Jump to content Jump to content

Penalty bug, but with explanation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbp3BtPsc4U&feature=youtu.be
This touch of wheels results in me on the right getting a penalty even though I am clearly the only one making any effort to avoid it.

However, although I am moving to the right in relation to the track, I'm still turning the wheel slightly left to match the curve, so the game logic has interpreted this as me turning-in on the AI whilst he's driving in a straight line. If you remove the track from the equation that's exactly what's happened. 
They don't show pen on flashback. It was fairly instant though and I didn't feel anything, that's why I used flashback to see what on Earth it could have been.The pen is somewhere in that video.

I didn't post it to make fun of penalty logic, just to show Codies where there is a possible bug and a solution. In this case, I think it's because their logic as to who's turned in on who doesn't take the shape of the track into account.
They don't show pen on flashback. It was fairly instant though and I didn't feel anything, that's why I used flashback to see what on Earth it could have been.The pen is somewhere in that video.

I didn't post it to make fun of penalty logic, just to show Codies where there is a possible bug and a solution. In this case, I think it's because their logic as to who's turned in on who doesn't take the shape of the track into account.
This is quite possible and I've wondered the same thing many times. CM has much to learn, even from decade old games that got right what CM can't.