Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox One - Very low FPS in Multiplayer Sessions

chrisskramer

hi there,

well, i got the orginal xbox one and my game has very low fps in mulitplayer lobbies (private and public). im talkin about 15-20 fps or something. its nearly unplayable.
some of my friends also have the original xbox one, and they dont have that issue. its just in multiplayer, from 2 or more players. my internet connection is very high, so it has nothing to do with it. and the career mode runs perfectly. anyone got an idea what i can do?

best regards

chris

Could be hardware/age. Does it sound like it wants to lift off with crazy fan speeds? If you have the tools it's not too difficult to open it up and clean it out, it'll probably have a lot of fluff and dust built up.

If at all possible try and pick up a 240gb+ ssd or even 7200rpm HDD and case/caddie/cradle and put most used games on that. External USB is faster than internal.

Factory reset can also help them.

Even if you do the two that are free you should see some sort of benefit. My day one was fine for fifa, gears and GTA but NBA 2K18 and PCars used to sound like a rocket launching and seemed to stutter or freeze more often. Haven't had any issues with F1 so far other than the usual screen tearing and FPS drops in online or near on track big screens. 
FRACTURED said:
Could be hardware/age. Does it sound like it wants to lift off with crazy fan speeds? If you have the tools it's not too difficult to open it up and clean it out, it'll probably have a lot of fluff and dust built up.

If at all possible try and pick up a 240gb+ ssd or even 7200rpm HDD and case/caddie/cradle and put most used games on that. External USB is faster than internal.

Factory reset can also help them.

Even if you do the two that are free you should see some sort of benefit. My day one was fine for fifa, gears and GTA but NBA 2K18 and PCars used to sound like a rocket launching and seemed to stutter or freeze more often. Haven't had any issues with F1 so far other than the usual screen tearing and FPS drops in online or near on track big screens. 
thx for your tips, i made a console reset but sadly it doesnt help.
DukeAgain said:
I have this problem when qualifying online against my mates,makes it almost impossible to compete,does not happen all the time though and never seems to happen in a race. Looks like its time for a new console.
codemasters should optimize the game. this is just poor or lazy work.

Not sure then. if factory reset has done nothing there's limited things you can try. You could maybe try running it in 720p mode and see if you get more frame. There's not much else I can think of. When I had issues in the '16 Beta with OG there wasn't really anything they could do to help me. Just ended up resetting and trying an SSD. It only really helps with load times in specific games. With F1 I have to pretend what drops there are, are caused by bumpy tracks...
FRACTURED said:
DukeAgain said:
I have this problem when qualifying online against my mates,makes it almost impossible to compete,does not happen all the time though and never seems to happen in a race. Looks like its time for a new console.
codemasters should optimize the game. this is just poor or lazy work.

Not sure then. if factory reset has done nothing there's limited things you can try. You could maybe try running it in 720p mode and see if you get more frame. There's not much else I can think of. When I had issues in the '16 Beta with OG there wasn't really anything they could do to help me. Just ended up resetting and trying an SSD. It only really helps with load times in specific games. With F1 I have to pretend what drops there are, are caused by bumpy tracks...
i think i will buy an ssd. that should solve it, my buddy who also plays it on an original xbox one, have installed it on a ssd.

Archived