Sign in to follow this  

Idea WRC Ultimate rallyteam explained

Would u guys mind to pay for some small dlc's to make progress in an online and offline game mode like this? For example 1 or 2 euro/ pound for some special car parts?

I would be happy to pay for stages/full events and car's but not car parts.

Parts I think should be something you unlock for free by achieving in game/sponsors goals.

Evilsmurf said:

I would be happy to pay for stages/full events and car's but not car parts.

Parts I think should be something you unlock for free by achieving in game/sponsors goals.

Also not if you would build a car like is sketched in this idea?
And would u like to pay more for fictional stages? or for example the Real Monte Carlo rally stages?

I think if you pay for parts it quickly becomes "pay to win".  As for stages, I would be happy with real or fictional as long as they are longer than the 2-3 min stages we have at the moment.

Evilsmurf said:

I think if you pay for parts it quickly becomes "pay to win".  As for stages, I would be happy with real or fictional as long as they are longer than the 2-3 min stages we have at the moment.

Isn't that in every kind of motorsport? the teams with the biggest budget can buy the best parts and drivers and win.
But u wont have that in the Cup/ Challenge Championship where u have to drive with an identic spec of rally car.
But I think the more u go to the top league u should be able to buy some stuff. that would give u some advantage for example some WRC tires what could give u more grip on the stage? That's what I meant with buying some "parts" .

About the stages I do agree that stages should be around 5 minutes, although u also have to think from the other aspect of view, that rookies players who just start the play a rally game will have it very hard to complete 5 or 10 minute stages.

Perhaps they don't have the patient and focus to complete?
In that case I would rather see 20 stages from 2 a 3 min in 1 rally instead of 6 stages of 5 min.

Although the best is an combination from long and short stages in one rally. U do see that also in the WRC, where there are stages from 50km + and some powerstage/ small stages from 3 km.

brilliant idea Thierry! bravo! they should consider employing more people like you!

To busy with my own work and rallyteam, that i cant come over that much to the UK,
Although I will visit Codemasters this Friday ;-)

But I will keep trying to do my best to help making a rallygame more populair by the public ( gamers) so that the rallysport will grow!
Hopefully one day bigger then the F1 like it was in the Group B time!

Evilsmurf said:

+1 for more ERC tracks.

Or some WRC tracks ofcourse ;-)
yay you're back! Where you been man?
@justbiglee Crying in a corner sinds my last D.N.F. in the ELE rally here in the Netherlands...... really not my rally season this year....
Flashbacks please in real world rallying xD

Evilsmurf said:

+1 for more ERC tracks.

Or some WRC tracks ofcourse ;-)
yay you're back! Where you been man?
@justbiglee Crying in a corner sinds my last D.N.F. in the ELE rally here in the Netherlands...... really not my rally season this year....
Flashbacks please in real world rallying xD

Do what I did. Sell the car and replace it with a G27 and obutto ozone and wait for Dirt 4

Much cheaper

:)

(Also, two kids swallow up all my Autocross money :((  )

@Evilsmurf , nhaa I wont give up that easy and wil continue rallying for sure!
And beside rallying I will wait for sure for the new rallygame by Codemasters! :D

Its really worth it the waiting! ;)  :>
#Cantsayanthingmore :-$

LOL, my post finally showed up here...I Posted that on June 27 !! LOL did it twice as the first one did not show up.

@justbiglee if you could delete the first post please
:D 

Evilsmurf said:

LOL, my post finally showed up here...I Posted that on June 27 !! LOL did it twice as the first one did not show up.

@justbiglee if you could delete the first post please
:D 

Yeah sorry about that I found it on the bottom of the spam folder

Here a video how they build a 207 S2000 in 7 days,

I think this is also very interesting where u can see what crucial parts are at a rally car what u can upgrade,
Of Course all parts should be bought by the manufacturer for example Peugeot, but that would make it much easier for ingame.

I think this is also a very good slogan for the Ultimate rallyteam mode:

"If you want to win, everything must be perfectly matched..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_a9VFxNKN0

As you saw lsat WRC rallye of Deutschland , u see that damage and fixing the damage in the limited time is a big part of the rally sport,... amazing how Thierry Neuville's Hyundai I20 WRC was rebuild in 18 hours by the mechanics!

I think that building/ repairing and preparing has to be a big role in the Ultimate team career.

Hello Thierry, I think a good idea for the next rally game is get the option of not settings for the car like the old DIRT 3, Im playing online all the time and I think the better way to race in same conditions is not car settings, I hope the future game get this option.

With an opening day on gravel and the next two on asphalt, cars at RallyRACC Rally de España (23-26 October) will have to be rebuilt on Friday night. And to keep the pressure on, teams have just 75 minutes to get the job done.

M-Sport engineer Tim Jackson will be supervising the transformation of Ken Block’s Fiesta RS in Spain. He told wrc.com how his team would squeeze the work in:

0-15 minutes
“The car will have driven six stages on Friday, so when it comes in we’ll do the usual checks, look at the data and note any issues the driver has reported. Minor damage isn’t a problem because we will replace most of the parts anyway. We take off the gravel components as quickly as possible, including front and rear crossmembers, steering rack, gearbox, rear diff and all suspension and brakes. We can have eight people working at once because we are allowed to stagger service times. After 15 minutes everything is off and the car looks quite bare.”

15-30 minutes
“Now we are ready to fit the asphalt parts. The most important thing here is preparation; it’s essential to get a head start. All the components are already laid out, mostly as sub-assemblies that have been put together in our workshop in the UK. The rear crossmember is the brace for the suspension and is pre-fitted with the asphalt-spec diff, suspension links, uprights and even the dampers. We fit the whole unit in one piece and secure it with eight bolts. The front is similar but includes a steering rack and steering arms pre-adjusted to give the correct asphalt geometry.”

30-40 minutes
“Most of the rear of the car will be back on by now - certainly the crossmember and rear diff. While that’s going on, the guys at the front are doing engine checks and other routine servicing.”

40-50 minutes
“The gearbox is in now, and that contains the front diff. These and the rear diff are a different specification to the gravel units because of the car's speed, grip and wheelspin characteristics on asphalt roads.”

50-60 minutes
“The suspension and brakes will be fitted. The brake discs are bigger, up from 300mm to 355mm diameter all round, and fitted with water-cooled calipers. The whole system needs to be bled. Asphalt dampers are bolted on and it’s starting to look like a car again.”

60 minutes 
“All the major work should be done. Now we work around the car to check geometry, ride height and camber settings. These are different because the car runs about 60mm lower in asphalt specification. Usually it’s just a case of fine-tuning, because we have already adjusted the components in a controlled environment at M-Sport. Then we weigh the car to check we are not under weight. In general, gravel components are stronger and heavier than the asphalt versions, and that goes for wheels and tyres too. We’ll add ballast if necessary.”

65 minutes
“If everything goes to plan the car should be on its wheels and ready to go at 65 minutes. That gives us 10 minutes of contingency time just in case...”

Article from WRC.com

susitov said:
Hello Thierry, I think a good idea for the next rally game is get the option of not settings for the car like the old DIRT 3, Im playing online all the time and I think the better way to race in same conditions is not car settings, I hope the future game get this option.
Disagree with that. Definitely need car settings in the next game. The cars are much more driveable with a custom set up on. Particularly the gear ratios. 

susitov said:
Disagree with that. Definitely need car settings in the next game. The cars are much more driveable with a custom set up on. Particularly the gear ratios. 

I agree with u @rallycameraman settings are very important also for the rallysport,.. for example the technical choice to take wet tires or dry tires can make a very big difference at the grip level in a rally when it start to rain.

Same is for gear ratios, stages with long fast roads, u need a high ratio, what will result in a high speed,
But with many corners a short ratio is the best, because u need the acceleration out of the corners, not the high speed.

Same is for suspension ( on gravel roads or tarmac),....

The setup ( and parts) of a rallycar is for 60% the key to a fast stage time, ( Other 30% is good pacenotes/stage information, other 10% is courage from the driver and luck)

susitov said:
Here some small explanations about the technical / setups for example tires:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_DEhJxyBj4

And the gravel / tarmac setups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSvZFhEfY4M

My vision is to give every DiRTy gamer a rallyteam as character for there careermode ( and perhaps online)

For example lets start with the Ford Fiesta R2 ( sinds its a basic beginners car)

You start your career with an Clean Ford Fiesta R2 , no upgrades, just 1 Mechanic and not that much credits left at your bank account.

So you drive the first championship like atm in the career, after finishing at the top 3 u get many credits and go to an higher championship, instead of buying a new "car" ( what is an option)
You should get your money invest in:

- The unlocked upgrades at your rally car the Ford Fiesta R2 for example buy better brakes.
- Buy replacement parts for things that wear, new tires, etc etc
- Buy gearbox revision.
- Buy an Gravel kit, or Tarmac kit
- Buy a new Ford Fiesta R2
- Hire more and better mechanics/

In that case you can create 2 rallyweapons ( one for the tarmac events, one for the gravel)
Now the focus is more on your car to create the best "Character rallycar" to attack maximum the rally stages.
Everybody is free to chose what car he wants to dedicate, but this will give you and your career the best way to create an perfect rallymonster to attach the rallystages at its best.

This will make the career mode more about the cars, instead of just driving.

What do you guys think?