaching? Is that not what the FP programmes are? team objectives?
Sorry to break it to you, but the car is capable, you are not. I have no problem with them except quali pace on some tracks.
simon7109 said:
GeoshotTV said:
DPaton23 said:
... The time for fuel and ERS managment and qual pace are just ridiculous. Especially for a William's car in their 1st season.
I dont mean to smartazz, but isn't that a sign of reality? Williams really is wayyy off the mark this year...
after a couple of seasons playing, with R&D  beefing up your ingame-car, it sure would get better, wouldn't it?
But these why would the team set you goals the car isn't capable of reaching? Is that not what the FP programmes are? team objectives?
Sorry to break it to you, but the car is capable, you are not. I have no problem with them except quali pace on some tracks.
Wow easy there internet tough guy.
Why do people play the game at 90% of the game’s max difficulty then moan about not being able to do it. Maybe you’re not as good as you think you are.  Pop the AI level back a bit. 

Indeed this is precisely why also I judge the game's difficulty based on the games practice programs and not specifically the AI. Because if I can't pass the practice programs what is the point?
I'm loving F1 2018 tbh. I know quite a few people may be having some issues here and there but I'm having a great time with it. Admittedly it's my first F1 games with my new steering wheel and pedal setup( Thrustmaster .t150 with t3pa peddles) which is making it much more enjoyable after all those years using a pad. Alot of the problems mentioned I'm simply not have or haven't noticed anyhow. Slowly increased the AI level up to 105 now and it's just about right for me whilst I'm getting used to using a steering wheel for the first time. Just wish they would fix the flashback bug which is very annoying. Best codemasters F1 game they've done imo
SpecialT said:
I'm loving F1 2018 tbh. I know quite a few people may be having some issues here and there but I'm having a great time with it. Admittedly it's my first F1 games with my new steering wheel and pedal setup( Thrustmaster .t150 with t3pa peddles) which is making it much more enjoyable after all those years using a pad. Alot of the problems mentioned I'm simply not have or haven't noticed anyhow. Slowly increased the AI level up to 105 now and it's just about right for me whilst I'm getting used to using a steering wheel for the first time. Just wish they would fix the flashback bug which is very annoying. Best codemasters F1 game they've done imo

Yeah I've not started career yet but the few short races I've done I enjoyed. Aside from all the frame rate stuttering I like 2017 too which I alsio suffered from in 18  a little bi tbut I think that may be down to the fact I need to tweak the graphics settings a little bit on my PC.
I’m not getting any issues with my McLaren in its first season on any of the practice programs.  I’m running the game at 90% AI with no flashbacks.  I can race at 100% with flashbacks because I’m pushing more and make more mistakes.  ERS is easy just turn it to overtake at the last corner before the start of the lap and then low or none at the start of your lap.  Then turn it to medium on straight sections and low on corner sections.  Fuel is easy as well - just lift and coast also keep it 1 gear higher through corners than you would in qualifying mode (same with tyre wear).
Why do people play the game at 90% of the game’s max difficulty then moan about not being able to do it. Maybe you’re not as good as you think you are.  Pop the AI level back a bit. 

Indeed this is precisely why also I judge the game's difficulty based on the games practice programs and not specifically the AI. Because if I can't pass the practice programs what is the point?
Well because on all previous games this was the setting I used, so it makes sense to pick it again right?
after patch 1.6 most of my career mode issues in terms of practise programs and AI are gone, i am actually finding 100 a little too easy now and might turn it up to around 104-106.

I noticed though Flashbacks still lag badly, they have been find in every other codies title, so how they managed to screw them up here is beyond me.
simon7109 said:
GeoshotTV said:
DPaton23 said:
Or maybe the bugs that effected me are not effecting you? Mr Smart arse.
In any case, after 1.6 this is no longer an issue, so i guess it wasn't me huh? Sorry to break it to you.

Archived