Sign in to follow this  

Idea WRC Ultimate rallyteam explained

I still think that this is the thing to implement in this game, after they have good solid platform ready like Paul said they are trying to do in that recent interview.

I hope it's okay to put some ideas and give more indepth opionions here when i'm on the computer? Too big ideas to write with my phone :smile: 

I'll be honest; I absolutely detest this idea. This 'ultimate team' rubbish has put me off football games completely, as it seems to have become an all encompassing focus.

To me, current DR career mode already has too much RPG element to it. This hiring of engineers and crew to run your Peugeot 205 T16 is daft IMO; if there needs to be a 'career', I believe it should be split into teams and contracts. I like the idea of teams having different personnel and different attributes, even different specification of cars but that should be assigned for you to work with, by a team manager.

The cars we're talking about in game are not ones that you go into a shop and choose better components for; they're recreations of legendary works cars, for the most part. Moreover, if you look at the modern cars (R2, R3, R5), they're like GT3 regulations. You CANNOT upgrade them, as per the rules.

I like some of your comments about itineraries and the like in the suggestions forum, but I hope not to see an RPG mode like this implemented over a more stripped back, driver-focused one.

I'll be honest; I absolutely detest this idea. This 'ultimate team' rubbish has put me off football games completely, as it seems to have become an all encompassing focus.

To me, current DR career mode already has too much RPG element to it. This hiring of engineers and crew to run your Peugeot 205 T16 is daft IMO; if there needs to be a 'career', I believe it should be split into teams and contracts. I like the idea of teams having different personnel and different attributes, even different specification of cars but that should be assigned for you to work with, by a team manager.

You are free to give your point of view @RodgerDavies ;-) I can imagine what you think, but i do think that its important to give a more character feeling to your car, instead of just driving, because els you get what @Rallycameraman already have, he loves the game and loves to play it, but he didnt really missed it because its just driving. ( if i am correct luke) an feature like this will get you more into the car, and it will make your car your character, you wont swap in that case ealy in a carreer mode to an other car, because you want to master the car in every aspect. How would you like to see an career mode ? Just driving?  

The cars we're talking about in game are not ones that you go into a shop and choose better components for; they're recreations of legendary works cars, for the most part. Moreover, if you look at the modern cars (R2, R3, R5), they're like GT3 regulations. You CANNOT upgrade them, as per the rules.

I like some of your comments about itineraries and the like in the suggestions forum, but I hope not to see an RPG mode like this implemented over a more stripped back, driver-focused one.

About the upgrades I was more thinking about maintenance parts, for example tires that got wear, or brake pats, or engine parts that wear, or a gearbox that broke down, so you have to buy the parts to keep your car in top condition. And in diffent specs for example Tarmac and Gravel got some diffrent kind of parts on it, Looking at my Peugeot 206 RC rallycar , there are diffrent kind of dampers for gravel or tarmac, Tarmac got bigger rims 17"gravel got smaller 15" with the size of the rims you cant have the big brakes on it, so gravel spec got smaller brakes etc etc.

But as we speak about the upgrades, i will take an example the R3 cars do have upgrades,
I am very close related to a team that drove an fabrics Renault Clio S1600, and Renault Clio R3 ( doesnt mather if its Renault or M-Sport for this example) The factory release some updates for a R3 car, new ECU mappings, or new driveshafts etc etc, I know that the Clio R3 had several fabric updates for the latest spec each year. So you do can upgrade the R2, R3, R5 cars.

I do agree with you that the Group B cars normally are fully upgrade although, for example the Peugeot 205 T16 got deliverd with diffrent packs, whith diffrent kind of HP, so there are diffrent Group B cars upgrades availible, there are no Group B cars that are exact the same. just quick look at todays WRC.

For example the Hyundai WRC, got diffrent upgrades too, the car Neuville drives is an diffrent car then what Paddon and Abbring drives, just a quick example, look at the gear shifter, engine power , totally diffrent.

That are developments upgrades, u can imagion that Audi didnt stood still in the Group B time, Look at the diffrent types or also known as evolutions from the Quatro. 

OzoreXS said:
Loved this thread. A game with this possibilities is a dream.

This aint a dream anymore with the release of DiRT Rally, they just have to pick this up ;-)

Different from before @ThierryNeuville we now know there is a future for Rally Sims at Codies !! Finally

gfRally said:
Different from before @ThierryNeuville we now know there is a future for Rally Sims at Codies !! Finally

:-) Totally agree @gfrally , hopefully they will pick up the Ultimate team idea, in my eyes i think there still is some work to do at the championship mode to keep the game challenging ( beside the challenging and sim stages / behaviour)
Really hope that they will pick this up again :(

gfRally said:

:-) Totally agree @gfrally , hopefully they will pick up the Ultimate team idea, in my eyes i think there still is some work to do at the championship mode to keep the game challenging ( beside the challenging and sim stages / behaviour)
Send them around 300k € and a box of cookies. Powerful arguments are powerful

OzoreXS said:
gfRally said:

Send them around 300k € and a box of cookies. Powerful arguments are powerful

U cant bribe them with cookies or gifts ;-) Ask @Hatward , @kickup @mrjamielowes  
But i guess money would help a lot! xD

I think the career mode still need to get something like this,.. hopefully one day as upgrade for DiRT rally 2.0 

Edited by MartijnvH

I would instead develop the online multiplayer career mode to something like this, or at least something like GRID had in their multiplayer. Rather than just picking up a car from the list and race straight away. If people want to get to race on the top esports leagues they should go through a phase like in all other games that you have to level up and upgrade stuff (this time, buy the cars and race to buy stronger ones). It would extend the multiplayer lifespan a bit and at the same time people would be practicing. I would, however, keep any RNG factor outside this system. There's enough RNG **** in the game industry already plus this should only depend on player skill and progression.

Sadly I dont think this will ever happen.

Edited by Riggs

5 hours ago, Riggs said:

I would instead develop the online multiplayer career mode to something like this, or at least something like GRID had in their multiplayer. Rather than just picking up a car from the list and race straight away. If people want to get to race on the top esports leagues they should go through a phase like in all other games that you have to level up and upgrade stuff (this time, buy the cars and race to buy stronger ones). It would extend the multiplayer lifespan a bit and at the same time people would be practicing.

Thats indeed the mind set behind the idea 😉 

47 minutes ago, MartijnvH said:

Just noticed that this topic is almost 5,5 year old,.....🎉

today noticed that post ,and this is how the career should be ,

but how do you feel that you gave them a great idea 5 years ago ,wrote all this,and still nothing ,,

1 hour ago, nasoduko said:

today noticed that post ,and this is how the career should be ,

but how do you feel that you gave them a great idea 5 years ago ,wrote all this,and still nothing ,,

Well thats not totally true, there has been some action and i have been visiting the studio, aswell with some features has been used already. But still not the complete package as wrote down in here 😉 would love to work this carreer mode out!