Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Mechanical failures?

I havent yet bought the game (usually get it for Christmas!).  Are there mechanical failures this year?  In the previous 4 games I have only had 1 ever! If so, do they affect AI too?

No, there are no improvements in this area or any other.  Tell you parents to save their money for F1 2015, which is out in the Spring.

I am on PC so I'll be able to get the next gen ones.  Suspect that the license doesnt allow mechanical failures like it doesnt allow crashes, so we can all go on believing that nothing negative ever happens in the world.

Also they've not said it'll be out in the Spring all they7've said is that it'll be out earlier
That's right, my guess is that it will probably be released about half way through the season.

Craig1405 said:
Also they've not said it'll be out in the Spring all they7've said is that it'll be out earlier
That's right, my guess is that it will probably be released about half way through the season.
Yeah I'm thinking somewhere around the mid season break tbh will probably be when we'll see it.

Craig1405 said:

I was just trying to give the kid hope.  His parents should save their money for a next gen console or maybe even a PC (if they want him to grow-up to be real man ;0)

Craig1405 said:

I was just trying to give the kid hope.  His parents should save their money for a next gen console or maybe even a PC (if they want him to grow-up to be real man ;0)
Hope and CM games don't normally go well together anyway so what's the point?

To put this back on track, no, mechanical failures aren't in the game.

I don't think it's anything to do with licencing though, more Steve Hood won't put it in.

I was running a career mode race last night at Canada in the rain, and I noticed that Ricciardo ahead of me was going a lot slower into corners than he should've.  The engineer came on and said, "We believe the car ahead is having trouble with his brakes".  So maybe there are mechanical failures.

I was running a career mode race last night at Canada in the rain, and I noticed that Ricciardo ahead of me was going a lot slower into corners than he should've.  The engineer came on and said, "We believe the car ahead is having trouble with his brakes".  So maybe there are mechanical failures.
True. But only the AI can suffer from slight mechanical failures, not the player. Unfortunately.

Ive had lewis hamilton just stop at the last corner of malaysia about 15 laps into a 50% career race, helped me get 3rd in my williams on legend ;)  also i had massa retire due to a brake problem and i got the message "felipe has retired because of his brakes, make sure you take care of them" or something like that, although i know the player cannot get a mechanical failure unless you just do donuts for ages on the run off where the auto braking thing you get when you go off track and it slows you down, for some reason when i was doing donuts to see if there were failures, the brakes went red, not just temp but also in the wear part of the car status and every time i applied the brakes it made a weird noise and took ages to slow down, so unless you do donuts there arnt any major mechanical failures in 2014, besides the simple DRS failure.

Thanks for bringing it back on piste!!  And thanks for input so we are seeing some for the AI but not for the player.  So when I see my engine temp start to go red, I can just ignore it and carry on just like always have before!

I had a race in Bahrain last night (50%) and the engineer told me HAM had to retire on lap 20 because his brakes failed.... but he stayed on track for another 5 laps in sector 2. he would drive off the track when i approached him in the sector but then would drive back on track after i passed and park his car making the other AI have to slow and go around him. The engineer came back on at lap 25 to tell me HAM retired (again) Then his car was really gone.
Not sure what might have caused the issue but i did stop for tyres just in front of him on lap 20. He had to wait in behind the pitbox for me to finish. after he was serviced and came out is when he had the brake trouble.