Sign in to follow this  

Difference between qualifying pace and race pace

I have started a new career.  i am 2 races in and have qualified 10th in Melbourne and 8th in Malaysia. But when im racing all the cars behind me seem to be quicker. my race pace is consistent aswell.  Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me. It Seems stupid to be able to qualify in a position and then be holding up cars that i was a second quicker than during qualy. 

I get the impression that the AI's use the rich mix in the early part of the race and then have to conserve fuel towards the end. This may explain their early increased pace, just a thought,

Yep, I experience this too, had it with F12013 also. I tend to practice and qualify on Pro and drop down to intermediate to race. Currently driving the Williams in career, usually qualify between 8th and 3rd, usually finish between 6th and 3rd. 
I didn't have this problem with the first three games which I qualified and raced on pro, just 2013 and 2014.  I just assumed it was me not so good at driving with the better handling in the recent games.

Yes, I've complained about this as well. In F1 2013 and F1 2014 the race pace is too close to qualifying pace. The AI's fastest race laps are only 1-2 seconds slower than their qualifying laps, whereas in real life the difference is more like 3-4 seconds.

the ai cars don't get affected by the fuel load. after 50% race, i've checked the race director and looked at the laptimes. they lap the same on the last laps as they do in the first laps. yet your own lap times get faster by around 3 sec/lap. it's been like this since the first edition of the game. it's pretty annoying.

the ai cars don't get affected by the fuel load. after 50% race, i've checked the race director and looked at the laptimes. they lap the same on the last laps as they do in the first laps. yet your own lap times get faster by around 3 sec/lap. it's been like this since the first edition of the game. it's pretty annoying.
I'm pretty confident that you're wrong about that. The AI clearly get faster lap times throughout most of their stints from what I've seen, and even more clearly finish with faster lap times at the end of the race than at the beginning. My observations are of 100% races.

I've not had these issues in 50% or 100% races on Career mode, but the opposite to some degree where I can't get in Q3 yet easily finish top10 in the race. Legend AI, no assists, wheel.  I have noticed that softer spring setups and often running some Aero gives better traction and pace particularly on high fuel. The AI certainly have over the top consistent tyre wear though meaning you're usually defending at the end of most stints.

basically what i'm gathering is, CM can't make a game that works for all scenarios of race lengths. i don't understand how they can't get it right after so many years. geoff crammand got tyre wear and fuel loads right in 1991 with f1gp.

basically what i'm gathering is, CM can't make a game that works for all scenarios of race lengths. i don't understand how they can't get it right after so many years. geoff crammand got tyre wear and fuel loads right in 1991 with f1gp.
    Just try Grid Autosport and you will have your answer why they can't get it right.... They miss the basics, plain and simple.