Jump to content Jump to content

Idea WRC Ultimate rallyteam explained

I still think that this is the thing to implement in this game, after they have good solid platform ready like Paul said they are trying to do in that recent interview.

I hope it's okay to put some ideas and give more indepth opionions here when i'm on the computer? Too big ideas to write with my phone :smile: 
I'll be honest; I absolutely detest this idea. This 'ultimate team' rubbish has put me off football games completely, as it seems to have become an all encompassing focus.

To me, current DR career mode already has too much RPG element to it. This hiring of engineers and crew to run your Peugeot 205 T16 is daft IMO; if there needs to be a 'career', I believe it should be split into teams and contracts. I like the idea of teams having different personnel and different attributes, even different specification of cars but that should be assigned for you to work with, by a team manager.

The cars we're talking about in game are not ones that you go into a shop and choose better components for; they're recreations of legendary works cars, for the most part. Moreover, if you look at the modern cars (R2, R3, R5), they're like GT3 regulations. You CANNOT upgrade them, as per the rules.

I like some of your comments about itineraries and the like in the suggestions forum, but I hope not to see an RPG mode like this implemented over a more stripped back, driver-focused one.
I'll be honest; I absolutely detest this idea. This 'ultimate team' rubbish has put me off football games completely, as it seems to have become an all encompassing focus.

To me, current DR career mode already has too much RPG element to it. This hiring of engineers and crew to run your Peugeot 205 T16 is daft IMO; if there needs to be a 'career', I believe it should be split into teams and contracts. I like the idea of teams having different personnel and different attributes, even different specification of cars but that should be assigned for you to work with, by a team manager.

You are free to give your point of view @RodgerDavies ;-) I can imagine what you think, but i do think that its important to give a more character feeling to your car, instead of just driving, because els you get what @Rallycameraman already have, he loves the game and loves to play it, but he didnt really missed it because its just driving. ( if i am correct luke) an feature like this will get you more into the car, and it will make your car your character, you wont swap in that case ealy in a carreer mode to an other car, because you want to master the car in every aspect. How would you like to see an career mode ? Just driving?  

The cars we're talking about in game are not ones that you go into a shop and choose better components for; they're recreations of legendary works cars, for the most part. Moreover, if you look at the modern cars (R2, R3, R5), they're like GT3 regulations. You CANNOT upgrade them, as per the rules.

I like some of your comments about itineraries and the like in the suggestions forum, but I hope not to see an RPG mode like this implemented over a more stripped back, driver-focused one.

About the upgrades I was more thinking about maintenance parts, for example tires that got wear, or brake pats, or engine parts that wear, or a gearbox that broke down, so you have to buy the parts to keep your car in top condition. And in diffent specs for example Tarmac and Gravel got some diffrent kind of parts on it, Looking at my Peugeot 206 RC rallycar , there are diffrent kind of dampers for gravel or tarmac, Tarmac got bigger rims 17"gravel got smaller 15" with the size of the rims you cant have the big brakes on it, so gravel spec got smaller brakes etc etc.

But as we speak about the upgrades, i will take an example the R3 cars do have upgrades,
I am very close related to a team that drove an fabrics Renault Clio S1600, and Renault Clio R3 ( doesnt mather if its Renault or M-Sport for this example) The factory release some updates for a R3 car, new ECU mappings, or new driveshafts etc etc, I know that the Clio R3 had several fabric updates for the latest spec each year. So you do can upgrade the R2, R3, R5 cars.

I do agree with you that the Group B cars normally are fully upgrade although, for example the Peugeot 205 T16 got deliverd with diffrent packs, whith diffrent kind of HP, so there are diffrent Group B cars upgrades availible, there are no Group B cars that are exact the same. just quick look at todays WRC.

For example the Hyundai WRC, got diffrent upgrades too, the car Neuville drives is an diffrent car then what Paddon and Abbring drives, just a quick example, look at the gear shifter, engine power , totally diffrent.

That are developments upgrades, u can imagion that Audi didnt stood still in the Group B time, Look at the diffrent types or also known as evolutions from the Quatro. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
gfRally said:
Different from before @ThierryNeuville we now know there is a future for Rally Sims at Codies !! Finally

:-) Totally agree @gfrally , hopefully they will pick up the Ultimate team idea, in my eyes i think there still is some work to do at the championship mode to keep the game challenging ( beside the challenging and sim stages / behaviour)
Really hope that they will pick this up again :(
gfRally said:
Different from before @ThierryNeuville we now know there is a future for Rally Sims at Codies !! Finally

:-) Totally agree @gfrally , hopefully they will pick up the Ultimate team idea, in my eyes i think there still is some work to do at the championship mode to keep the game challenging ( beside the challenging and sim stages / behaviour)
Send them around 300k € and a box of cookies. Powerful arguments are powerful
OzoreXS said:
gfRally said:

Send them around 300k € and a box of cookies. Powerful arguments are powerful

U cant bribe them with cookies or gifts ;-) Ask @Hatward , @kickup @mrjamielowes  
But i guess money would help a lot! xD
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I would instead develop the online multiplayer career mode to something like this, or at least something like GRID had in their multiplayer. Rather than just picking up a car from the list and race straight away. If people want to get to race on the top esports leagues they should go through a phase like in all other games that you have to level up and upgrade stuff (this time, buy the cars and race to buy stronger ones). It would extend the multiplayer lifespan a bit and at the same time people would be practicing. I would, however, keep any RNG factor outside this system. There's enough RNG **** in the game industry already plus this should only depend on player skill and progression.

Sadly I dont think this will ever happen.

Edited by Riggs
5 hours ago, Riggs said:

I would instead develop the online multiplayer career mode to something like this, or at least something like GRID had in their multiplayer. Rather than just picking up a car from the list and race straight away. If people want to get to race on the top esports leagues they should go through a phase like in all other games that you have to level up and upgrade stuff (this time, buy the cars and race to buy stronger ones). It would extend the multiplayer lifespan a bit and at the same time people would be practicing.

Thats indeed the mind set behind the idea 😉 

• 5 months later...
47 minutes ago, MartijnvH said:

Just noticed that this topic is almost 5,5 year old,.....🎉

today noticed that post ,and this is how the career should be ,

but how do you feel that you gave them a great idea 5 years ago ,wrote all this,and still nothing ,,

1 hour ago, nasoduko said:

today noticed that post ,and this is how the career should be ,

but how do you feel that you gave them a great idea 5 years ago ,wrote all this,and still nothing ,,

Well thats not totally true, there has been some action and i have been visiting the studio, aswell with some features has been used already. But still not the complete package as wrote down in here 😉 would love to work this carreer mode out!

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
15 hours ago, MartijnvanHoek said:

Can we put this topic back up, while developing for 2024? 😜

@MartijnvanHoek, it's been a while! Read your posts from years ago and I do believe we should bring to topic up again!

I'm really intrigued by your very very very very detailed idea.
A pacenote mode would be great and I've made a suggestion years ago to combine that with a recce mode, like you said in the comments.
There are a few other things I'd love to see added, like more co-driver option like Dutch (maybe something you can help them out with as well...) or Portuguese for @TheFlyingTuga
And I would really like them to open up the modding possibilities as well.

Having said that, there are a few things that instantly popped into my mind when reading it.
So I do have a few follow-up questions I'd like to have your thoughts on as the world of games has evolved quite a bit since then...

First of all, I'd like to focus on those cards/packs.
If they bring out those cards/packs weekly, bi-weekly or perhaps monthly, how would players be able to acquire them?
You did mention paying for them but with what currency? Money you earn by getting good results and performing well in the game or real life money?
What worries me most when it comes to this, is player exploitation by the company making the game.
And I'm not talking about the developers designing the game because they don't have a say in any of the monetization aspects.
Nobody should ever direct their anger at them regarding monetization outrage.
It's the higher-ups in the firm that decide these things and we all know EA's track record when it comes to this.
If your, frankly, brilliant idea would become reality, I bet the EA higher-ups would decide that the game should offer you as many of those packs as you can possibly buy in exchange for a fee that costs "a bit of real money".
And we all know the devastating effects such a system can have on both the players and the game itself.
I would love to see this idea being implemented in the game and only being able to improve or upgrade and progress your career with ingame money which you earn by performing well in events.
However, it's very clear that this would be too good of an opportunity for, in this case, EA to monetise the whole project and perhaps franchise into the ground.
And that's something none of us ever want to see happen.
So I would love to read what you think about this. 

Something else that came to mind has to do with eSports competitions.
They have become quite successful in the last few years for rallying, and racing in general.
Having an official eSports competition for each of the different championships, or perhaps just the major ones, would be fantastic.
But the reason I'm asking, is because of the imbalance your idea would create between competitors when it comes to the performance of the car (upgraded parts), repair time, etc.
For eSports it's important that anyone can have a go at it, no matter who you are or how much time you can invest in the game on a weekly basis.
For those types of competition it's important to keep a level playing field, especially when it comes to the qualifiers for example.
Everyone should feel they have a shot because everybody is using the same exact same "equipment", as in a car with the same upgrades and setup (as well as the level of surface degredation).
The initial phase of an eSports competition is all about finding the drivers with the highest skill level.
In the latter phases, you should be able to allow them to set up the car of course in order to seperate the legends from the greats.
So how you would implement that aspect into your system exactly?

Again, brilliant idea I would love to see but there is a possibility of it becoming a slippery slope and I don't want to see the car (game/franchise) end up destroyed on the bottom of a ravine.

• 2 weeks later...