Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2018 = Most Online Bugs Ever!

moogleslam

Hoo said:
For point 6, it has been this way since 2015 or 2016. I'll put your suggestion to the design team, although we've typically had requests from the community to allow this behaviour to avoid ruining league races due to internet disconnections. If there is strong feeling about this then we could consider alternative options for the future.

Maybe if the Ghosting is an option, how about AI control?
I totally think this is the only reasonable use of ghosting in the game! AI is so stupid/blind so it (probably) always destroys the race for others. I like the possibility to rejoin the race back, but I wouldn't count the result for AI controlled car in finish when player has not rejoined back - many times the player was unable to connect back or other problems like missing button to use his car again (2017) totaly ruined many races in our league (mostly speaking about previous years, I am waiting to play multiplayer this year as our league hasn't started yet).

@steviejay69 But the problem in P2P is that you can't say, who make the problem. Wifi, NAT, poor connection.
Yes, you can say that to everybody to get a good connection, but how can you check, they are saying true (open NAT and good connection) or they lie when we are in lobby and everybody is green? OK, bad NAT is visible by game icons above the cars, but anyway when the player once connected and he can't do that again? That's broken. Also you can believe it will work in league racing, where you know the other players, but public multiplayer without dedicated servers is a hell (and that's why I don't play public lobbies).
I didn't wanted to mention it earlier because I still think, the most broken part of the multiplayer is the game connection and handling of the sessions by the game, but yes, dedicated servers are the only option for a reasonable multiplayer these days, because when 19 players has solid connections and one not, all 20 will have a solid race experience, while in p2p model the 19 players will ALSO have bad experience as there are problems with syncing the 20th player and the biggest problem is, they didn't caused the problem.
Well, multiplayer as DLC is interesting idea, but the pricing will be difficult, as I doubt CMs want to lower the price for singleplayer and multiplayer is lacking a lot from career (car wear, management of the parts at least). And most what it lacks is a reliability.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I cannot agree more about the perspective of the claim. It is very disappointed to have an unfair, untested, unqualified, dirty, discouraging games for all skill levels. 
The bugs listed are not the only issues found. The repetition of the company will be destroyed by any improper project management practicing. So, I am begging for a detail planning to take care of the quality and performance of the software, the team and all stakeholders. Thanks!

It takes me ages to find a ranked race!! It’s frustrating! My region is Europe, if I’m lucky il get it to one ranked race with over 5 people in but most of the time it’s just me and another player, surely more people are playing this game online it’s ridiculous 

Archived