Wheel mount and setup

Thanks steviejay69 was seeing if I could save a bit of money but I won't be modding as never had a wheel before so will stick at my first, plus PS4 so not so easy to get the patch support so easy. Strange they made the Thrustmaster servo base for PS4 only available through TM making it more costly but the Xbox version is widely available at very competitive prices.
They're different. Plus the PS4 market is much bigger than XB1. 

Equivalent wheels (going up in price)

T80 (PS3) F458 (X360)
T80 F488 GTB (PS4) F458 Spider (XB1)
T150 (PS4/PS3) TMX (XB1)
T150 Pro (PS4/PS3) TMX Pro (XB1)
T300 (PS4/PS3) TX (XB1) * both available as servo base only
T500 (PS4/PS3 discontinued)
T-GT (PS4) TS-XW (XB1) TS-PC (PC Only)

All the wheels have PC support AFAIK 
Pedalsets and rims may vary but the pedalsets are basic (2-pedal), advanced (3 pedal) and premium (metal 3 pedal) 
Shifter is always extra and ecosystem is 100% compatible from T300 & equivalent upwards.

Okay thanks JR6492, its not always easy to judge by pictures and videos to how it could be in person. I have quite large hands so don't want to struggle with handling it, the PS4 controller is bad enough lol! But having a wheel with better placement buttons will help me not be so spider like with my fingers when trying to play F1 using all the added goodies.

Okay thanks JR6492, its not always easy to judge by pictures and videos to how it could be in person. I have quite large hands so don't want to struggle with handling it, the PS4 controller is bad enough lol! But having a wheel with better placement buttons will help me not be so spider like with my fingers when trying to play F1 using all the added goodies.
The G29 is a 28" Leather finished wheel. I am 6'4" with hands like shovels. The F1 Rim is 26" and I have no problem with the wheel size. Ergonomically the Logitech is excellent (I had a G27 and a G920 before the T300).

Yeah but you’ll spend time reconfiguring button layouts for ers, fuel mix etc.. if anything it would prob help if the wheel was a little smaller as I’ve crashed a few times trying to change them. It takes getting used to

JR6492 said:
Yeah but you’ll spend time reconfiguring button layouts for ers, fuel mix etc.. if anything it would prob help if the wheel was a little smaller as I’ve crashed a few times trying to change them. It takes getting used to
I found the G920 easy when coming from the G27. Unless you have the shifter mounted for the extra buttons the G27 is a bit limited. The G29/G920 are basically a controller in the wheel middle, far easier to adapt to and I think I changed very little from the default assignments.

ThrustMaster Ferrari F1 Add-On Wheel is a must for me I think.. ;)
However I am stuck on the base.. 
Thrustmaster VG T300RS Racing Wheel Servo Base for PS4 is a whooping £229.99! .. Just for a base..
However..
Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel and Pedals £179.99! < Anyone who has this G29, is the wheel removable AND if so suitable for the ThrustMaster Ferrari F1 Add-On Wheel?

Not without some serious DIY skills a 3d printer and some circuitry or a pocket full of bills. 

https://www.3drap.it/product/adapter-mozzo-hub-logitech-g29-g920/ 

There are adaptors but some lose button functionality and need button box to get back all the functions. So for that wheel, stick with TM or Guillemot servo

Btw anyone in here with a g29 remove the rubber piece in brake pedal? I want to do it as I currently use the clutch as the brake but I heard that you can’t remove the piece anymore due to a software update or something?

JR6492 said:
Btw anyone in here with a g29 remove the rubber piece in brake pedal? I want to do it as I currently use the clutch as the brake but I heard that you can’t remove the piece anymore due to a software update or something?
Why would you remove it?  I have had a G27 and now use a G29. The G29 feel so much better as to brake harder you have to push harder rather than push the pedal further. The G29 is far more realistic and you can feel how hard you’re braking. 

JR6492 said:
Why would you remove it?  I have had a G27 and now use a G29. The G29 feel so much better as to brake harder you have to push harder rather than push the pedal further. The G29 is far more realistic and you can feel how hard you’re braking. 
I just don’t like it and find it difficult to trail brake so 9 times out of 10 I’m locking up. Would like to try loadcell pedals though. Using the clutch isn’t ideal as other games like GT sport don’t allow you to change pedal configuration 

JR6492 said:
Depends how many games you play or what type of vehicles. I use a G25 pedalset (no rubber) but the springs are GTEye and because I use left foot braking, I use the clutch. But you can swap the springs anyway.

JR6492 said:
JR6492 said:
I just don’t like it and find it difficult to trail brake so 9 times out of 10 I’m locking up. Would like to try loadcell pedals though. Using the clutch isn’t ideal as other games like GT sport don’t allow you to change pedal configuration 
Have you tried adjusting the linearity or the saturation settings?  I have it set up so you get about 30% where the pedal gets tight, a good hard push to get it to about 80% and only a full on panic will get 100%.  It’s easy to gradually release the brakes to trail brake by lifting the pressure slightly. 

Do you drive a car a car in the real world?  I ask as this pedal feels more like a real car than the G27 pedal set. 

sirio994 said:
I use L3 and R3 for fuel mix and triangle and X for ERS (you can still change camera e access to replay from the menu) 
I use the 2 rotor switches   my right actd as up and down which automatically brings up the mfd and my left is left and right (jogging down being left and up right. Having had that mapping since the start of f1 2017 its 2nd nature for me now to change fuel mix and now ers

JR6492 said:
JR6492 said:
Have you tried adjusting the linearity or the saturation settings?  I have it set up so you get about 30% where the pedal gets tight, a good hard push to get it to about 80% and only a full on panic will get 100%.  It’s easy to gradually release the brakes to trail brake by lifting the pressure slightly. 

Do you drive a car a car in the real world?  I ask as this pedal feels more like a real car than the G27 pedal set. 
No haven’t tried that and don’t drive in the real world so at the start it was really foreign to me.. took me like a week to be able to keep the car on track lol

but I’ll try those settings

This is my new setup. The Next Level GT Ultimate with Logitech G29 and PS4. I love it  :)  My next upgrade will the new Fanatec "Podium" Wheel & Pedals (not yet released). 

@GreenThing

just switched from clutch pedal to brake pedal actually feels nice. Must of been at first just foreign to me. Thanks man

I grabbed the thrustmaster t150 pro (pro version has upgraded pedals) and the gt omega wheel stand. Good setup for not to much money, each cost about $150 at the time so about $300 for all.

Adolfus58 said:
I grabbed the thrustmaster t150 pro (pro version has upgraded pedals) and the gt omega wheel stand. Good setup for not to much money, each cost about $150 at the time so about $300 for all.
Was thinking that was a great price but see on Amazon its gone down even more, £189! Glad you stated that! 

Hi... i got the g25 which is great but playing gt5 with this wheel on your lap is a big no no ! , any other suggestions on a Steering wheel mount that can handle the weight, force feedback and room for the gearstick.

printed circuit boards

Edited by PeriRigos

If money and room is no issue I would certainly check out Fanatec. It’s expensive but its trustworthy and keeps its value in case you want to upgrade later. Next to this I would most certainly look into getting a seat. That will definitely improve your gaming experience. Isn’t there a shop in your neighborhood that has a setup on display you could tryout? That makes it easier to choose. Also a thing to keep in mind is the number of available buttons, switches and rotaries. The cheaper ones only offer a standard set of buttons were most of these are duplicates for throttle and brake. You therefor don’t get the most out of the game. But that depends also how much you want realism. Both Thrustmaster and Logitech will do the thing however. Most of my friends use it to full satisfaction. I’m Fanatec spoiled 😇

I use a Logitech G920 with my XB1.  As others have mentioned, it's not the best option in the world, but it certainly more than gets the job done for a 'casual' gamer like myself.

I previously had it mounted to a TV tray that I would use while sitting on my couch.  That worked just fine for a long time, but then, in a moment of weakness, I found myself having purchased a Playseat F1 rig.  As I said, the couch/TV tray setup worked well, but the Playseat rig, far more than I thought it would, changed the whole gaming experience in the best possible way.  The mix of basically sitting on the ground in combination with the 'cockpit style' driving position gave me a tremendous amount of immersion that was previously absent.  The most unexpected benefit from my eye-line now being more toward the bottom of my television screen, as opposed to toward the top, was the near immediate ability to better place the car on track (ie- more confidence getting closer to track limits, walls, etc.).

Upon personal reflection, my recommendation to anyone is not to get too caught-up in gaming equipment - especially if you think it will make you a better gamers, and even more so if it means overextending yourself financially.  It's all really quite frivolous, and honestly not worth it at the end of the day (with exceptions, of course).  However, that being said and 'adulting' aside, I get a lot of enjoyment out of my setup, and only wish I could use it more.  I get a chance 2-3 times a month on average to use it - haven't had a chance at all in the past 2 months.  The return on investment for me was worth it in more ways than it wasn't, but that's my own personal situation.  Just bear in mind that you can't purchase lap time - practice makes perfect, and with enough of it you can be among the best in the world with the equipment you already have.

It's an old picture (hence F1 2018...), but here's a picture of my setup [G920, XB1 S, Playseat F1, 65" LG OLED Television].  I put the rig on felt pads so I can easily slide it out of the way when I'm done with it:

1922622250_ScreenShot2019-12-17at4_58_07PM.thumb.png.f033dcac7cd0f691555a45ee0d444f1e.png

• Agree 1

I have built my own rig around a Fanatec setup. Pictures are old and hardware has been updated by now. Just to give you an impression. This setup gave me the “real” feeling. 5.1 sound built in and the bass speaker situated behind my seat. Speakers have been built inside the headrest and mirrors.