F1 2018 can't use flashbacks

Question

Hi I installed the game yesteday. When I try to use a flashback or when I crash or mid save the game, cant use them. It loads the repetition, and doesnt reacts to the controls. Also cannot go back. Im using the game with a logitech g27, and doesnt react to the wheel buttons or the keyborad ones. But if a choose photomode recognise all the commands. The only way to get out of the flashback screen is to close the game. I dont have this problem in any other part of the game, only in the flashback screen.

12 answers to this question

Hi both,

Could you confirm which platforms you are on please? 

I have a very similar issue. During a race if I use the flashback, the game will lag, the car will rev up, and it will smash me into a wall. The video is frozen for 1-2 seconds while the car is actually moving (the rev up) and receiving input from the controls. This started to occur after the patch. Game is unplayable at its current state. I am on PC, Windows 10.

I have the same problem with the flashbacks, and even in cutscenes I can't skip it. It shows the enter button's icon, but it doesn't work. I'm on PC, and I'm using a Logitech Momo wheel.

lesza1 said:
I have the same problem with the flashbacks, and even in cutscenes I can't skip it. It shows the enter button's icon, but it doesn't work. I'm on PC, and I'm using a Logitech Momo wheel.
The same happens to me. With the cutscenes also

I had the same issue in 2017. only thing to solve it for me was to not use the Accuforce setup. I had to use a keyboard setup, implement the wheel commands an save it to a new name. Than it worked. 

Hi all,

It looks like you’re all on PC. If you are still experiencing this, could you please send me your DXDiag and Hardware settings so that we can investigate further? Please remember to let me know who you are and link back to this thread so that I know what the email is about. Thanks all!

How to send us your in-game hardware settings file

• Browse to your hard drive where windows in installed
  • Browse to "...\Documents\My Games\<game_folder>\hardwaresettings\"
  • Locate the file "hardware_settings_config.xml" and send this to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @)

How to save a DXDiag

In Windows 7:

1.      Click on the "Start" Button.

2.      In the Search Box type dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.

3.      Click on “Save all Information.”

4.      Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.

5.      Send the file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

In Windows 8, Windows 10:

1.      Press the [Windows]+[R] keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run command.

2.      In the "Run" command box, type in dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.

3.      Click on "Save all Information."

4.      Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.

5.      Send that file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

I crashed in FP1 in Australia and had no option to flashback after crash in replay too and had to retire from menu as I was unable to flashback.
That was on the release day - v1.03 on Xbox. First career weekend, first free practice. Does not happened since that.

I just installed the game today. I am running it on PC and using Logitech MOMO Racing wheel. Same happening to me. I can't even quit the game at that moment, I have to kill it. Overall, I go nuts from the menu and button layout in the menu (not talking about keyboard mapping while driving). But I am just confused using different F buttons and on different view same button means something else. Like normally F1 is to go to the management screen while you sit in the car, but puts you in hot lap when you press it when enter qualification.
I have sent my diag results to the email address above. 

Can anyone tell me if this will be fixed or should I claim my money back?

EDIT:
OK, so it seems to work just fine when I disconnect my Logitech wheel and use just keyboard.

Posted (edited)

Not sure if it's the same issue, but for me, it seems after I've used Flashback quite often during a race (Baku), it suddenly doesn't work anymore. Is there a maximum number of flashbacks you're allowed to use? If so, it would be nice if you'd see how many flashbacks you have left.

Edit: Seems like a mechanical failure was the issue. No way to do a flashback in that case.

Edited by rge75