Jump to content Jump to content

This may be placebo or I am looking at it more but since the mirror patch I have noticed on a lot of tracks that the white lines are more jagged than before even though I have my AA at 16QCSAA, there doesn't seem to be much difference between that and 4 x MSAA? I have tried forcing 32x in Nvidia Control Panel but I don't think the game allows override settings?

Everything seems a little blocky now and I especially notice it on legends while looking at the rear view mirror, also some of the car lines are a bit jaggy, I am running at mostly ultra settings on a GTX580 with 80FPS on average at 1680x1050 120hz monitor.

Has anyone else experience this and is there a way to up the AA to smooth the jaggies out?
kimdurose said:
It's a memory issue / age of your graphics card / weather dependent.
The card is a couple of years old but still comes in at 23rd in the high end gpu charts, beats a 760ti and GAS doesn't come close to using all the memory at my resolution.

Weather dependant??

I am going to roll back to a driver from earlier in the year which seemed to be OK, pre release of GAS.
Here's a question regarding this subject. You can do many things with a computer, free up memory, make adjustments, roll back drivers, install new hardware and so on. What makes that difficult to do on a console? And is there a way maybe that the memory could be freed up on the xbox 360?
D4ZZL4R said:
Here's a question regarding this subject. You can do many things with a computer, free up memory, make adjustments, roll back drivers, install new hardware and so on. What makes that difficult to do on a console? And is there a way maybe that the memory could be freed up on the xbox 360?

Yeah it is quite easy to do on a console, go to shed, look through tools, locate hammer, take into house and smash the feck out of it, frees up the ram, hard drive, electric and your anger!!!
To anyone wondering about switching to PC as your platform,  This is the kind of issue that may arise from time to time.  
Says the man who has a console and PC, you have a dual personality lol.
Ive had a PC, since the days of the 386 SX-16 with its MASSIVE 40Mb HDD and I think 4Mb of RAM.  4x1MB SIMM's.  Ahhh the days of DOS 6.2  LOL  Oh and a super VGA monitor to display its amazing CGA/EGA games,

Ive now got an i5 laptop,  so its no where near the gaming PC I built to play Doom3.  

Just wanted to point out, to consolers thinking of switching to PC,  its not always a case of install the game and it works perfectly on your system.  Most probably will, but from time to time,  issues will pop up.  

If windows update is given free reign to update anything and everything, you may not know that any drivers have changed.     

It will be a learning curve for non PC savvy users,  but by no means impossible.  

Google is very useful for finding out what errors mean. 

:)
Google alongside youtube is very good for finding out what errors mean and a catalogue of useful, sometimes well presented, solutions to problems. Agreed. I learned how to fully customize controllers, and repair console disc drives, laser tweaks etc this way. Not quite a pc build (lol) but resourceful money saving techniques.