Sign in to follow this  

Racing for Williams in F1 2018

Williams has always held a soft place in my heart so they're usually my first choice to start a lengthy career mode. Being Canadian, I like to keep Lance Stroll as my teammate.

I'm a good, but not great driver. While it varies a little, AI set at 95 with a bunch of assists turned on is about as good as I'm going to get. I'll usually judge whether I need to increase or decrease the AI difficulty based on how I do against the competition and relative to my teammate. After the first season, I'm competitive against the middle of the pack teams, but I'm routinely out qualifying Lance by a second and beating him in races by 30+ seconds running the same pit strategy.

For anybody else racing as Williams, is Lance or Sergey Sirotkin slow for you too?

I'm finishing season 1 at Williams, no assists, master AI on a pad and Lance is so ridiculously slower than me its unreal. Except in the rain where I struggle I always out qualify him by at least a second and often end races 20+ seconds in front. There was one race in Singapore where he was somehow going for a podium after a bizarre race only for me to lockup in the wet and take him out (sigh) but apart from that I have scored like 98% of Williams points. Even after upgrading Williams to the 5th best car Lance still struggles to get to Q2 in most qualifying.

Lance has a very low AI. So you have to so more work. I'm on season 4, top of the chart and Lance for me is doing really well in qualifying sessions and in races.