Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Is it just me or is the implementation of DRS wrong in F1 2014?

I am finding I can activate DRS, when in the DRS zone, even when in front of a rival, not just when behind, and can use this to get away from him? Is this supposed to happen?

Or maybe you got overtaken by your opponent before the drs check and then overtook him again before the drs activation zone? (example in Canada, before the U turn you get overtaken, manage to get in front before the straight, you still have DRS)

yeah it depensd where you are on the DRS detection line not the activation line. The activation line is simply where you can use it but if you're within a second when you hit the detection point then you can activate at the next activation point it doesn't matter where you are when you hit the activation point itself

The last time I saw this happen, I was fairly sure I was in front... maybe it was close to someone, I don't know.... I'm going to try record the incident should it happen again and post back. Thanks for all replies. :)

It can be a bit dodgy online sometimes. This is probably down to the connection between two players. I've had multiple instances were we either both had DRS, or both didn't have DRS! In most cases it just works fine though.

It happens with me all time...soemtimes in my box exit lap i pass 0,5 behind a car and i can't open DRS but the front car can! O.o this system sometimes just don't work properly 

It happens with me all time...soemtimes in my box exit lap i pass 0,5 behind a car and i can't open DRS but the front car can! O.o this system sometimes just don't work properly