Sign in to follow this  

How many Resource Points per Practice Lap?

Hallo all,

has anyone yet figured out any correllation between the number of laps run
in any free practice session in F1 2018 career mode, and the number of
resource points awarded for that?

In F1 2017 it was "laps driven, capped at 10 laps" and one point per lap.
In the first practice in the career i just started in F1 2018, i ran 36 Laps in FP1
(actually i ran the supersoft tyres til the left front blew :wink: )
and got 50 resource points for my troubles..

Thx xya'll!

Thx for your reply ThunderCats.

So there's still no real incentive to drive more laps then? Damn...

it would be sooo great, if there was like a "2 points per lap no matter how many you drive" or something rule...
So driving more laps gets rewarded with more R&D-points and quicker R&D-results...

Codies? Hear this? :-)

I think the minimum number of laps to get 50 points is 10. I did FP3 in 11 laps and still got 50 resource points
Do you know if this includes the programmes? Or are these separate extra laps we can get additional points?

So you invest a lot in durability or you take the penalties for new engine parts? I try to do the minimum amount of laps in practice to save my engine parts.

So you invest a lot in durability or you take the penalties for new engine parts? I try to do the minimum amount of laps in practice to save my engine parts.
That's what i do, knock out the programs and don't even bother with fp3 to save wear, i still invest a little in durability but an incentive to do more practice laps would get me out there. Maybe bonus for completing x amount of laps over the 3 sessions or finishing in the top x number on the time sheets in all 3 sessions depending on the team you choose.

Exactly, I have upgraded every part in durability to level 1. If you then do only the practice programs you should be able to make it the whole season with your engine parts. Only had to take 1 penalty in my first season.

I invest more in durability the first 5 or so races. Would like to think I'm being fair up against AI although someone will probably tell me AI don't suffer component wear, but don't dampen my imagination please ☺ of course I'll still expect to take some penalties further in the season. I've just finished my 5th race and already AI taking a fair few grid penalties. 

I think the minimum number of laps to get 50 points is 10. I did FP3 in 11 laps and still got 50 resource points
Do you know if this includes the programmes? Or are these separate extra laps we can get additional points?
Afaik you get 5 points for each completed lap, capped at 50 points per session and yes, laps in programmes count towards that.

I do enough practice programs to get maximum resource points. In the first 2 practice sessions you use a different engine to the one you race with anyway but yes, I have invested in durability

I do enough practice programs to get maximum resource points. In the first 2 practice sessions you use a different engine to the one you race with anyway but yes, I have invested in durability
You only use different gears in the first two practice sessions 

I've no issue wearing parts for R&D points. If it was only a point per lap its not worth it but if its 10 I would happily do 10 laps even if I finished all the programmes and didn't need to do P3 which uses the race gearbox. I'm used to starting low or at the back due to changes with the McLaren, its all part of the great fight up field.