Sign in to follow this  

I OWN Spa!

Tonight I ran the third race in my carreer in Codemasrer's F1 2014 as Vettal's teammate for Red Bull.  The ONLY help I had was minimal ABS.  I started 11th after a rather poor qualifier but passed Hamilton by the 2nd lap!  My best lap was the 3rd at 2.016+ which put me almost 5 sec in front of everyone else, but I decided to slow down a bit by the 2nd half of the 4th lap so I wouldn't make any tragic mistakes and blow the race.  I came in about 4 sec in front as I passed the checkered flag.  It was mucho fun, but I gotta admit the best part was when Hamilton came over and shook my hand after I got out of the car!  It made me wish I had champaign in my frig!  Still though...Ricciardo will remain my hero!  BTW...I've got three questions maybe someone could answer?  First, is there anyway to save a copy of the Race replay?  Second, what exactly are the rules regarding DRS?  And last, I'd really like to do some on-line racing in a league or whatever.  What's the best way to get started and with what league or on-line matchmakers?  Thanx in advance! 

If that lap time was 5 secs faster than anyone else I assume you're playing on the easy setting. Turn the difficulty up and see if you own Spa then!

For league racing, go to the f1 games - leagues tab. I don't want to burst your bubble, but driving in the two minutes around Spa is very slow, if you want to be competitive in Leagues you should at least be lapping in the 1:50s max, and qualifying between 47-low49s

For league racing, go to the f1 games - leagues tab. I don't want to burst your bubble, but driving in the two minutes around Spa is very slow, if you want to be competitive in Leagues you should at least be lapping in the 1:50s max, and qualifying between 47-low49s
I agree with Mitchell.. you should work on getting a faster car and using no assists what so ever before joining a league...

Craig1405 said:
If that lap time was 5 secs faster than anyone else I assume you're playing on the easy setting. Turn the difficulty up and see if you own Spa then!
In truth in a way it does depend on what track you're racing on as some tracks are easy and some hard. For example I find Bahrain an easy place to get a win most times. Spain and Monaco tend to be pretty hard.

Craig1405 said:
In truth in a way it does depend on what track you're racing on as some tracks are easy and some hard. For example I find Bahrain an easy place to get a win most times. Spain and Monaco tend to be pretty hard.

He said he had the fastest lap time at spa which was just over 2 minutes, which was 5 seconds quicker than the AI. If the AI's fastest lap time at Spa was 2.05 I think it's probably safe to assume that he's playing on the easy setting.

I don't think I was implying that I was a champion or anything so prideful as that! <g>  I just wanted everyone to know how good the game and winning even on low AI made me feel as compared to F1 2013.  It was Amatuer level I'm pretty sure, but that doesn't matter much when you're just starting out! 

Is it true that for all league racing not even minimal ABS is allowed?  I also didn't do any tweaking to the car or enable DRS because I don't know where to begin or what the rules are.  These are areas I need a little advise on!  My time was 2.016+  I'd appreaciate ANY and all advice!

Well you have to drive around 1:48.8xx on SPA to drive in PC Apex online racing league split 3 :) So just practice some more, get used to no assists ( maybe racing line) and then join a league. It is so much fun, especially for competetive people

FFOman said:

I don't think I was implying that I was a champion or anything so prideful as that! <g>  I just wanted everyone to know how good the game and winning even on low AI made me feel as compared to F1 2013.  It was Amatuer level I'm pretty sure, but that doesn't matter much when you're just starting out! 

Is it true that for all league racing not even minimal ABS is allowed?  I also didn't do any tweaking to the car or enable DRS because I don't know where to begin or what the rules are.  These are areas I need a little advise on!  My time was 2.016+  I'd appreaciate ANY and all advice!

yeah I agree that's the AI I generally race as well but mostly because I'm not that fast and rely quite heavily on the diving aids anyway due to my disability.

Depends on the league really, I am currently driving in three different leagues, two allow most assists and one bans all assists in their top tier. 

DRS can be used in the DRS zone when being one second behind the car ahead of you through the detection zone. Press Y on your controller (I don't know which button it is on PS3 or PC) and the DRS will open, you can only use this in the DRS zone.

Im pretty sure that that time is too slow to even be battling with people in the lower tiers of leagues, but that is just a wild guess

Depends on the league really, I am currently driving in three different leagues, two allow most assists and one bans all assists in their top tier. 

DRS can be used in the DRS zone when being one second behind the car ahead of you through the detection zone. Press Y on your controller (I don't know which button it is on PS3 or PC) and the DRS will open, you can only use this in the DRS zone.

Im pretty sure that that time is too slow to even be battling with people in the lower tiers of leagues, but that is just a wild guess
It is really for me I know I can't erally competerwith people because od my disability same with Fifa really I always get pummeled I can compete against generally low level AI though. TBH that's really what I byu these games for to have fun against low level AI in a sport I enjoy following

I know exactly what you mean!  I've been in an electric wheelchair since I was 8 due to Hemophilia and it's associated joint bleeding and consequental joint fusion back when they had no way of stopping the bleeding at all.  Any Hemos born these days pretty much have no worry about any physical repercusions although it can still be dangerous.  Nonetheless I worked my entire life, raised two beautiful daughters, and drove everywhere in my trucks that a road can take you on this continent!

I can't even use a controller, or afford a wheel I can customize with rear facing finger paddles to control clutch and gearbox, so I'm stuck using a Flight stick!  It's okay, but I know I could drive a lot better with a wheel...even a cheap one!  Unfortunately, now that I finally can't work anymore and my medical expenses are so high, I doubt I'll ever get the chance.  You can't let problems like these hang you up though.  Believe me, if I ever let myself say "I can't do it", I'd probably still be living with mom and dad watching the weather channel and dreaming about doing things!  I'd much rather take my chances and hang out near the Logitech factory and see if any boxes fall off the back of one of their trucks! <g>  

FFOman said:

It's the same as anything : practice makes perfect. Go into time trial mode and do lap after lap after lap. Experiment with braking points and racing lines and don't be afraid to completely outbreak yourself finding the limit.

As for DRS , whenever the DRS sign goes green , you are free to use it and it will close automatically when you break. It's impossible to get penalised for using it because the game won't let you use it unless your allowed to.

I also noticed a few quirks in other areas of penalization.  For example, during a practice session driving a track I didn't know, I was getting penalized every time I went off track by just a little bit.  The same rules should apply to a race shouldn't it?  Because in a race it was a lot more accurate and I'd only get penalized for exactly the same thing in exactly the same spot ONLY if I gained an advantage or cause a fellow driver a problem.