DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Number in the steering wheel dashboard

What does the numbers in the steering wheel dashboard represent.  I guess its to do with the recharge of the battery and ers but cant see what it says above them.  

To be honest dont pay much attention to them, they dont mean anything apart from the gear. The rest are just randomly displayed  that won't affect your performance at all, they'll tell you it might but in all honesty it wont.

the numbers are tyre temps I think but I just generally race the thing I don't usually pay too much attention to it.

Thanks.  I was just interested in what they were as the writing above them is a mess. 
It's not written on the old style wheels just the newer LED ones so I don't think it's that important.

Yeah they are pretty irrelevant to be honest.   I think codemasters just put them there so the led screen didnt look empty.  

Yeah they are pretty irrelevant to be honest.   I think codemasters just put them there so the led screen didnt look empty.  
yeah plus the engineer tells you when they're cold or whatever anyway so I don't think there is a problem.

Massive problem with the new steering wheels - Codemasters don't display the speed on them as per the real work steering wheels.  Cockpit drivers don't know how fast they're going!

How are supposed to judge your braking coming into the pits to get down to the pit limiter speed at the last second without seeing you speed on the dash.  All that space on the led screen and they left it out. This is a great game  but i feel like they have been a bit half hearted with it and are focusing on the next gen version.

You don't really need to know your speed though, I race in cockpit and at first I wondered where it was but you just don't need to know the speed at all once you've done a few laps on the track

You don't really need to know your speed though, I race in cockpit and at first I wondered where it was but you just don't need to know the speed at all once you've done a few laps on the track
Unless you're doing a formation lap with a speed limit in a league :)

The numbers aren't irrelevant. The one on the left of the gear number is engine temp, the two on the right are front and rear tyre temps. You can also see your lap time and split on the upper left of the screen, with your position on the upper right. Not even close to irrelevant information.

The numbers aren't irrelevant. The one on the left of the gear number is engine temp, the two on the right are front and rear tyre temps. You can also see your lap time and split on the upper left of the screen, with your position on the upper right. Not even close to irrelevant information.
Thanks for your comment.   I just wanted to understand what they represented now i do i can utilise the tyres temps and engine temps during a race and qualy.i have had all f1 games in the series so was interested in what they stood Cheers for your comment. 

Thanks for your comment.   I just wanted to understand what they represented now i do i can utilise the tyres temps and engine temps during a race and qualy.i have had all f1 games in the series so was interested in what they stood Cheers for your comment. 

No problem. The only thing I don't understand is how the temps on the wheel are meant to reflect individual tyre temps. Say the right front is hot and the left front is a little cool. Maybe the number just indicates the highest temperature of the two?

To be honest after you said that i did a race at china and everytime i took the first  long right hand corner the car status popped up saying my left front was overheating. I feel they have done a good job with putting the temps on there but maybe they should have put the temps for each tyre not just front and back.  

To be honest after you said that i did a race at china and everytime i took the first  long right hand corner the car status popped up saying my left front was overheating. I feel they have done a good job with putting the temps on there but maybe they should have put the temps for each tyre not just front and back.  
That's CM for you.

Actually yeah I forgot about that, sometimes we do that but often we have a williams leading so it's all good

What would happen if you change to an outside view just for the formation lap? Would that solve your problem?

It's also such a shame that the lap time split only gives you the spit over the entire lap once you cross the start finish line. It doesn't even give you the sector split time. It would have been nice to see the lap time delta all around the track like they get in the real world.