Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 = Most Online Bugs Ever!

NickDahy said:
I wonder how much this has to do with Patch 1.0.5.   Every year it seems like the PC version always has the most bugs because it is a port. 
You can barely call it a port in any meaningful sense these days. Unlike the Xbox 360 and PS3 days when they were literally three different architectures, it's virtually the same code running on all three platforms now.

NickDahy said:
I wonder how much this has to do with Patch 1.0.5.   Every year it seems like the PC version always has the most bugs because it is a port. 
You can barely call it a port in any meaningful sense these days. Unlike the Xbox 360 and PS3 days when they were literally three different architectures, it's virtually the same code running on all three platforms now.
Should run like a peach on PC compared to the console hardware, obviously performance does not scale. They should write a Multiplayer PC game with car DLC. I'd buy that instead of this half-assed compromise. Console casuals can have what this game is now.

If you can't 'lead' Codemasters, why not follow?

Also then you could implement VR and shut the moany types up too.

Reading this thread, I'm glad I haven't purchased F1 2018 yet. For a €60 annual update, Codemasters need to do better than this.

Don't worry at all guys, in the next patch they will fix the interviews in some point. 

Yep, they will continuous ignoring the online community. 

What a shame!!! The game has potential, so much potential, but in the online part they do nothing to enhance the game. The worst of all of this is that they continuous are in the top of the sales. 

Could CM please acknowledge which of these they're aware of, which ones they're working on fixing, and when they anticipate these fixes being included in a patch?

Could CM please acknowledge which of these they're aware of, which ones they're working on fixing, and when they anticipate these fixes being included in a patch?
devtest updates are being posted to Steam so something is coming. 

What are "devtest updates", and where do I see this info on Steam?

Http://Steamdb.info

more specifically 

https://steamdb.info/app/737800/depots/

more specifically 

Interesting.  Thanks.  Hard to gain a lot of concrete info from that though, such as patch content/release date.

more specifically 

Interesting.  Thanks.  Hard to gain a lot of concrete info from that though, such as patch content/release date.
last patch came out at the same day devcheck was made so i hope today is the day.

For problem 7

A driver was unable to get their engine sound to return to normal after exiting the pits.  It sounded like he was driving at a constant speed down the pit lane while actually driving around the track at racing speed, and he had to Alt-Tab out and back in to fix this.

Try just pushing the button to talk to Jeff, I had this happen and just keying the radio fixed, friend also had same thing yesterday and it also fixed it. Easier than Alt tabbing out. Better to not have it happen at all but...

Patch released, bot NONE of these issues have been fixed unless they fall under "Improved stability and various other fixes":

Patch 1.06 is now out on PC. Below you’ll find the patch notes for this update:

• 2018 Car model and Livery Updates
o Various livery and sponsor logo updates to teams 
o Updated McLaren nosecone
o Updated Ferrari mirror mountings
o Updated Force India sidepod turning vane geometry and steering wheel materials 
o Updated Renault front wing and rear wing endplates
o Updated Haas sidepod turning vanes, mirror mountings and halo geometry
• 2018 Vehicle Performance Updates
• Players can now change AI difficulty between sessions
• Updated DRS Detection zones for the 2018 Singapore GP
• Updated Hungary and Singapore Track Map Videos
• Fixed an issue where it was possible to have DRS use on incorrect parts of the track after using instant replay
• Made some adjustments to the AI R&D Progression in Career
• Achievements – “Every artist was first an amateur” should now unlock correctly
• Fixed an issue where the player was being awarded an incorrect 10 place grid drop penalty instead of 5, for changing a gearbox in career
• Fixed an issue where the player was being awarded a 5 place grid drop penalty instead of 10, for fitting an extra MGU-K, Control Electronics or Energy Store component for the 1st time.
• Xbox One – Fixed Xbox Voice chat not working 
• PC – Global leaderboards are now showing in the Steam client
• Multiplayer – Fixed an issue in multiplayer where the host was able to select re-start session after receiving terminal damage
• Multiplayer – Fixed a deadstate issue for players starting OSQ when the host and secondary host are dedicated spectators
• Multiplayer – Fixed an issue where cars would spawn on top of each other after joining in progress a OSQ session and then loading into a race
• Improved stability and various other fixes

We are continuing to track down and fix more bugs and we’ll have more information about any further patches soon.

I also experienced a loss of FFB on the Formation Lap (we are testing it, I think we expected it to be bugged). This caused me to collide with another player (did not turn at T1) FFB was restored upon contact but this also parked us both on the grid with a DSQ from the lap. So disappointing that these OLD bugs from PREVIOUS games are always persisting!

I also felt a distinct loss of turn-in on several laps at Turn 8 and some non-registered downshifts. Upon testing the controller outside the game it was found to be operating normally.

Also, since 1.05 patch the wheel does not register steering input much past 90 (much like the steering rotation being set to 180) although the wheel animation has been correct all along.

• A short description of the problem: Controller problems
  • Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam): PC Steam
  • Game version: 1.05
  • Game Mode, Online or Offline: Online MP Bahrain
  • If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?: 17 Players no AI
  • What happened in the lead up to the problem?: Nothing except maybe Formation Lap I retired and was spectating the session
  • If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving: None
  • Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc): you guessed it T300
@Faya @Retro@RetroKrystal @Hoo

A player in our Testing Session on a 50 % Race Distance with 9 Players Unranked Lobby on PS4 V. 1.04 got the same issue with the Downshift not allways registering , and it also happened on Bahrain.

He crashed out in Qualies , but has a normal Formation Lap.

Will need further testing , might only be Bahrain ??

Upon investigation the lack of turn in can be removed by setting 'Understeer Enhance' to OFF.

This would suggest the difference was introduced in 1.05 or maybe 1.04 as I didn't do too much on that build.

It's definitely different to the version I can't talk about.

By the power of Grayskull, I have multiplayer that works!

We did our second pre-season race last night, and unlike the one from the week before where we amassed the list of issues summarized in the first post of this topic, we more or less had a flawless experience last night.  So... why?  You fixed everything in this one little bullet point from 1.06? "Improved stability and various other fixes". 

Anyway, our official season kicks off next week! 

Post here if you have retested since 1.06 and had similar experiences (or different)!

PS4 ranked mode with 1.06
Frequent issues: 

Having another car spawn on my car every second race or so.

Names disappearing all the time.

Can't join lobbies without restarting the game sometimes.

Statistics still reset to zero.

Safety rating is a joke with the inclusion of corner cutting counting for your safety rating.

Incredible laggy sometimes when someone joins or leaves.

I hope the next patch fixes those things.
The state of multiplayer at the moment is a disgrace, nothing really works well.

The last two years had various annoying bugs at the beginning and sadly even after multiple patches but this year shits the bed completely.

We did our second pre-season race last night, and unlike the one from the week before where we amassed the list of issues summarized in the first post of this topic, we more or less had a flawless experience last night.  So... why?  You fixed everything in this one little bullet point from 1.06? "Improved stability and various other fixes". 

Post here if you have retested since 1.06 and had similar experiences (or different)!
Did you guys run with Formation Lap on and did you use the same host as last week or a different host?

I hadn’t had any issues an wondered what everyone was moaning about. Saying that I only play private lobbies with 4-5 friends an rest high level ai. 

Suddenly 3 days ago the games become basically unplayable. Doesn’t matter who hosts (we all have decent internet)

first we had had minor lag. Annoying but manageable. Ranging from others saying “wow you touched the grass” when you know your centre of the track. 

Then it spiralled outta control. 

SC out in Canada during heavy rain. Vettel suddenly teleports across screen about 10 inches off track at an angle. 

Next second BOOM all hell breaks lose I (along with millions of ai) are given penalties. I’m told to give a place back to Vettel who number 1 was behind me to start with An is also nowhere in sight. So another penalty. 

Oh an my car is damaged despite hitting nobody. 

Next day Vettel grid place of 3rd is empty in Germany. In the distance you can see him sat at turn for first corner an starts when we do an gets a drive through for false start. Lap 2 my car full barrel rolls. 

Just fed up. No point playing if it can’t be reliable. 

NickDahy said:

Did you guys run with Formation Lap on and did you use the same host as last week or a different host?
Same host (dark), and we didn't do a Formation Lap either week.  Apparently it caused issues last season, I think with cars getting damaged if I recall correctly, but don't quote me on that.  

NickDahy said:

Same host (dark), and we didn't do a Formation Lap either week.  Apparently it caused issues last season, I think with cars getting damaged if I recall correctly, but don't quote me on that.  
Ok thank we will be testing at Singapore tonight on PS4 so I will let you know how it goes for us on 1.06 as that update just got pushed to consoles yesterday.

Why does it say this is closed?  We are giving actual feedback for online... was it moved to technical discussions?

NickDahy said:
Why does it say this is closed?  We are giving actual feedback for online... was it moved to technical discussions?
It was moved to Codies Lounge > New to the forums? Click here first! 

(yes, that is the name of the actual form this topic is now in!!!!)